No One Will Duplicate the 'Thriller' ~~My Blog

mello1

Proud Member
In an effort to promote the use of our new main site, www.mjjcommunity.com and our new blog feature, I write from time to time a commentary called '...Cuz I Got Something to Say About It...'

I just posted a new commentary titled 'No One Will Duplicate the 'Thriller' and you can read it here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/index.p...te-The-Thriller-.html&task=userblog&Itemid=48

Go take a peep and then come back prove me wrong! :p

no resistance here. u are so,so right! i agree that the feat done by the album thriller and the people behind it can never be duplicated. it set the pace for a whole lot of things most notably the use of videos to promote an album. it broke every possible record there is and has really taken the music industry by storm. the astounding success and musical phenomenon it has created has put MJ way up there. no other artist can ever achieve what thriller has achieved. if only for these, MJ deserves to be called the greatest artist of all time

Last edited:
Oh I just thought that some would take issue to my assessment of today's artists!:p:p

*goes back looks for something to take issue with* :p

I actually agree with your point and I quote:

The music industry is no longer interested in pushing great music as it is in exploiting the personal lives of artists as a selling tool and over-glamorizing artists to cover for their lack of vocal skills, musicianship and showmanship.

Sadly the good artists (the ones who can really sing or write music) are overshadowed and out marketed by the "marketable" stars that the industry heads do chose to put there at the forefront. So hence our Top 40 charts and radio stations are full of bad music that all sounds the same and all seem to be missing that special something.

I've taken to hunting down music that is not signed to big labels, and I'm enjoying what I've found... and the funny thing is a lot of music I like ends up making it big later on (ie. The Gossip, Sneaky Sound System).

*goes back looks for something to take issue with* :p

I actually agree with your point and I quote:

The music industry is no longer interested in pushing great music as it is in exploiting the personal lives of artists as a selling tool and over-glamorizing artists to cover for their lack of vocal skills, musicianship and showmanship.

Sadly the good artists (the ones who can really sing or write music) are overshadowed and out marketed by the "marketable" stars that the industry heads do chose to put there at the forefront. So hence our Top 40 charts and radio stations are full of bad music that all sounds the same and all seem to be missing that special something.

I've taken to hunting down music that is not signed to big labels, and I'm enjoying what I've found... and the funny thing is a lot of music I like ends up making it big later on (ie. The Gossip, Sneaky Sound System).

Back