What Are Your Wishes for Michael & His Music in 2008?

MsTenda

Guests
2008 is right around the corner, and I would like to know what are your hopes for Michael Jackson & his music? More than likely, MJ will be coming out with new material next year and I would like to know your vision for his music? What would you like to hear from him?

I would love to hear some throwback R&B music from MJ... Like he said, he likes GutBucket music so I want to hear Michael sing the blues ... :D I would also like to see a concept album from Michael ....

Ok, your turn! ;)

Not in specific order

1) Simply NEW great music
2) Large success in sales, awards, & recognition
3) enjoy seeing Mike on top
4) I want him to enjoy it
5) Be happy with what turns out with the album
6) Have fun being 50 :)
7) Being 50, and showing these young cats, the roar of a LION

a great new album
some great videos ( sorry short films) to go with singles
tv special ( for one nght only)
or a musical movie simler to moonwalker

My wish is Michael to create the music he wants and proceed with the things he wants to achieve further. When he is happy I'm happier!

Michael knows he has to go beyond his "A" game on this one so I don't want him to hold back anything (he has been known to do that, believe it or not). He will be putting his soul into this album because I know he wants it to "live" and it will. I want to see some extended short films that top even Thriller and Ghosts. I want all the known haters of the world to be drooling over his every move like he is a god and they can't get enough of him :rolleyes: just so he can ignore them and wipe his feet on them (so to speak cause we know Mike won't do nothing like that). That's only because God said he would make your enemies your footstool so that would be their rightful place.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

I'm hoping it will be mostly all of his own work, If it is, then it will have all the ingredients I could wish for. Yeah throwback R&B with some mixes would be welcome.

For starters, I would like to see him sell at least 3 mil copies of the new Thriller and finally get on top of the Eagles in the US.

Then....

-Sell at least 5 mill US/15 mill World of his new album

-See radio stations across the country playing his new music and running contests and stuff.

-Mike opening the Grammies with a show that peeps will be talking about for years to come.

-See Mike win some more Grammies and snatch a few from Justin.

-See some new videos with amazing dance choreo.

-An HBO or CBS performance/special promoting the album.

-A huge 50th birthday celebration for Michael put on by friends, family and peeps in the industry and hosted by some rapper....Kanye would be great.

-Mike and his brothers going on a world tour and performing for Super Bowl '09.

In other words, I want to see Michael rule in '08!

I want him to forget about sales, critics, wahts hip and cool, and other demands. Just create the music from his heart and soul. And release it.

Being 50, and showing these young cats, the roar of a LION

Same here. Just mainly BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE HEARD OF LICKS AND MELODIES...and lots of dance grooves. I'd just sigh in blissful sentiment...listening.

Oh wow, I would wish Michael all the happiness in the world and pray he continues to share himself with his fans throughout 2008. I want his music to captivate a new generation and take an older generation by storm. He has the ability to do so much. I just wanna sit back, watch and be a part of the magic all over again :)

My wishes for Michael and his music in 2008:

1) For the new special edition of Thriller to sell well so that the no. of records sold can be bumped up so that Michael can hold that achievement of the biggest selling album ever for years to come

2) A new single which you won't be able to go anywhere without singing it or listening to it and for people to really enjoy his new single

3) THE ALBUM to be what Michael is proud of and for it be an album that people will love and remember

4) For Michael to have an amazing 50th with his family and fans, so like a massive celebration for him where he can enjoy it-i'd love to see him perform on his 50th like the whole 30th anniversary thing but I would like him to enjoy celebrating it so as long as its fun and he enjoys it it's going to be fantastic

5) Short-films for songs from THE ALBUM that blow other artists music videos at the time out of the water-i'd love it to have a big premiere

6) For Michael to recieve an award which shows just how much he's done in his career and for people to have watched him receive it and be like "Did you see Michael Jackson get that award last night?"

7) A performance to promote THE ALBUM that people will be looking forward to seeing and be "OMG" about it after.

8) A concert where Michael performs songs from his album as well as some of his classics-ideally more than 1 so more people get a chance to see him

Yeah...so I'm not really wishing for much lol ;)

I want everything you guys mentioned, but most of all I just want him to get all the love & respect that he soooo deserves!!! This album is gonna be a killer, I can just feel it!

prayers and Peace to his family first of all.

musically either do that James Brown/Jackie Wilson album i know you got in you or a Unplugged. avoid all the trendy BS. you already been there and down that.

do that stage One more time.

For starters, I would like to see him sell at least 3 mil copies of the new Thriller and finally get on top of the Eagles in the US.

Then....

-Sell at least 5 mill US/15 mill World of his new album

-See radio stations across the country playing his new music and running contests and stuff.

-Mike opening the Grammies with a show that peeps will be talking about for years to come.

-See Mike win some more Grammies and snatch a few from Justin.

-See some new videos with amazing dance choreo.

-An HBO or CBS performance/special promoting the album.

-A huge 50th birthday celebration for Michael put on by friends, family and peeps in the industry and hosted by some rapper....Kanye would be great.

-Mike and his brothers going on a world tour and performing for Super Bowl '09.

In other words, I want to see Michael rule in '08!

That about sums it up on what i want as well :kickass:

musically either do that James Brown/Jackie Wilson album i know you got in you or a Unplugged. avoid all the trendy BS. you already been there and down that.

YES!!!! We all have great ideas of what we wish for Michael to do. But we'll see where he wants to go. But yes, I loved the stuff that you've said.

An unplugged album would be the ultimate, i hope someday he does it!

I think what I want most from Michael, or from the public I should say... to let them believe Michael is a true Legend. It's kind of like that question Oprah asked him before.. "What would you like to be known for now?"... I want the public to see the true genious Michael is. That he isn't a has-been, that he can do it even at the age of 50.

As for entertainment, I'd like some short films, a small tour, (especially in the United States at least)... and I want a BIG 50th Birthday Celebration for Michael. I think it would be cool to have a major broadcast of his birthday, people performing FOR him, etc.. and maybe he'll sing a song at the end of the show. I don't know... I'd also like to see him on the American Idol FINALE!

:)

I can't wait.

I just want him to feel fulfilled...like he's finally able to spread his wings...like that wall is finally gone.

I just want him to be able to do his thing the way he knows he can do it, because it's already known that he's good at what he does.

I just want him to be able to feel like he's no longer being hindered.

Let those that want to be known as the Does, and live their lives in hiding, crawl back into their holes and leave this man and the world alone. If they don't want to be known, then they need to stop doing things that are going to get them noticed. Plain and simple. What the hell is wrong with them and their need to play the "I don't want to get caught and be ashamed game?" It is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen anyone come up with. It's like they've been saying, "I'm going to do wrong, but I don't want anyone to know that I'm doing wrong, because I don't want to feel bad about doing wrong if someone finds out." What the hell is that mess?! That's the very type of stuff that they've been doing, and it's totally coo-coo. It's beyond weird. I hope they're done with that madness. They have been stressing out a massive number of people with that weird ****.

They've got some nerves trying to talk about Michael. In all the years that he's been around, he ain't neva behaved like that. Never! The only people that are eccentric are the people that have been calling him eccentric. They are straight up looney.

Last edited:
Great post AllForMJ.

I don't "want" anything from Michael other then him doing what in his heart he want's to do. He should do the music he wants, not what anyone else wants. To be honest, I think what Michael would really want, from listening to him, it to compose classical music. Which would be amazing I think. Anything that helps him and makes him feel happy or feel better. If that's angry or emotionally raw music, like "History", or if its more danceable or celebratory music, that's fine. Whatever he wants. If he composes it, it'll be brilliant either way. Plus hearing him sing alone is enough for me. It could be Happy Birthday and I'll be happy as long as I get to hear his voice.

Last edited:
I never heard him say anything about composing classical music. I know he has said that it is one of his favorite types of music.

What I have heard him say is that he wants to make MOVIES. He has said this many times and no one in the media seems to ever focus on it. But Michael really love movies and I believe that that is one of the things we will all see him do in the future.

With the imagination and creativity that Michael has, I can really see this guy making some really amazing movies.

I didn't mean he said he wanted to compose classical music directly, but from what he's said about classical music and pop music and from hearing Janet say he's composed amazing classical pieces, I always assumed that was a direction he would like to go in.

I hope for 2008

A happy MJ pround of himself
An enjoy album
and just to piss the press I hope this album will sell well

good music.simple as that;-)
and i would like to see him having more fun,being more relaxed on stage.i think it would be easier for him to do concerts and tours that way:)

I would want Michael to be wellmore well known to the Public i know the guy is a Global Megastar but since the Traial people have seem to have forgot about him so if he goes to more events e.t.c it'll get his name back in the public eye and also for the Music i would like to see some good Promotion like on Buses and Billboards e.t.c

I would love the gutbucket R&B plus also a mix of all the different genres Michael can bring to the table - Just do what he wants bring it on full force - Be inspired NOT cohearsed by what others want - that may stifle his true potenial .. the music Michael can bring from his heart and soul is far better than following any set trends or fads .. His music is timeless. I want him to be satisfied and other to recognise his genious and talent -

I want him to stand TALL and that the fans will celebrate him in a BIG
way - 2008 is going to be an awesome Year for Both Michaell and his fans.
Plus a younger generation is going to be able to be part of this MAGIC and
understand Why we continue to Rave about him .. even while he is laying low.

Last edited:
Another thing that would be nice is to get a Christmas album from an adult Michael Jackson. Now that would be a treat.

Back