Grammy Nominations Announced Tommorrow

Bee.

Proud Member
Hey, fellow MJ and music lovers. I have heard on the radio today that the Grammy nominations will be announced tommorrow. Who do you think will be nominated and why?

I think that Kanye, Alicia and Justin will be nominated. I think that Beyonce, Carrie Underwood and Daughtry will have the most nominations.

I'll be shocked if Amy Winehouse doesn't get a ton of nominations. I also expect Kanye to be nominated multiple times. And of course Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen will probably get some nominations too. -_-

You know what would be cool? If MJ showed up at the next Grammys and shocked us all. :D

Eeek, Kanye is leading with EIGHT NOMINATIONS! AAAAAAH! lol

And yup. Winehouse is in there also Paul McCartney, Beyonce...mmm, many others I forgot to mention.

for those interested, here's the link for the list of nominees:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=527226

Kanye West, Amy Winehouse Top Grammy Nods
trans.gif
December 6, 2007

Kanye West and Amy Winehouse have both had their share of troubles lately, but at least they had a good day at the Grammy nominations. At a press conference this morning in Los Angeles, Kanye received a leading eight nominations while Winehouse received six. Both West and Winehouse were nominated for Album of the Year for Graduation and Back to Black, respectively. Winehouse was also cited for Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year for her hit "Rehab," while West is up for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Good Life" and Best Rap Album.
The other nominees for album of the year are the Foo Fighters' Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace, These Days by Vince Gill and River: The Joni Letters by Herbie Hancock. Record of the Year nods went to Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," the Foo's "The Pretender," Rihanna's "Umbrella," Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around Comes Around" and Winehouse's "Rehab." The nominees for Song of the Year are "Before He Cheats" (performed by Carrie Underwood), "Hey There Delilah" (Plain White T's), "Like a Star" (Corinne Bailey Rae), "Rehab" (Amy Winehouse) and "Umbrella" (Rihanna).

Meanwhile, the Foo Fighters, Jay-Z, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and T-Pain were heavily acknowledged with five nods each. Akon, Dierks Bentley, Chris Daughtry, Feist, Tim McGraw, John Newton, Ne-Yo, Rihanna and Bruce Springsteen received four each.

Some of the other categories include:

Best New Artist: Feist; Ledisi; Paramore; Taylor Swift; Amy Winehouse.
Best Rock Album: Daughtry, Daughtry; Revival, John Fogerty; Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters; Magic, Bruce Springsteen; Sky Blue Sky, Wilco.
Best R&B Album: Funk This, Chaka Khan; Lost & Found, Ledisi; Luvanmusiq, Musiq Soulchild; The Real Thing, Jill Scott; Sex, Love & Pain, Tank.
Best Rap Album: Finding Forever, Common; Kingdom Come, Jay-Z, Hip Hop Is Dead, Nas; T.I. vs T.I.P., T.I.; Graduation, Kanye West.

Best Alternative Music Album: Lily Allen's Alright, Still; Arcade Fire's Neon Bible; Björk's Volta; The Shins' Wincing the Night Away and the White Stripes' Icky Thump.

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera; "1,2,3,4" by Feist; "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie; "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado; "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse.
Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: "Everything" by Michael Bublé; "Belief" by John Mayer; "Dance Tonight" by Paul McCartney; "Amazing" by Seal; "What Goes Around...Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake.

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals: "(You Want To) Make A Memory" by Bon Jovi; "Home" by Daughtry; "Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5; "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's; "Window In The Skies" by U2.
Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals: "It's Not Over" by Daughtry; "Working Class Hero" by Green Day; "If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback; "Instant Karma" by U2; "Icky Thump" by The White Stripes.

Best Hard Rock Performance: "Sweet Sacrifice" by Evanescence; "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters; "I Don't Wanna Stop" by Ozzy Osbourne; "Sick, Sick, Sick" by Queens Of The Stone Age; "The Pot" by Tool.

Best Rap Solo Performance: "The People" by Common; "I Get Money" by 50 Cent; "Show Me What You Got" by Jay-Z; "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" by T.I.; "Stronger" by Kanye West.
The 50th annual Grammy Awards will be handed out on Sunday, February 10 in Los Angeles.

It wont happen, but could you IMAGINE Kanye's ego if he won ALL 8.. WOW!!

Back