5th December, 2007 Michael Jackson News and Mentionings

L.J

Proud Member
Hi Hi :D

Keep checking for more news :)

Michael Jackson News:

News is still circulating around the Jackson family tour rumors as well as Michael's recent shopping adventure:

*Michael Jackson was reportedly rolling around Los Angeles on Friday in a hybrid vehicle. According to TMZ,
the King of Pop went shopping at the Sharper Image in Beverly Hills in a chauffeur-driven Prius.

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur38987.cfm

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

What the singer does have, however, is an astonishingly versatile voice. He employed a Prince-like falsetto on The Sun and a furious funk wail on Can’t Stop and delivered the soulful Secret like Michael Jackson in his prime, at least until it segued pointlessly into Phil Collins’s In The Air Tonight.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co...ainment/music/live_reviews/article3000072.ece

POLE dancers turned heads and bodies in a bid to break a record.

Seven dancers from the Manchester club Poletastic took part at the Sunshine Studios in Newton Street.

They joined about 500 men and women across the world in the Fitness Pole Dance world record attempt.

At 4pm on Sunday they all danced for 10 minutes to the beat of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1026959_pole_dancers_record_bid

Michael Jackson HIStory:

2002 - A Santa Maria, CA, judge ordered Michael Jackson to undergo a medical examination after he failed to show up for court due to a spider bite.

- A spokesperson for Epic Records said "there's no chance that "One More Chance" will be released by Epic Records." The video was planned to debut on a CBS special on Michael Jackson. The show was indefinitely delayed after a child molestation accusation was made public against Jackson in November 2003.

Last edited:
Zac Efron Named "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007

Actor Zac Efron (High School Musical, Hairspray) has been named the "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007 by ContactAnyCelebrity.com, a research firm based in West Hollywood, CA that provides celebrity contact information to fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media. Michael Jackson is #2 followed by Miley Cyrus, Oprah Winfrey, Emma Watson, Avril Lavigne, John Cena, Chris Brown, Angelina Jolie and Enrique Iglesias.

West Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) December 5, 2007 -- Zac Efron is The "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007 according to ContactAnyCelebrity.com, a research firm based in West Hollywood, California that provides celebrity contact information to fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media.

The Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 are the "most wanted" for autographs, donations, endorsements and media requests from fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media out of ContactAnyCelebrity.com's list of over 54,565 celebrities worldwide.

"Even with his less-than-stellar image, Michael Jackson is #2 and would probably be #1 if it weren't for Zac Efron's immense popularity this year with his roles in "High School Musical," "High School Musical 2" and "Hairspray," says Jordan McAuley, Contact Any Celebrity's Founder and President. "Interestingly, the public wants to get in touch with Michael Jackson more than any other star except Zac Efron which is probably temporary -- we'll have to wait and see."

Most of the searches on ContactAnyCelebrity.com come from fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media. They want to contact celebrities for autographed photos, charitable donations, product endorsements and media requests.

Here is ContactAnyCelebrity.com's list of the Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007:

1. Zac Efron (Actor)
2. Michael Jackson (Musician)
3. Miley Cyrus (Actress & Musician)
4. Oprah Winfrey (Talk Show Host & Philanthropist)
5. Emma Watson (Actress)
6. Avril Lavigne (Musician)
7. John Cena (Wrestler)
8. Chris Brown (Musician)
9. Angelina Jolie (Actress & Philanthropist)
10. Enrique Iglesias (Musician)

The Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 is compiled from two sources: searches on ContactAnyCelebrity.com's public and private online database (http://www.contactanycelebrity.com/database/) plus clicks on the company's Google AdWords listings displayed on Google and across the Web.

A list of the Top 100 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 is available at http://www.contactanycelebrity.com/top100/

Contact Any Celebrity's online database contains the best mailing address, agent, manager, publicist, production company, and charitable cause for over 54,565 celebrities worldwide.

###
http://www.prweb.com/printer.php?prid=574440

Last edited:
thank you.. I like how articles sometimes are POLITCALLY correct. lol! Even though we SAW the video, and pics, to PROVE he was there, the article still says. "Reportedly" and "According to.." lol!

Wow, Mike may not rule as much in the eyes of mainstream tv and print media, but he sure is King where it really counts these days......on the web!

Just one other reason why the media hates the internet so much. They can't control it.

Isn't it fantastic how a man who has been around the business for over 30 years could have such a high ranking?

It is times like this that I start to sing to the media "you can't believe it. You can't conceive it. But you cant touch me cause I'm untouchable... You can't stand because I'm un-break-able!"

:) Yep after all these years the man has still got it! B)

Hurry Michael we want you back! :p

Thanks for posting.

"Even with his less-than-stellar image, Michael Jackson is #2 and would probably be #1 if it weren't for Zac Efron's immense popularity this year with his roles in "High School Musical," "High School Musical 2" and "Hairspray," says Jordan McAuley, Contact Any Celebrity's Founder and President. "Interestingly, the public wants to get in touch with Michael Jackson more than any other star except Zac Efron which is probably temporary -- we'll have to wait and see."

And they call this man a has been? After everything he has been through, this man is still popular. :D People STILL wanna contact this guy. Amazing! Just amazing. MJ did almost close to nothing this year but manages to be number 2 in this list. That is something else. MJ was above that hack Oprah and that annoying but good role model to the kids, Hannah Montana aka Miley Cyrus. Congrats, Mike. Hahahahah at the pathetic media: your plan to destroy MJ bombed in your faces like that Britney Spear "album" Blackout!

:D

http://www.slate.com/id/2179275/
How Thriller Changed Pop MusicPlus: Emo-Semitism, Richard Hawley, and Pimp C.

By Jody Rosen
Posted Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2007, at 4:00 PM ET
Michael Jackson's Thriller arrived in record stores 25 years ago this past week. The milestone will officially be celebrated in February with a 25th anniversary edition of the album, featuring unreleased tracks, DVD goodies (including Jackson's amazing performance of "Billie Jean" on the Motown 25 television special), and remixes by Kanye West and will.i.am, among others. In the meantime, Jackson has resurfaced in an exclusive Ebony magazine interview—looking more ivory than ebony in the cover photo—where he waxes grandiose about his famous album. Who could blame him for bragging? From the distance of a quarter-century, the release of Thriller looks like … the most significant event in popular-music history in the past quarter-century. It is the record that ended commercial pop radio's de facto apartheid, that ushered in the modern music-video era, that turned a former kiddie star into a new generation's equivalent of Elvis and the Beatles. Thriller sold 40 million copies during its initial run, and today the worldwide sales stand at 104 million. Those numbers may well represent the last great moment of pop consensus. At a time of intense musical fragmentation, it is charming to remember a record that seduced seemingly everyone: blacks, whites, grade-schoolers, grandparents. Even metalheads found their thrill on Track 5.
Today, we know Thriller so well that it is hard to hear it—to remember, for instance, the mind-bending novelty of hearing Eddie Van Halen shredding on a Michael Jackson hit. But the album's seductiveness masks its deep eccentricity. Consider "Billie Jean." The sound is a world away from the lush, beatific disco of Jackson's previous album Off The Wall (1979)—eerily stark, with that cat-on-the-prowl bass figure, cracking downbeat and multi-tracked vocals ricocheting in the vast spaces between keyboards and strings. Jackson and producer Quincy Jones sought, and got, weirdness. Jackson sang vocal overdubs through a six-foot-long cardboard tube; jazz saxophonist Tom Scott was brought in to play the lyricon, a wind-controlled analog synthesizer whose sour, trumpetlike lines answer Jackson's hiccups and "hee-hee"s. And then there's the lyric, a paternity-suit drama; a stew of shame, paranoia, and sexual terror; a parable about celebrity stalking. (Check out the creepy gumshoe who follows Jackson around in the "Billie Jean" video.) The darkness of "Billie Jean" is typical of the album. Forget the goofy B-movie title track and cock an ear to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," a horror show disguised as a dance anthem: "It's too high to get over/ Too low to get under/ You're stuck in the middle/ And the pain is thunder/ You're a vegetable/ Still they hate you .../ You're just a buffet/ They eat off of you." Jackson wrote the words and music to that song, and to "Billie Jean," "Beat It," and the lovely, dopey Paul McCartney duet "The Girl Is Mine"—a reminder that in his prime, the "King of Pop" was also one of pop's greatest auteurs.

Thanks for the news mentionings and yes the net has done wonders in elevating Mike's profile in the best way.

Michael's so famous, he's as famous now as he was in 1984, and he always will be. He's as relivent today as he was back then and he always will be. He changed the standards, he IS the standard, and everyone knows it. I was thinking today about Michael's music, the songs he wrote, and I again realized, what makes it so special is, it doesn't sound like anything else. No matter what decade it was written in or in which time it was performed, it never mimicked or emulated the sound of the day, it never fell in to the pattern of the popular sound of the day, it always had its own, unique feel and atmosphere. Maybe he used snyths, maybe he used whatever instruments were popular at the time, but the way he organized and placed the cords, the rhythm, the melody, the percussion and vocal sections, the ideas he had for lyrical content, just what he composed and the over all direction, made it sound utterly unlike anything before or since, gave it emotive quality totally different from other music of the era. Talk about ahead of your time. You can't really catogorize it, its not pop, its not funk, its not blues, its not jazz, its not rock, you can't put it in a box, its just Michael's sound, its what he created and continues to create. It just doesn't sound like anything else I've ever heard, that's the mark of a great composition and if you're able to achieve that, then you're a musical genius, and practically everything Michael's ever written has achieved that.

Last edited:
He was more accepted in the 80's but he's more famous now..

Now with online capability all over the world.. He's more of a house hold name than ever.. Yes he was always known around the world.. But now it is EVEN MORE..

U know with youtube, myspace, and all the other online accesses, it will INSURE huge album sales for Michael when it comes out..

Yes the fans have been great in getting the message out to the
general public. who needs the media :LOL: .. We have been by -
passing them for yrs -and even more since MJ's trial where they
railroaded him.

We have the POWER .. to do that now with the WWW
Im proud of the fans who speak up and defend Michael
every where on the Internet .. with positive messages !
that is being a good Ambassador for the KING .. :)
alwasy remember WE represent Michael to the world
in the things we say and do on the Internet.

Last edited:
Michael's so famous, he's as famous now as he was in 1984, and he always will be. He's as relivent today as he was back then and he always will be. He changed the standards, he IS the standard, and everyone knows it. I was thinking today about Michael's music, the songs he wrote, and I again realized, what makes it so special is, it doesn't sound like anything else. No matter what decade it was written in or in which time it was performed, it never mimicked or emulated the sound of the day, it never fell in to the pattern of the popular sound of the day, it always had its own, unique feel and atmosphere. Maybe he used snyths, maybe he used whatever instruments were popular at the time, but the way he organized and placed the cords, the rhythm, the melody, the percussion and vocal sections, the ideas he had for lyrical content, just what he composed and the over all direction, made it sound utterly unlike anything before or since, gave it emotive quality totally different from other music of the era. Talk about ahead of your time. You can't really catogorize it, its not pop, its not funk, its not blues, its not jazz, its not rock, you can't put it in a box, its just Michael's sound, its what he created and continues to create. It just doesn't sound like anything else I've ever heard, that's the mark of a great composition and if you're able to achieve that, then you're a musical genius, and practically everything Michael's ever written has achieved that.
ExxxxxACTLY!!
:clap:

And the souls around the globe gravitate to it.

The sound of his music, his unique voice, combined with his lyrics and the beauty of his personality just makes people eat IT UP!!! LOL.

He's like the chef of all chefs, and his music has flava on top of flava! It's got people coming back for seconds, thirds, fourths, fifth....it just doesn't stop. Mike's probably like, "Dang! Don't y'all eva get full?!" :lol:

For real AllforMJ, lol. Great analogy.

By the way, I know none of ya'll ever go to the downloads section. But I'm sure you should ALL be aware that there is a 42 second clip of Michael singing "Lisa Its Your Birthday" there. He sounds sickeningly good. I'm almost died listening to it.

He gotcha, huh? That man can even tear people up singing "happy birthday." :lol:

we are all very blessed for loving Michael Jackson. Our man is simply awesome!!! As I said in another thread, he cud simply be singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and still blow our minds off! what an amazing man..truly gifted!

http://mjdatabank.com/english_version/news/news_main_current.htm

Dec. 05-06th, 2007: New auction @ Christie's

mjdbnews917.jpg

Christie's had another Michael Jackson item for sale on nov. 30th.

The auction took place at the Rockfeller Plazza (New York)

Item description:

Michael Jackson - Elvis
initialled M.J., sketch in black ballpoint pen on a sheet of yellow legal paper. 8 x 11 in. (20.3 x 25.4 cm.)

This drawing was apparently executed by Jackson while he patiently waited for a limousine to pick him up.

Estimate: 400 - 600 U.S. dollars
Final price: 250 U.S. dollars

Christie's / MJ data bank

Last edited:
we are all very blessed for loving Michael Jackson. Our man is simply awesome!!! As I said in another thread, he cud simply be singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and still blow our minds off! what an amazing man..truly gifted!

Watch out there now. Don't give him any ideas. He'll go out there and record Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and next thing you know that song will be going platinum. :lol:

:huh:

Okay now, Mikey. We gotta sit down and have a talk, okay Boo Bear? Now you KNOW you're trippin' with this picture, right? :lol: I love you soooo much! If this is what you will draw while waiting for a limo, I wonder what you'll draw while waiting for a bus? LOL.

You know what, Mike? You should make a cartoon series with these characters that you've been drawing. I swear, I will tune in for every single episode. I love your imagination. :yes: Eeeeeven when you're trippin. :lol:

Zac Efron Named "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007

Actor Zac Efron (High School Musical, Hairspray) has been named the "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007 by ContactAnyCelebrity.com, a research firm based in West Hollywood, CA that provides celebrity contact information to fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media. Michael Jackson is #2 followed by Miley Cyrus, Oprah Winfrey, Emma Watson, Avril Lavigne, John Cena, Chris Brown, Angelina Jolie and Enrique Iglesias.

West Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) December 5, 2007 -- Zac Efron is The "Most Wanted" Celebrity of 2007 according to ContactAnyCelebrity.com, a research firm based in West Hollywood, California that provides celebrity contact information to fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media.

The Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 are the "most wanted" for autographs, donations, endorsements and media requests from fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media out of ContactAnyCelebrity.com's list of over 54,565 celebrities worldwide.

Most of the searches on ContactAnyCelebrity.com come from fans, businesses, nonprofits and the media. They want to contact celebrities for autographed photos, charitable donations, product endorsements and media requests.

Here is ContactAnyCelebrity.com's list of the Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007:

1. Zac Efron (Actor)
2. Michael Jackson (Musician)
3. Miley Cyrus (Actress & Musician)
4. Oprah Winfrey (Talk Show Host & Philanthropist)
5. Emma Watson (Actress)
6. Avril Lavigne (Musician)
7. John Cena (Wrestler)
8. Chris Brown (Musician)
9. Angelina Jolie (Actress & Philanthropist)
10. Enrique Iglesias (Musician)

The Top 10 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 is compiled from two sources: searches on ContactAnyCelebrity.com's public and private online database (http://www.contactanycelebrity.com/database/) plus clicks on the company's Google AdWords listings displayed on Google and across the Web.

A list of the Top 100 "Most Wanted" Celebrities of 2007 is available at http://www.contactanycelebrity.com/top100/

Contact Any Celebrity's online database contains the best mailing address, agent, manager, publicist, production company, and charitable cause for over 54,565 celebrities worldwide.

###
[URL="http://www.prweb.com/printer.php?prid=574440"]http://www.prweb.com/printer.php?prid=574440[/URL]

it's not surprising:p

Michael can draw. He's super artistic in every aspect, talk about talent, he can do almost anything. There's a few more pictures he's done that I have that don't get seen too often. Let me see if I can post them.

Last edited:
Back