Ne-Yo No Longer on Tour (Kells Related)

Bee.

Proud Member
Hey fans.

I read about this news yesterday and I was a bit shocked. The situation goes as this- Ne-Yo, along with Keyisha Cole, and J. Holiday are on the R. Kelly Double Up tour. Kells is in Philly right now. Ne-Yo is suppose to be on the tour but decided to leave the tour. Ne-Yo was interviewed on a Washington D.C radio station. This is what he basically said in the interview:

http://theybf.com/

Ne-Yo hit up DC’s 93.9 radio station a few minutes ago to discuss with EZ Street and the listeners about the real reasons he was dropped from the Double Up tour. Reports broke today stating that Ne-Yo had been dropped from the tour because of a certain unsigned contract. Ne-Yo did say in these reports that the whole situation was unfortunate because he had been practicing for months and had already performed shows.

But Ne-Yo now says that he was told to tell people his being dropped was due to financial and contractual issues. But actually it was because he challenged some of the goings on behind the scenes of the tour. And that may or may not (he purposely remained vague on the issue)have led to contractual obligations not being fulfilled. He discussed how simple things like a dressing room were not given to him and his dancers because R. Kelly wanted all 7 of the dressing rooms to himself. He also said that R. Kelly and his people were quite unprofessional and demanded Ne-Yo’s rehearsal times be cut short. Basically he wasn’t feeling the respect level given to him and said “No” to many of the unplanned and slightly disrespectful changes. And apparently, after Keyshia Cole threw a fit and threatened to not perform on opening night because she didn’t like that R. Kelly’s people slated her to go on before Ne-Yo, they didn’t drop her for challenging their decisions. And Keyshia still ended up not performing that night. Ne-Yo says all that wasn’t cool and he’s being treated unfairly.

He says he definitely still respects R. Kelly musically, but not as a man. Sounds like The Kells’ divatude is back in play…reminiscent of the Best of Both Worlds Tour with Jay-Z. And we all know how that ended up. Ne-Yo was asked about whether any lawsuits would come of this and he responded with the typical “We’ll see what happens” response. He also says now that he has all this free time on his hands, he’s trying to put something together on his own for his fans.

You can listen to the audio on the website.

I want to know what you think about this? Doesn't this latest situation regarding R. Kelly reminds you of that other situation he had with Jay-Z a few years back? Tell me what you think and do not bash anyone involve. This thread is made in good taste and intelligent conversation among mature MJ fans.

I believe the promoter not ne-yo~

Rowe Entertainment, Inc., National Promoter of R. Kelly's Nine Week ``Double Up'' Tour, Announces Changes in Tour Line-up
Wednesday November 21, 4:29 pm ET

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leonard Rowe, president of Rowe Entertainment announces that the tour line up has changed for the nine-week long DOUBLE UP TOUR which currently features R. Kelly, Keyshia Cole, and J. Holiday.

Def Jam Recordings’ R&B vocalist, Ne-Yo, was a part of the line-up through Thursday, November 15th. It was Rowe Entertainment’s decision to revamp the line-up, minus the Def Jam Recordings’ artist, because Rowe Entertainment could not obtain the final, fully-executed contract from Ne-Yo’s agent. The decision to release Ne-Yo was made solely by Leonard Rowe the national tour promoter. Contrary to previously published reports, R. Kelly exerted no influence upon Leonard Rowe’s decision.“From a business perspective, it would have been extremely difficult for me to continue under this cloud of uncertainty. Unfortunately it was decided that in the best interest of all involved, since I was unable to receive the fully-executed contract, I had no other alternative but to release Ne-Yo from the tour,” said Leonard Rowe. “We are currently surveying the availability of other artists in order to fill this void.”

Juanita Stephens, 404-494-9156
JSMEDIAREL@AOL.COM
or

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071121/20071121005657.html?.v=1
Denise L. Mc Iver, 323-229-9409
Dmciver167@aol.com

R.Kelly doesn't sign checks or make those calls. NeYo is crying but since he is writing all of these songs for everybody and there momma couldn't he have a solo tour by now? I guess not. it's way overblown. I'm not gonna say that both partys couldn't have come together and dealt with this behind the scenes,but any tour promotor in the game to make Money ain't gonna drop a act unless something is up. business is business.

If Regina and George Daniels hadn't been so tacky and ditched Kelz i think pr wise this could have been smoothed over, i hate the way that it has hurt the tour sales.

If Regina and George Daniels hadn't been so tacky and ditched Kelz i think pr wise this could have been smoothed over, i hate the way that it has hurt the tour sales.
timing ain't cool. gonna miss the association but time to move on.

Ne-Yo is a narcissus neophyte needing news. The art of B---S is to know when to quit. Whether you love or hate R. Kelly, folks need to report the facts more responsibly instead of looking for sensationalism. The reality of events can often be more entertaining then the lopsided logic and spurious spins being reported by Diva DJ’s and Wanna-be limelight seekers. Ne-Yo’s radio interviews regarding this matter weighted more against his argument then building upon it. *Sniff* *Sniff* smells like Jay-Z trying to throw a smoking gun into Kelly’s lawsuit (Jay-Z’a counter was thrown out).

Not to mention that Ne-Yo is under Jay-Z’s label/thumb. For those intelligent listeners think about it, Ne-Yo admitted on Ed Lover’s show that he initially refused to take his crew to Columbus to practice and that they were practicing in Atlanta, instead. Ne-Yo also admitted that he was told by the Kelly folks that he’d “better” get his butt up to Columbus and rehearse on that stage (which anyone in the business knows is important in the event of some unforeseen matters that might need to be adjusted accordingly--like lights, sound and so forth).

Once Ne-Yo reluctantly agreed and arrived in Columbus, his 4 hours was reduced to 2 hours because he used that time up debating and protesting. Ne-Yo was learning quickly he had to be a team player and just because he decided to finally give-in and act professionally, other performers who were already in place needed to use the stage to practice on as well. Ne-Yo’s time was cut because of his decisions, not anyone else's. Similarly, if Ne-Yo had to "fight" for a dressing room, and Kelly took them all, then where did J Holiday and Keisha get dressed? Ne-Yo may be a neophyte but his manager needs to get fired if he allowed his client to go on tour without a contract under any circumstances.

Or, perhaps Ne-Yo wanted to fly freestyle because he knew he had other rods in the proverbial flame while the tour was in motion. Notice Ne-Yo never explained how he "only" did 2 of the "5" performances "BEFORE" he was removed from the line-up that Monday. While Ne-Yo played his fans by trying to collect sympathy, let’s also consider his lack of explaining how he’d missed the Greensboro, Birmingham, and Charlotte gigs because he was at the Music Awards performing with Rhianna. He didn't seem to worry about those fans missing the opportunity to hear him perform then, nor has he fully explained that when he finally sauntered back to the tour that fateful Monday he was about to head off again to the Macy's Day parade in NYC while the tour was performing in Newark that very same day.

And then there were the continuos ribbon cuttings for the Ronald Houses and don't forget the masquerade ball he was planing. And as far as upstaging Kelly. He wishes. I have scoured the net looking for reviews and Ne-Yo’s name, let alone his performance recap, never made it to more than one or two lines in any of the papers or on the e-news-net while still on the tour. In fact, Ne-Yo didn’t get past the blink of an eye for his presence on the Double-up tour until he pulled his disappearing acts that did catch the eye of the tour’s promoter, Rowe Entertainment. When Ne-Yo refused to sign the agreement, which meant he’d have to forego the Macy’s parade (unless he could split himself and be in two places at once, or only fly around the country to cut ribbons when the tour had a 2-day break every 4 shows, or else he’d be held in breach)---Ne-Yo decided to “Cry Wolf” and finally figured a way to get the attention he felt he deserved, but had failed to yield on the 2 performances out of the 5 actually done.

But then---Thank GOODNESS! some Ne-Yo fan posted his anti-climatic performance clips from Columbus, where his mimicking Michael J’s steps seem several beats behind the frenzy Jackson made famous. And in keeping with Ne-Yo’s self professed idol MJ I noticed Ne-Yo generously sprinkles MJ’s trademark "ohhh's" marking each stanza, as well as Ne-Yo’s attempt to James Brown his mic. And finally, the boy needs a choreographer, his dancers are as uninteresting as his amateurish performance itself. I'll stick to listening to his records, I do enjoy his music. Hate Kelly all you want. But at least his material is unlike anyone else's----whether that is a good or bad thing or even bizarre, is left for the audience to determine----but it is definitely wildly entertaining and unlike anything I have seen or can imagine someone actually doing. And, isn’t that what we pay the price of those costly tickets? Otherwise, we can simply save our money and just by the CD.

So here's the links from youtube of Ne-Yo in his Columbus’ Double-up performance. You be the Judge:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. tch?v=tpWXst4NqkA

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=RSvzmRIimDQ

November 29, 2007 at 2:05 pm

And check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YzKQ-WM4s&feature=related

Ok, Neyo...What did you do for the king of pop because your stuff sounded like something Michael could have recorded?

Well, I-I-I really cant talk about it…[laughs]…you know they, they…he wants the world to be shocked. You know, they said, let it be known that you’re working with him, but you cant, you know, really, song titles, you cant go into…in detail you know…

No, But here’s the…

And outta respect for the King, you know I gotta, come on, that’s-that’s real respect right there

Yeah, yeah, you gotta respect him

Absolutely.

If Mike can do a cod blue then we respect him.

Yeah!

That’s the King of Pop
….

But hopefully, he’ll do some radio and stuff when he comes back on his new album. When is that slated to be released? Do you know?

Im not sure, he’s-he’s being, he’s taking his time with it, he’s being extra, extra picky. This gonna be a big album for him.

Yeah…it is…

So He’s taking his time, yeah.

So can you say HOW MANY songs on this one?

I cannot! Cuz personally I don’t know what he’s gonna keep.

Oh, ok

I’ve submitted a whole bunch of songs but I don’t know what he’s gonna say, had conversations with him…

You’ve had conversations with Michael Jackson?

Yeah!
I actually met him, I actually stood face to face and spoke to the man.

And he did say in a recent article that he thought that you are extremely talented. He said [imitates Michael] “I like Ne-yo…” Yeah he did! “I think Neyo is fantastic”. Now Mike gotta come through some radio. Janet came. Oprah came. Obama…you need to come up in radio and tell people about your new album and that you’re coming back with a vengeance.

Absolutely.

For real.

Last edited:
Back