This has always bugged me. Ghosts and Stevie Wonder

J5master

Proud Member
the first time I heard ghosts I thought MJ sampled off of a Stevie Wonder song. Especially the b-section...where he's like "I don't understand it!"...and the back ground SOUNDS like "Gotta ghost, got em breakin the walls, got a ghoul got em breakin the halls, whatcha say whatcha " LMAO That's my best attempt :lol:

ANyways, don't that part sound like it came from a stevie wonder song??? i couldn't pin point what song it reminded me of. Am i just tweakin or something? lol

To me it sounds like "people of the world tonight gotta look for a better way of life" (or whatever it is) from Janet's Rhythm Nation. I can't think of any Wonder song it sounds like.

I'm stumped. I'm a Stevie fanatic and don't really hear a similarity, but we all hear different stuff sometimes and if you named the song then maybe I'd hear it too.

'Don't understand it!' has always reminded me of that time he sang the same thing in Working Day And Night.

the first time I heard ghosts I thought MJ sampled off of a Stevie Wonder song. Especially the b-section...where he's like "I don't understand it!"...and the back ground SOUNDS like "Gotta ghost, got em breakin the walls, got a ghoul got em breakin the halls, whatcha say whatcha " LMAO That's my best attempt :lol:

ANyways, don't that part sound like it came from a stevie wonder song??? i couldn't pin point what song it reminded me of. Am i just tweakin or something? lol

Maybe "You Haven't Done Nothin'"? It's a stretch, but that's the first/only Stevie song I thought of when I saw this topic.

The "Doo-do Wop" portion kind of reminds me of the "Gotta ghost..." section.

Haha its been YEARS and I have yet to figure this out but yes! You Haven't Done Nothing comes close :p

I think its just cuz Ghosts to me has a very heavy Stevie Wonder flavor to me, I guess with the harmonizing in that part...kinda similar to "As" with the background chorus if it were sped up :p I dunno lol

Back