Daily Trivia

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Thought we'd get a little trivia thread going to see how much MJ knowledge is hiding out there :p

Not sure how hard this may or may not be (taking bets on how long till it's solved :lol: )

Who was the Jackson Five's hit song "I Want You Back" originally written for?

First was written for Gladys Knight and the Pips, then was planned to be given to Diana Ross..

Finally 2 tracks were talked about for giving to the Jackson 5. 1) I Want You Back 2) I Wanna Be Free.. They kept 'I Want You Back' because they thought it would be too over the top for a 9 year old (REALLY 11 ;) ) to sing a song about dropping a lover..

Cool, smart ones up in here :lol:

Ok, twist it a little bit what Donny Osmond song was written for the Jackson Five? (LJ came up with this one B) )

Cool, smart ones up in here :lol:

Ok, twist it a little bit what Donny Osmond song was written for the Jackson Five? (LJ came up with this one B) )

"One Bad Apple"???

Damn know it alls! :lol:

yeah Ben was penned for Donny but MJ ended up with it and One Bad Apple was penned for the J5 but The Osmonds sang that in the end.

Wow Shannon these guys are too good :eek:

Wow, ya'll are quick. One Bad Apple was the one I was thinking though yeah Ben too lol.

Ok lets see how long this one lasts - who taught Michael Jackson to draw?:)

Okay, I'll play again - lol - Diana Ross?

:lol: Awesome your right.

Let's see - Does everyone know who came up with the name Captain EO?

taz%5B1%5D.gif
you can't guess 3 names at once! that's cheating! :rofl:

Well Shannon is she a 3rd right? :p

Well, I guess she's right lmao it's George :p

Ok, What part of "The Wiz" is Michael especially fond of?

I think you may have us this time. Is it where he get's off that thing thats holding him and his legs won't hold him up? I want one more go after this :lol:

What about the scene where he and the others were on the handle bars for Flying Monkeys' motorcycles? It looked like a lot of fun!

Cool, I'm glad you like it. Keep checking back the questions change frequently since we have such MJ smart members ;) Let's see if the hint helps anyone :)

Ok this is a tough one and it's 2.35am here so I'm going to bed now and when I get up I'm going to watch it and see if I can find the answer, don't nobody get it right while I'm gone :lol:

Okay....it has to do with his girl...hmmmmm...let's see.

The part where she's singing at the end about going home?

I'm saying that, because it always makes me cry. I love that part. Buuuuuut, that doesn't mean it's the part that Mike's fond of.

Still, that's the answer I'm gonna go with.

*pressing buzzer*

^_^ Good try but nope. LOL I'll give it a little longer before I post the answer :D

That's not it either? Ooooo MOLDED!! :lol:

Last edited:
ok, I got ya'll with that one :p Here's the answer in a quote from Michael...

"I still enjoy seeing The Wiz and reliving the experience. I am especially fond of the scene where Diana asks, "What am I afraid of? Don't know what I'm made of..." because I've felt that way many times, even during the good moments of my life. She sings about overcoming fear and walking straight and tall. She knows and the audience knows that no threat of danger can hold her back."

AllForMJ, that wasn't the one you were talking about right? This part is in the begining I think. LMAO - goes and pulls out The Wiz to watch. Will feel really stupid if it's not lol.

Next question since The Wiz tripped you up I'll pull another from that chapter of MJ's life :lol:

During the filming of The Wiz how did Michael embarass Diana Ross?

Last edited:
I watched the film today and I would have said that towards the end scarecrow, lion and tin man said 'now they would never get a brain, a heart or courage' and Diana said but you had them all along, you just have to believe in yourself. I would have been wrong again :lol: Thanks for the answer Shannon, I like that one better.

Now I have another question to think about hmmmm.

I don't know anything about the WIZ, can we get to another category after this? :lol: I only watched that movie once or twice.... I don't really like it. I just like the scarecrow part really, where MJ sings.

Back