November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~J-5 Reunion Tour? ALL THREADS MERGED~

L.J

Proud Member
Good Morning everyone :)

No news to report, but keep checking for updates :D

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Great moments in sales
Why sell your soul for rock 'n' roll when you can sell everything else?

- 1984 - Michael Jackson outbids Paul McCartney for the Beatles catalogue, which, via the Byzantine machinations and fumblings of Apple Corp., the Beatles themselves, and a cackle of record industry hyenas, the group did not own.

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=83417&sc=95

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1991 - Michael Jackson's album "Dangerous" was released.

Jermaine claims Michael WILL participate in J5 reunion next year

The Jackson 5 to finally reunite for first tour since 1984: Jermaine

According to the BBC News, Jermaine Jackson has announced that, yes, his younger brother, pop legend Michael Jackson, will rejoin his four elder brothers for a Jackson 5 reunion tour next year.

About Michael rejoining his brothers, Jermaine, 52, said, "He has to be (touring with us), he's a Jackson. He was at the meetings, Michael will be involved."

Michael, 49, first joined his brothers in 1966 when he was only seven years of age and was the primary lead singer of the group replacing Jermaine, who took co-lead vocal spots from the moment on.

The Jackson 5 scored hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s including "I Want You Back", "ABC", "I'll Be There", "Dancing Machine" and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)". Their last album with Michael was 1984's "Victory". The final Jacksons album altogether, 1989's "2300 Jackson Street", only featured Michael in the title track.

In 1997, the brothers were inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Their last reunion was for Michael's 30th Anniversary concert in 2001 at Madison Square Garden.

Jermaine has hinted the original quintet of Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael (Randy joined the group formally in 1976 after Jermaine chose to stay in Motown while his brothers went to Epic) will work on a brand new album also though that remains to be seen.

Here are sources to go to:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7113211.stm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4289739a1860.html

----
Add more if you want. And please don't go "WWRS (What Would Raymone Say?)" :lol:

Re: Jermaine claims Michael WILL participate in J5 reunion next year

I apologize to everyone whom posted something in the news thread. I was trying to copy the news thread to the news and announcements and I deleted all comments. :( I hope you will forgive me but you can go ahead and post if you had something on here. ;)

Thanks Dorothy. :flowers: I didn't see the News & Mentionings thread. :lol:

Anyway here's another article from Jermaine who says Michael's "the most misunderstood person on this planet Earth" (you know how Jermaine is with his big words :lol: )

Michael Jackson back in the studio rehearsing for tour

Posted by: Owen Williams @ 26 Nov -

Michael Jackson is back in the studio and rehearsing for a forthcoming tour, his brother has revealed.

Jermaine Jackson admitted that the family were planning to go on the road together. And he said the troubled singer was determined to bounce back from all the controversy he has been surrounded by.

He said: "He's very strong, he's in the studio now working, we're working together and we're planning a tour and getting things together.

"It's very hard because Michael is the most misunderstood person on this planet earth.

"He's the most incredible, wonderful, giving person and he's the number one donor throughout the world in just giving money to charities and buying people who can't afford to be buried.

"He has a big heart. This whole thing is a conspiracy. It was all contrived to sort of trying to bring him down."

Jackson was speaking on the chat show "Katie & Peter: Unleashed".

----
SOURCE: http://www.showbizspy.com/2007/11/26/michael-jackson-back-in-the-studio-rehearsing-for-tour/

Here it comes! This is obviously true because it is coming from Jermaine man! No pun intended..Anyway, looks like everything is setting into motion!

You always have to watch what Jermaine say but he did claim the brothers were planning to reunite had that... well you know, had not occurred.

The Jackson 5 to finally reunite for first tour since 1984: Jermaine

According to the BBC News, Jermaine Jackson has announced that, yes, his younger brother, pop legend Michael Jackson, will rejoin his four elder brothers for a Jackson 5 reunion tour next year.

About Michael rejoining his brothers, Jermaine, 52, said, "He has to be (touring with us), he's a Jackson. He was at the meetings, Michael will be involved."

Michael, 49, first joined his brothers in 1966 when he was only seven years of age and was the primary lead singer of the group replacing Jermaine, who took co-lead vocal spots from the moment on.

The Jackson 5 scored hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s including "I Want You Back", "ABC", "I'll Be There", "Dancing Machine" and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)". Their last album with Michael was 1984's "Victory". The final Jacksons album altogether, 1989's "2300 Jackson Street", only featured Michael in the title track.

In 1997, the brothers were inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Their last reunion was for Michael's 30th Anniversary concert in 2001 at Madison Square Garden.

Jermaine has hinted the original quintet of Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael (Randy joined the group formally in 1976 after Jermaine chose to stay in Motown while his brothers went to Epic) will work on a brand new album also though that remains to be seen.

Here are sources to go to:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7113211.stm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4289739a1860.html

----
Add more if you want. And please don't go "WWRS (What Would Raymone Say?)" :lol:
I STILL don't believe it.

I go for the Wait til I see it! There were so many J5 reunion stories out of Jermaine his mouth the past decade. It remains to be seen.

Thanks for the news! Ok, Jermaine, we shall see!

I'm posting this here too (Also in the TV Alert thread)

On GMA's website it says that people can send them their own version of thriller and the best ones will be aired on friday!

Here is a link:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/BeSeenBeHe...ory?id=3914473

So if some of u out there got some idea do a video of thriller ur way!

Someone posted this on MJNO!
All you talented peeps get to work!

I go for the Wait til I see it! There were so many J5 reunion stories out of Jermaine his mouth the past decade. It remains to be seen.

I've often wondered HOW many times he has said that the Jacksons would reunite... 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and now.... :lol:

I don't know, Jermaine, but one of the things that stuck out to me on the Ebony interview is what Jessie Jackson said about Michael...

it said he is devoted to his parents AND .. brothers and sisters...

that said alot to me about his character

I always felt Michael was devoted to his siblings anyway. Despite all the bull-ish that has happened, the brothers DO love each other, all six of them do. If they didn't, you think they would've reunited in '01 to celebrate Mike's big shindig? I don't think so. Maybe this isn't a myth. We'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Re: November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~Jermaine:MJ to Join J-5 Reunion Tour?

groundhog day anyone :lol:

Re: November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~Jermaine:MJ to Join J-5 Reunion Tour?

LJ i just posted in here to support your thread making you owe me one.

GO Jacksons!

:rolleyes:

:(

Perhaps I just like to live in hope but I would love to believe they'll reunite and I'll be right there with everyone else here when (and if) they do. Whether it be now or in 40 years (wow..and imagine how old Michael will be then lol) I'll be right there!!

And aww @ the brotherly support.

I STILL don't believe it.

Why not?

Jermaine has been saying that there were be a Jackson family Reunion tour. However, ithasnot happened yet. Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean that it will not happened. I just do not understand why so many people in the fan community boards are discrediting Jermaine.

Perhaps I just like to live in hope but I would love to believe they'll reunite and I'll be right there with everyone else here when (and if) they do. Whether it be now or in 40 years (wow..and imagine how old Michael will be then lol) I'll be right there!!

And aww @ the brotherly support.

Actually, next year marks the 40th anniversary since the release of the J5's first recorded single "Big Boy" so I think there could be extra sentiment value in all of this though they were "professional" since 1966 even before records. People don't truly know the history of the Jackson 5. They've had an illustrious tenure together.

Why not?

Jermaine has been saying that there were be a Jackson family Reunion tour. However, ithasnot happened yet. Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean that it will not happened. I just do not understand why so many people in the fan community boards are discrediting Jermaine.

I think the reasons why because they feel that Jermaine is just saying it to be saying it. I'm not putting my hopes up high but I also won't go that far to think it wasn't true but there are good reasons why not a lot of people here "believe this" and then if Raymone denies it, "see what I tell ya?" :lol:

we need some MJ the Businessman news in todays news thread..

Day 94
Oct 25, 2007

resize_image.php

A fortnightly newsletter highlighting some of the many classic songs in the Sony/ATV Music Publishing catalog.

From Alan Warner, Creative Consultant

Beatles songs…Instrumentally

Back in 1964, Capitol hit the Top 20 US album charts with “The Beatles Song Book”, a collection of 11 Lennon/McCartney tunes played a studio orchestra known as The Hollyridge Strings, arranged & conducted by Stu Phillips. A single off this LP with ALL MY LOVING on the A side was a minor best-seller. In the movie “A Hard Day’s Night”, there’s a scene where Ringo walks along the bank of a canal and the sequence is accompanied by an instrumental version of the Lennon/McCartney song THIS BOY conducted by George Martin; it was released as a single (coupled with George’s orchestral arrangement of AND I LOVE HER) and the 45 reached #53 on the Hot 100.

RINGO’S THEME (THIS BOY) was also included on George Martin’s own album of Lennon/McCartney melodies titled “Off The Beatle Track” issued on Parlophone in the UK and on United Artists here.

These and many other Sony/ATV songs...which have been successfully released as Orchestral and Instrumental recordings...are featured - in this week’s “Musical Notes” newsletter.

Sony/ATV Timeline

50 years ago, Leiber & Stoller were #1!

Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller’s JAILHOUSE ROCK by Elvis Presley reached the top of the Billboard singles chart on October 21, 1957, and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Two of Emmylou Harris’s personal favorites
There’s a superb new 4-CD box-set out on Rhino containing rare tracks and forgotten gems by Emmylou Harris. Among the songs are Lennon & McCartney’s FOR NO ONE and Leonard Cohen’s BALLAD OF THE RUNAWAY HORSE.

INSTRUMENTALLY SPEAKING

Over 35 memorable Sony/ATV melodies
Following is a list of just some of many Sony/ATV copyrights which were instrumental best-sellers over the years. They range from movie themes to jazz compositions such as Duke Ellington’s MOOD INDIGO which was first recorded as a non-vocal prior to the now-famous lyric being written. In the weeks and months ahead, I’ll be highlighting some of these in more depth; for instance, the version of TANGERINE listed below is from a classic pairing of two of the finest tenor sax players in jazz history: Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster and a future newsletter will list this and a slew of other key jazz recordings of standards in the Famous Music Catalog.

Remembering how effectively TV’s “Benny Hill Show” used our Boots Randolph tune YAKETY SAX, there are endless possibilities for utilizing an orchestral version of a familiar melody in movies & television or even in a TV commercial. For instance, check out JAVA which you probably know as an instantly-recognizable melody without being able to immediately recall its title. Or similarly ON THE REBOUND written and played by country pianist Floyd Cramer.

ALL MY LOVING (Lennon/McCartney)
By The Hollyridge Strings (Capitol/EMI: 1964) US #93 Pop

AXEL F (Faltermeyer) from the film “Beverly Hills Cop”
By Harold Faltermeyer (MCA/Universal: 1985)US #3 Pop, #13 R&B, #1 AC, UK #2

BABY ELEPHANT WALK (Mancini) from the film “Hatari”
By Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra (Dot/Universal: 1962) US #10 AC

BLACK AND TAN FANTASY (Ellington/Miley)
By Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra (Victor/Sony BMG: 1928) US #15 Pop

BORN FREE (Barry/Black) from the movie “Born Free”
By Roger Williams (Kapp/Universal: 1966) US #7 Pop, #1 AC

BUBBLES IN THE WINE (Calame/Loesser/Welk)
- the opening theme of Lawrence Welk’s long-running TV show
By Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra (Vocalion/Sony BMG: 1939) US #13 Pop

CARAVAN (Ellington/Tizol)
By Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra (Brunswick/Sony BMG: 1937) US #4 Pop
By Santo & Johnny (Canadian American: 1960) US #48 Pop
By Duane Eddy & The Rebels (Jamie: 1961) UK #42
By Bert Kaempfert & His Orchestra (Decca/Universal: 1968) US #10 AC

EASYVILLE (Bernal/Leiber/Stoller)
By Gil Bernal (Spark/L&SP: 1953)

FREE WHEELIN’ (Thornton)
By Bachman-Turner Overdrive (Mercury/Universal: 1974)

GOLDFINGER (Barry/Bricusse/Newley) from “Goldfinger”
By John Barry & His Orchestra (United Artists/EMI: 1965) US #15 AC
By Billy Strange & His Orchestra (GNP Crescendo: 1965) US #55 Pop. #10 AC
By Jack LaForge, His Piano & Orchestra (Regina: 1965) US #96 Pop, #22 AC

A HARD DAY’S NIGHT (Lennon/McCartney)
By The Ramsey Lewis Trio (Cadet/Universal: 1966) US #29 R&B, #29 Pop, #10 AC

HOT PEPPER (Cramer)
By Floyd Cramer (RCA/Sony BMG: 1962) US #63 Pop, UK #46

JAVA (Toussaint/Tyler/Friday/Shack)
By Al Hirt (RCA/Sony BMG: 1964) US #4 Pop, #1 AC
By Floyd Cramer (RCA/Sony BMG: 1963) US #49 Pop, #12 AC

LAST DATE (Cramer)
By Floyd Cramer (RCA/Sony BMG: 1960) US #2 Pop, #11 Country (in ’61)

LIKE YOUNG (Andre Previn)
By Andre Previn & David Rose (MGM/Universal: 1959) US #46 Pop

LIMBO ROCK (Sheldon/Strange)
By The Champs (Challenge/Masters International: 1962) US #40 Pop

LONELY BALLERINA (Lambrecht/Carr)
By Mantovani & His Orchestra (UK Decca/Universal: 1955) UK #16 Pop

LOVE THEME FROM ROMEO AND JULIET (Rota)
By Henry Mancini & His Orchestra (RCA/Sony BMG: 1969) US #1 Pop, #1 AC

LOVE THEME FROM THE GODFATHER (Rota)
By Ferrante & Teicher (United Artists/EMI: 1972) US #28 AC
By Carlo Savina & His Orchestra (Paramount/Universal: 1972) US #24 AC

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (Shifrin) from the TV show & movies
By Lalo Schifrin & His Orchestra (Dot/Universal: 1968) US #41 Pop, #7 AC
By Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen (Mother: 1996) UK #7

MOOD INDIGO (Ellington/Bigard/Mills)
By Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra (Victor/Sony BMG: 1931) US #3 Pop

MOTEN SWING (Moten/Moten)
By Count Basie & His Orchestra (Roulette/EMI: 1958)

MUSIC MAKERS (James/Raye)
By Harry James & His Orchestra (Columbia/Sony BMG: 1941) US #9 Pop

ON THE REBOUND (Cramer)
By Floyd Cramer (RCA/Sony BMG: 1961) US #4 Pop, UK #1

SPANISH HARLEM (Leiber/Spector)
By King Curtis (Atco/WMG: 1965) US #13 AC

SOPHISTICATED LADY (Ellington/Parish/Mills)
By Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra (Brunswick/Sony BMG: 1933) US #3 Pop

SPOOKY (Buie/Cobb/Middlebrooks/Shapiro)
By Mike Sharpe (Liberty/EMI: 1967) US #57 Pop

STELLA BY STARLIGHT (Young/Washington)
from the movie “The Uninvited”
By Harry James & His Orchestra (Columbia/Sony BMG: 1947) US #21 Pop

SWEET DREAMS (Gibson)
By Roy Buchanan (Polydor/Universal: 1972)

TANGERINE (Schertzinger/Mercer)
By Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster (Verve/Universal: 1957)

THEME FROM BORSALINO (Bolling)
By The Charles Randolph Grean Sounde (Ranwood/Welk Music Group: 1970) US #32 AC

THEME FROM LOVE STORY (Lai)
By Henry Mancini & His Orchestra (RCA/Sony BMG: 1971) US #13 Pop, #2 AC
By Francis Lai & His Orchestra (Paramount/Universal: 1971) US #31 Pop, #21 AC

THEME FROM STAR TREK (Rodenberry/Courage)
By The Charles Randolph Grean Sounde (Ranwood/Welk Music Group: 1975) US #8 AC
By Deodato (MCA/Universal: 1976) US #27 AC

THEME FROM VILLA RIDES (Jarre)
By Mantovani & His Orchestra (London/Universal: 1968) US #36 AC

THIS BOY (Lennon/McCartney) - aka RINGO’S THEME from “A Hard Day’s Night”
By George Martin & His Orchestra (United Artists/EMI: 1964) US #53 Pop

YAKETY AXE (Randolph/Rich)
By Chet Atkins (RCA/Sony BMG: 1965) US #4 Country

YAKETY SAX* (Randolph/Rich)
By Boots Randolph (Monument/Sony BMG: 1963) US #35 Pop

X-TEMPORANEOUS BOOGIE (Howard)
By Camille Howard & Her Trio (Specialty/Concord: 1948) US #7 R&B

I don't know, Jermaine, but one of the things that stuck out to me on the Ebony interview is what Jessie Jackson said about Michael...

it said he is devoted to his parents AND .. brothers and sisters...

that said alot to me about his character

Very true, and I actually believe that Mj was planning to go on tour with his brothers again. The American public especially older J5/Jacksons fans deserve to see the brothers again. Sometimes Mj fans seem to forget that there is another group of fans out there that are Jackson fans and do want to see the brothers tour again. I too would like to see that. They were called the black beatles in their hayday and were loved by the entire world and people want to see them unite and tour one last time. Michael, himself said, 'He started with his brothers and he will end with them". I believe he meant it. Go Michael, go join your brothers. This is how it was meant to be.:D

Why not?

I'm not discrediting Jermaine. I just don't believe that this is a done deal for the exact reasons you say -- it hasn't happened and yet there has been talk about the desire for it to happen. This has been going on for 20 years now. If I'm reading MJ's responses to the questions in Ebony correctly, touring is not going to be a mainstay of his future -- with his own work, let alone J-5 stuff. That is not to say that a reunion is out of the question, but this always seems to come up when MJ is working on his own stuff.

Further, it would be more certain if all of the brothers announce it after the ink is dry on a contract deal.

Until then, I don't hold my breath.

I think what Jermaine is doing.. is creating a buzz... to see how the public feels.. sometimes.. this is done.. in order to convince a promoter.. if an act is still viable

I'd of course classify the reunion story as a total rumor yet, although both Tito and Latoya have also commented on the possibility in the past year.

Tito Jackson - December 2006 (Heart Radio)

Tito: A family reunion tour is long over due and it would be a very great thing to do but it’s still a rumor right now. If we get enough people to scream about it, it can become a reality.

Latoya Jackson - May 2007 (EXTRA)

Reporter: Will we ever see Janet and Michael together, on tour?

Latoya: I don't want to spill the beans too much, but there's a strong, strong, strong possibility. The whole family, possibly.

Reporter: The whole family? A Jackson tour again?

Latoya: Possibly, yes.

Last edited:

hey, thanks to Mjeurope.. for this information;

BBC Radio 2 Marks 25 Years of Thriller
First Published Friday November 23 2007

In December 1982, Michael Jackson was at his creative peak, Quincy Jones was music's most powerful producer and MTV was looking for a figurehead to champion music videos.

They all came together to create an audio-visual phenomenon and the highest-selling album in history.

25 years later Trevor Nelson tells the story of Thriller in Thriller – Michael Jackson's Masterpiece and reveals how how it created the world's biggest superstar and how it all nearly fell apart.

This programme features all nine album tracks and exclusive interviews with Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton (who wrote the title track), former CBS President Walter Yetnikoff, MTV founder Bob Pittman, guitarist Steve Lukather, keyboardist Greg Phillianganes and original "moonwalker" Jeffrey Daniel.

Saturday 1 December, 8.00pm BBC RADIO 2

http://www.myentertainmentnews.co.uk/story...article_id=1378

I love all these anniversary tributes to the album "Thriller". Not too many albums (Sgt. Pepper's, What's Going On, The Wall, etc.) impacted the world the way "Thriller" did.

Well, as far as what Jermaine is saying about MJ joining the brothers for a Jackson's reunion tour, to that I say, 'where have I heard that before...'

Anyhoo.....I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I won't be holding my breath!

LJ i just posted in here to support your thread making you owe me one.

GO Jacksons!

:rolleyes:

:(

:rofl: I always seem to be owing you one where's my can of spam?
taz%5B1%5D.gif

and even though I think this is yet another "Jackson Tour" rumour if it turns out to be true... well then I'll take it!! :D

Well i don,t know how true it is but i know one thing it will be know J5 reunion without Michael so i,m hoping .:eek:

Last edited:

Thanks for all the news!

I didn't believe jermaine then and I still don't believe him now as always he's all talk and no action the only thing I do believe is MJ coming out with another solo album.

Back