Alicia Keys' new album

SmoothCollins

Proud Member
My favorite songs are "Like You'll Never See Me Again", "Wreckless Love", and "Go Ahead".

What do you guys think? :)

Did you catch the MJ verse in Wreckless Love?

True it is kinda slow :p ... I've pretty much just been listening to my favorite songs over and over :p .

"I want that wreckless love- that craaazy love... that OFF THE WALL, WON'T STOP 'TIL I GET ENOUGH kind of love!" :D

she sucks and musically is tired. I love that Bootay and then thighs,but musically she is sleepy time and thanks to Clive Davis just plays Name that tune with her so called songs which aren't Original at all. her voice also be hurting my ears. i still ain't heard one original song from her yet.

Just cuz someone says it, doesn't make it the truth :)

I find Alicia's music original- how can it not be? Her music is so much like herself, and she's a unique and great person.

Last edited:
I don't like that "No One'' song.. I don't know if I'll like her new album. I will wait till there are more singles released.

I don't like that "No One'' song.. I don't know if I'll like her new album. I will wait till there are more singles released.

Darv, you need to hear "Wreckless Love" for the MJ mention. :D Send me a pm if you want a preview B) .

"No One" is done in a unique vocal style. The rest of the album is more relaxed.

I think the strained vocals sounds great for "No One", but I'm glad she didn't do it for the entire album.

IMO, in my opinion, she's one of the best singers and most talented artists today. Love her voice, her passion, her heart, her strength, and most of all her social commitment to humanitarian causes. She's a great artist that doesn't need to show off her body and shake her ass in order to be recognized, unlike most other female artists. I really like most of her songs.

I really like her new single... although I prefer the drums of the video version. The drums on the radio version that I heard seem different.

Alicia key is the best that the music biz has to offer right now. It's like half of her album is HOT and the other half is not. The hot part being worth buying it tho'. "Wreckless love" I think is the best on the album or close to. I want to get the album but I'm broke, but I did hear the whole album on the internet.

I'm tired of "no one" tho'.-_-

I don't have her new CD and I'm not sure if I wanna get it.
Usually, I would buy it just because, but the single 'NO ONE" is driving me crazy! Lol!
And it's literally effecting my decision to buy or not.
I mean, I love Alicia Keys but I need to hear more of this CD first.
I'm thinking 'bout the new MJB tho. :p

I have only heard her single.. The album is probably good though, but IDK.. she's a good artist

Alicia key is the best that the music biz has to offer right now. It's like half of her album is HOT and the other half is not. The hot part being worth buying it tho'. "Wreckless love" I think is the best on the album or close to. I want to get the album but I'm broke, but I did hear the whole album on the internet.

I'm tired of "no one" tho'.-_-
I must say that I was WRONG! Alicia is the truth! That Album is AMAZING. You know how you hear an album once and then the next time you hear it, it don't sound like what you hear before. Well that's what happen to me. Its only like 3 ok songs on the album and even those are decent and good enough to listen too. But the rest are on fire, even the slow ones. That album speaks and has so much quality, meaning, and substance and to top it off it sounds sooooooo good. This album better win awards. The thing is licia didn't release the right one. 'No one" shouldn't have been released. There are too many other great one to have released then that one. But if you are thinking on whether or not to buy this album I say BUY IT! IT's nothing shorter than amazing. If ppl don't like this album they don't like real music. This album made me have mad respect for alicia and when she tours or if she tours I will try my hardest to go to a concert.

DON'T BURN IT BUY IT!

Alicia Key's is good by today's standards. Compared to today's other acts, she seems like a goddess, which only tells you how lame the acts today are, because Alicia is talented, but she ain't a goddess, lol.

IMO, in my opinion, she's one of the best singers and most talented artists today. Love her voice, her passion, her heart, her strength, and most of all her social commitment to humanitarian causes. She's a great artist that doesn't need to show off her body and shake her ass in order to be recognized, unlike most other female artists. I really like most of her songs.

Totally agree! Alicia Rocks man!!!! :)

Alicia Key's is good by today's standards. Compared to today's other acts, she seems like a goddess, which only tells you how lame the acts today are, because Alicia is talented, but she ain't a goddess, lol.
she has some talent,but not no multi Grammy and Mult Platinum and all this hype type of talent IMO. I'd hit it though and likes her especially on Mute.

I have the album I love it! :wub: it might not be as good as her other 2,but I still like it alot ^_^ my faves are No one,Teenage love affair,and Like you'll never see me again. :cool:

I have her new album and I love it. Alicia is one of the very few artists of today that I like. Some of my favorites are Like You'll Never See Me Again, Lesson Learned, The Thing About Love, and I Need You.

As much as I love Alicia, "originality" is not one of her strength. She is very good at copying other artists and adding her own flavor. If you listen to her albums, you find so many songs clearly "inspired" by MJ, Prince, Stevie, Lionel and so many more. But that's where she is more talented than other people. She can copy so many different artists instead of one or two, and still make them sound like her own music.

I like the album except superwoman that song just drives me nuts and that one about being in highschool the rest of the album is pretty good though.

Her album is amazing! i dont think it got the credit that it deserved because that album has alot of soul and heart in it and alot of ppl cant dig that or arent into it. Teenage love affair is such a Jackson 5 song. listen to it and put lil mikes voice in there, they are in the same key! its sick, its got the same tempo, and lick to it as a jackson 5 song would have. anyway the album is in my top 5 for 2007, alcia keys has got talent thats beyond what people are ready for, she has got what music really is!

she sucks and musically is tired. I love that Bootay and then thighs,but musically she is sleepy time and thanks to Clive Davis just plays Name that tune with her so called songs which aren't Original at all. her voice also be hurting my ears. i still ain't heard one original song from her yet.

Damn, dude, you are a hater. She is one of the best R&B acts right now. Besides Mary, A-Keys is doing the damn thing. Yeah, you love her body alright. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I love her and I have her CD on my ipod shuffle. I have to agree with mello1 and another poster who said that her cd is kinda slow. I was hoping her CD would be more like her previous one that she released in 2003. I am currently listening to "Where Do We Go From Here". I was kinda hoping her CD would be much better.

I like "No One", "Teenager Love Affair", and that one song where she was singing about a man that cheated on her. I forget the title. I was just listening to that song minutes ago. LOL.

Damn, dude, you are a hater. She is one of the best R&B acts right now. Besides Mary, A-Keys is doing the damn thing. Yeah, you love her body alright. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I love her and I have her CD on my ipod shuffle. I have to agree with mello1 and another poster who said that her cd is kinda slow. I was hoping her CD would be more like her previous one that she released in 2003. I am currently listening to "Where Do We Go From Here". I was kinda hoping her CD would be much better.

I like "No One", "Teenager Love Affair", and that one song where she was singing about a man that cheated on her. I forget the title. I was just listening to that song minutes ago. LOL.
i will stay hating. she ain't that deep. good Pr and the right middle of songs and the cross over look.

nothing original at all and i find her boring. she is sleepy time.

flimsy album, by her standards i think. i hope she can get back on track because her previous efforts deserved all the hype and recognition it got her. and looking at who's she's competing with in the overly bastardized pop world of today, she's a fine ambassador for keeping the soul and melodies alive.

to be real, she's no Erykah Badu et al but considering her stance in the music biz, i say thank goodness for Ms. Keys.

Alicia's album is wonderful!!! I love her!!! Mike should record a song with her!! That would be really awesome!! Did you hear her version of HUman Nature? It's somewhere on youtube!

yeah i was thinking of getting it but wanted more feedback on it...i want hers and mary j bliges' new album...but with xmas shopping and such, i gotta pay some bills first lol!

I have this album, i like few of the song like no one, Like You'll Never See Me Again", "Wreckless Love.

Back