Usher Talks About His New Album

DirrtyDiana69

Proud Member
There's no title and no release date, but Usher says to trust him: He's not going to make us wait too much longer for his anticipated follow-up to 2004's multiplatinum Confessions.

"I'm working on my album," he said via phone from Atlanta on Friday. "It'll be out, I'm not sure when.

"I'm not doing the Dr. Dre to y'all. I'm not doing the Detox," he added, jokingly referring to Dr. Dre's all-too-long-awaited next album. "I'm on my way. I'm actually just about finished. I've been working on it all this year amongst all the other things I've been doing. It's been a somewhat tumultuous year for me. But you go through something to get to something. I'm a married man with a baby on the way, you gotta love that. That's the next major step. A lot of what I plan to offer with this album is kinda standing in this spot. ... The king's back. I ain't gonna say 'back,' I never left." (Read more about Usher's recent turn as a family man.)

A few of the people he has worked with so far include Jermaine Dupri and the production team of Dre & Vidal (see "Usher Finds 'Magic' With Jermaine Dupri On New Songs" and "Usher Hard At Work On New LP: Jay-Z, Dupri, Thicke On Board"). Other possible collaborators include Cool & Dre and T-Pain. This week, during personal appearances at Macy's in New York's Herald Square, Usher officially launched two fragrances, Usher: He and Usher: She.

"I wanted to do something for my female fans as well as my male fans," he explained. "I want to leave everybody feeling right. I wanted to shut it all the way down. I felt the only way to get acclimated into this business is to take into account there are two directions you can go into: male or female. Nowadays entrepreneurships start in any direction. I take notes from great designers like Tommy Hilfiger, Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford. These people were able to fully introduce an entire lifestyle brand. Me, I decided to start with fragrance. Clothing is coming. There are other businesses and other ventures as an entrepreneur you can look forward to. This is the one that will get directly on your skin."

Usher says for the past year and change, he was involved in every facet of the cologne-making process, including the smell and the design of the bottles and boxes. The singer has partnered with Liz Claiborne for his new fragrance.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570546/2...925/usher.jhtml

I actually like Usher but he is one cocky mofo :lol:

I hope his album is good though.

Moving my comments to this thread, since you moved it to the general music discussion, lol.

Shut up Usher. He's just scared of Chris Brown stealing his lime light, lol.

There's only one King and everyone knows who that is.[/b]

Lol and I agree with that. Usher must be on something if he thinks he's the king of anything...The King of cockiness maybe :lol: but other than that no.

"I'm not doing the Dr. Dre to y'all. I'm not doing the Detox," he added, jokingly referring to Dr. Dre's all-too-long-awaited next album.[/b]
Nope your just borrowing the cockiness and egos of kanye and 50.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

his album better not drop when Mikes come out. Then it'l be sad to see his imaginary crown crushed lol

WTF LOL and they call michael self proclaimed king of pop when he's never proclaimed himself to be anything ? what about usher who really proclaims himself to be The King when obviously the one and only King of all times is Michael Jackson. michael IS the king but hes never said or implied so himself. usher is nothing absolutely NOTHING compared to michael and he thinks hes the king ? :crazy: ugh what a cocky ass usher is blah ...

Woah woah WOAH...Hold it right there!!

Usher actually is quoted as calling himself "the king"??
I'm through with complaining about his ego - it's getting too ridiculous. :lol:

going by those folks on his album i expect more of the same jive he has put out so far. He is decent and can do a little something,but he ain't half as deep as he likes to dream he is. I still ain't heard a Memorable track from him yet. he is better than TImberlake but that ain't saying much.

this dude is another Kanye West.. Throws tempertantrums when loses, thinks of himself as a GOD..

These people that think of them so high, I think people should just STRIKE against buying their albums.. It is rediculous.. I could never buy an album of someone that speaks like that.. It is just fueling the reason why they say this crap..

"The King is back.." The King of what? wannabe's?? crybabbies??

USHER THE 'KING OF WANNABE'S'

I'm not surprised by Usher's comments. This coming from the same guy who got OUTDANCED by the real King in 2001 at the 30th anniversary concert...And lets not forget he got in MJ's way during that dance....

Usher..just shut up and go away

Oh man Prince of Pop, I remember that! lol, Usher looked liked such an idiot trying to dance in a circle around Michael, lol. He bumped right into him! lol.

Oh man Prince of Pop, I remember that! lol, Usher looked liked such an idiot trying to dance in a circle around Michael, lol. He bumped right into him! lol.[/b]

Don't remind me about this embarrassing momment :no:
I was yelling at my TV addressing words to Usher -->
gthooh.gif

Prince of pop? how bout' 'Prince of poop'

Usher tried to show Michael up on his own stage and during his own concert and Michael decided NAH UH! and stepped it up a gear just to show Usher who really is the king and all Usher could do was stop in awe of what he was aspiring to be like.

Usher tried to show Michael up on his own stage and during his own concert and Michael decided NAH UH! and stepped it up a gear just to show Usher who really is the king[/b]
Just imagine if Marlon was on stage with the both of them... :lol: Marlon was dancing his ass off that night too, so he'd probably be battling Usher and winning as well!

Don't remind me about this embarrassing momment :no:
I was yelling at my TV addressing words to Usher -->
gthooh.gif
[/b]
I thought I was the only embarrassed by that moment. I remember a guy on a message board right after that show said, "Usher should have never tried at act like he was trying to upstage Michael". It looked silly."

Marlon was trying to upstage Michael too, lol, at least, it looked that way, lol, tryin' so hard to do all the same moves. Don't try to outdance a genius of dance like Michael, you'll just look like a sloppy doofus. Usher proved that, haha.

Marlon was trying to upstage Michael too, lol, at least, it looked that way, lol, tryin' so hard to do all the same moves. Don't try to outdance a genius of dance like Michael, you'll just look like a sloppy doofus. Usher proved that, haha.[/b]
Yeah that was real funny, I thought I was the only one who saw that, but after Michael I think Marlon is the best dacer among the brothers.

Marlon was trying to upstage Michael too, lol, at least, it looked that way, lol, tryin' so hard to do all the same moves. Don't try to outdance a genius of dance like Michael, you'll just look like a sloppy doofus. Usher proved that, haha.[/b]
Yeah that was real funny, I thought I was the only one who saw that, but after Michael I think Marlon is the best dacer among the brothers.

Yeah that was real funny, I thought I was the only one who saw that, but after Michael I think Marlon is the best dacer among the brothers.[/b]

Yeah... But that ain't sayin' much, lol. Okay, I'll stop.

Yeah that was real funny, I thought I was the only one who saw that, but after Michael I think Marlon is the best dacer among the brothers.[/b]

Yeah... But that ain't sayin' much, lol. Okay, I'll stop.

Back