Janet's New Album Coming Out Next February [NEW SINGLE 12.15.2007!!]

andythemisfit

Proud Member
New Janet Jackson Album Due In February

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003677876
jackson_janet_04l.gif
Janet Jackson
spacer.gif
November 27, 2007, 11:05 AM ET
spacer.gif

Borys Kit, The Hollywood Reporter
Janet Jackson's as-yet-untitled debut album for Island Def Jam will be released in February. The artist is also prepping a worldwide tour to promote the follow-up to 2006's "20 Y.O." In addition, Jackson has signed with the William Morris Agency for representation in all areas.

Jackson comes to the company after a starring role in Tyler Perry's hit "Why Did I Get Married?" She will be repped by a team of agents led by Dave Wirtschafter and Charles King that will run across multiple divisions of the agency, including film, touring, licensing and merchandising, television, theater, publishing and new technology.

Jackson said she was attracted to the agency because of its long history. She continues to be repped by managers Johnny Wright and Kenneth Crear as well as attorney Don Passman.

As for Jackson's new album, it is being executive produced by Def Jam CEO Antonio "L.A." Reid rather than Jackson's boyfriend, Island Urban president Jermaine Dupri.

Re: Janet's New Album Coming Out Next February

I'm really happy for her..

it makes me sad for myself though. lol!! Cuz I knew about MJ's next album before she finished her LAST album, now she'll release another.. It reminds me how long we've been waiting for Mikes album.

Janet is like the energizer bunny. She just keeps going and going and going and... :D
This time, I think she'll have a game plan that'll work. :yes:

i don't expect much and i think this might be almost her last album for a while. I mean she wants to really get into more acting. ain't alot of music left in her. the next album will get her into the rock and roll hall of fame or some kind of tie in for the next one IMO. but I just don't expect much musically from her at this stage.

Hmmm, interesting you mention the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... but I don't know. I just hope (and I'm speaking as a fan) that she has the heart to give it to 'em again. I have faith she will. :)

I liked her last album, but J. Dupree's input I don't feel.. This album (NOT SURE) but I'm guessing it will have a MORE Dupree sound.. I'm excepting it.. :( lol! But I hope her NEXT album, she'll get back to her roots.

I think this is great news :) But I hope for her sake she finds great success with this album than her last. Her last one wasnt all that great, IMO. And I hope Mikey doesnt spoil her joy with his Smash back into the spotlight, lol.

Janets last album was her first album in SO LONG that did not hit #1.. It got to #2 and twindle down.

I think this is great news :) But I hope for her sake she finds great success with this album than her last. Her last one wasnt all that great, IMO. And I hope Mikey doesnt spoil her joy with his Smash back into the spotlight, lol.

You should know Mike better than that. ;) He won't dare put his album release at the same time as his sister's.

^^Thats why I do. I put 'lol' at the end, haha.

i don't expect much and i think this might be almost her last album for a while. I mean she wants to really get into more acting. ain't alot of music left in her. the next album will get her into the rock and roll hall of fame or some kind of tie in for the next one IMO. but I just don't expect much musically from her at this stage.

I have to agree on this one...

Ya, with Invincible they compaired Janets album.. Talked about Janet WHIPPED Michael etc..

I think this is good news- sounds like she's taking control of what she wants with her album promotion. I imagine that Janet will never run out of music to do :) .. I loved her last album and still play it a lot. I rotate on which songs I like best so it's never old.

As for Jackson's new album, it is being executive produced by Def Jam CEO Antonio "L.A." Reid rather than Jackson's boyfriend, Island Urban president Jermaine Dupri.

Amen! And she's not the only Jackson that should look to L.A. but in a co-executive role.

I'm really happy for her..

it makes me sad for myself though. lol!! Cuz I knew about MJ's next album before she finished her LAST album, now she'll release another.. It reminds me how long we've been waiting for Mikes album.

Tell me about it. This is the longest the fandom has gone between albums. Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything, just the way it is. All good things come to those who wait.

As for Janet's age I wanted to add something. She's 40, woo. Madonna had some of her biggest success at that age and even won her first Grammy. Just sing Ms. Jackson, sing sing sing.

-D

Unusual for them to both release in the same year. The plot thickens.

Last edited:

New Janet's single will be out this Saturday, December 15th!!! :eek::woohoo:

from Janet's friends forum:

Hello,everyone.
This is shino from Japan.

Now, Universal Music Japan has the website for Janet new relase.
And it says the new single will be available on the net from this Saturday, 15th of December.

Please check this!
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/janet_jackson/index.html

top.gif

aw, that's cool. Cant wait to hear!

Feed back huh? Interesting...I'll sure be giving mine, lol.

Janet - Feedback (produced by rodney jerkins)
link removed: DO NOT SHARE copyrighted material, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkchild's moving down the line of jacksons huh...lol

Amen! And she's not the only Jackson that should look to L.A. but in a co-executive role.

Tell me about it. This is the longest the fandom has gone between albums. Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything, just the way it is. All good things come to those who wait.

As for Janet's age I wanted to add something. She's 40, woo. Madonna had some of her biggest success at that age and even won her first Grammy. Just sing Ms. Jackson, sing sing sing.

-D

You have to consider everything that happened to Michael. 2003 through now doesn't really count as time in between albums, because of what happened to him and the recovery time involved.

Back