Mike to be awarded with a Russian Medal for his Humanitarianism??

LindaC781

Proud Member
I got this from another board:

http://www.mjnewsonline.com/board/showthread.php?t=94380

sylavon
Off The Wall Poster!

Mike will be awarded with russian medal
I just posted this in a German forum too, because a friend of mine is in trouble right now. It`s a former schoolfriend who works for a couple of years in Russia. His event planning company was hired to organize a ceremony where Mike will receive the greatest Russian Medal for his Charity efforts.
What a bomb, I thought and waited to hear about it in the news.
I didn`t wanted to write about it, cause nobody would believe it until they hear it, see it......or read it.
Yesterday my friend called me again and asked: Is Raymone Bain still Mikes Spokesperson? Because nobody replied to the official Invitation through the russian Embassy.Whats going on?
Does anybody has a clue?

Thx for help........Bye

Can anyone get in touch with Raymone about this?

I hope they get help contacting Raymone or even Michael directly. I hope Michael knows about this or if anyone here knows how to forward the message they do it.

Good if its true like someone else said it would be great Publicity for him

If it's true, and it would be nice if it is, Michael's people can probably get in contact with an official to see.

I don't think there's a need for Michael's camp to contact this person directly, or his friend. The medal will not be coming from the event planning company. It will be coming from the government. He can just say he's been hearing about it and was wondering if it's true. If it is, the ball will roll from there.

Interesting.

Has Michael done something special recently or why (if this is true) is Michael chosen to receive this award now? I know that Michael does a lot of charity and doesn't want to scream it to the whole world like "look what I'm doing" but it would be wonderful sometimes to read about all those things Mike has done to help people and communities. It kind of annoyes me that the papers always write about Bono and other celebs doing charity things but never about Mike.

Interesting.

Has Michael done something special recently or why (if this is true) is Michael chosen to receive this award now? I know that Michael does a lot of charity and doesn't want to scream it to the whole world like "look what I'm doing" but it would be wonderful sometimes to read about all those things Mike has done to help people and communities. It kind of annoyes me that the papers always write about Bono and other celebs doing charity things but never about Mike.

Yeah me too. He has done soooo much and given so many money to all kind of charity. But the press only write about stupid lies. It's BS, really!

This easily could be just made up rumour, so lets not put any hopes.
Either way, even though Russia grew to be #8/9 economy of the world (if EU countries taken into account separetely) and expected to grow to #5 in few years, in music business it is still rather insignificant market and will hardly grow much. Also, outside whatever award will be ignored. Though good, if the message is true.

Last edited:
OMG, it began since yesterday - a lot of articles about UKRANIAN medal, not russian (i'm so upset), i hope all what it sad is true, but Michael in Ukraine on next week :rolleyes: nooo, unbelievable... maybe that rawarding will happen in absentia...

here is one (sorry, i got it by traslator):

KIEV, on November, 30. The Ukrainian cultural fund and the company «the Shark Music» have founded the new annual award – a sign on Sacred Archangel Michael. The first who will receive a sign on St. Archangel Michael is American singer Michael Jackson who next week will will carry out charitable reception in capital of Ukraine begins.

As transfers UNIAN (news agency), the president of the Ukrainian cultural fund Vlad Baginsky informed about it at press conference. As he said, the medal will award celebrities, whose contribution to development of world culture, and arts it is possible to count sciences powerful, and also the persons engaged in charity.

«This award uneasy. It carries kindness, strength of mind and is consecrated by Church», – has told Baginsky. As he said, the establishment of a medal should draw attention of patrons of art, people which can help children's homes and the sick children requiring for urgent medical aid.

Baginsky also informed, that Michael Jackson's donation will be transferred to Welfare fund «Ukraine – 3000» which will supervise their distribution.

According to the president of the Ukrainian cultural fund, will determine annual nominees of jury of fund. The nominee on a medal the next year is known actor Roger Moore.

By words Baginsky, the award has the form of the 16-coal star made of platinum and decorated 37-with brilliants and 8-by rubies.

The Ukrainian cultural fund sets as the purpose maintenance of talented youth, popularization of Ukraine in the world and development of charity in Ukraine. The partner of the Ukrainian cultural fund in sphere of charity is the International welfare fund « Ukraine – 3000 ».

http://www.rosbalt.ru/2007/11/30/436179.html

Last edited:
I hope this is true. Michael has proabably done more actual one on one work for people, children and adults alike, then any other person of celebrity status, yet he never gets any recognition or acknowledgement for it. Michael isn't interested in that aspect of course. People say that helping others is the most selfish act because it makes you feel good about yourself. But Michael has always helped for the sake of helping alone, for the sake of bettering people's lives, for the sake of bringing light in to their worlds, for their sake alone. That is utterly unselfish. The thing too is, you never hear about what Michael's done to help people. Unlike with some celebrities who always have their faces plastered on TV or the news, Michael always donates quietly, he makes visits to hospitals quietly, he's invited children to his ranch to escape their painful realities quietly. I mean, the man has given to more charities then any other famous person ever, he's given proabably hundreds of millions of dollars away, and he's spent hours and hours just sitting and talking with people that are sick or need help and letting them know that he cares. That means more in my eyes then constantly lobbying to politicians and asking them to introduce bills or donate more money to this country or that. Because that doesn't let people know on a personal basis that you specifically care. Its far away, helping indirectly and without having to face the ugliness head on, and I'm not talking about going and having your picture taken while handing out plates of food to starving children, I'm talking about actually going there and holding their hand, talking to them, letting them know you're there for them. That's what Michael does, what Michael does is real, he's there. He's willing to expose himself to that suffering just to make it less so, to bring some goodness and joy in to it. He's always helped through his own means, either by sending his own hard earned money, or setting up his own non-profit organizations or by making actual visits and spending time there. It may not reach as many people as having an actual nation take action, but it has a more powerful affect on people, it touches them in a much deeper way. Helping one person on that level, on a personal level, on a human level, makes greater change then helping thousands in a calculated, scientific, political way, I feel. The mental aspect is the most important, and giving your own hand, in person, is where you begin to make a difference in that way. To paraphrase Frank Dileo, and this is one of the truest quotes describing Michael, "He's not afriad to look in to the worst suffering and find something beautiful."

Last edited:
I hope this is true. Michael has proabably done more actual one on one work for people, children and adults alike, then any other person of celebrity status, yet he never gets any recognition or acknowledgement for it. Michael isn't interested in that aspect of course. People say that helping others is the most selfish act because it makes you feel good about yourself. But Michael has always helped for the sake of helping alone, for the sake of bettering people's lives, for the sake of bringing light in to their worlds, for their sake alone. That is utterly unselfish. The thing too is, you never hear about what Michael's done to help people. Unlike with some celebrities who always have their faces plastered on TV or the news, Michael always donates quietly, he makes visits to hospitals quietly, he's invited children to his ranch to escape their painful realities quietly. I mean, the man has given to more charities then any other famous person ever, he's given proabably hundreds of millions of dollars away, and he's spent hours and hours just sitting and talking with people that are sick or need help and letting them know that he cares. That means more in my eyes then constantly lobbying to politicians and asking them to introduce bills or donate more money to this country or that. Because that doesn't let people know on a personal basis that you specifically care. Its far away, helping indirectly and without having to face the ugliness head on, and I'm not talking about going and having your picture taken while handing out plates of food to starving children, I'm talking about actually going there and holding their hand, talking to them, letting them know you're there for them. That's what Michael does, what Michael does is real, he's there. He's willing to expose himself to that suffering just to make it less so, to bring some goodness and joy in to it. He's always helped through his own means, either by sending his own hard earned money, or setting up his own non-profit organizations or by making actual visits and spending time there. It may not reach as many people as having an actual nation take action, but it has a more powerful affect on people, it touches them in a much deeper way. Helping one person on that level, on a personal level, on a human level, makes greater change then helping thousands in a calculated, scientific, political way, I feel. The mental aspect is the most important, and giving your own hand, in person, is where you begin to make a difference in that way. To paraphrase Frank Dileo, and this is one of the truest quotes describing Michael, "He's not afriad to look in to the worst suffering and find something beautiful."

And THAT alone is the reason why I posted my latest blog. He does care...it's not like he is another big-time celebrity to "give" just to get more publicity. He really does care. He is an outstanding humanitarian....

I agree with you all, I hope it is true too. I wonder if michael has ever been to Russia?

Last edited:
now there's a big fuss, organizers have held press conference, if all it's false some honoured persons will tarnish their reputation...
yes he has during the history tour. im not sure about his previous tours. hes been there at least once:)
during Dangerous tour too :)

Back