6th December News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
Hello today :D

Today news is that you can buy the most Michaelš video of the most successful song "Thriller" separately. Check below and have a nice rocking day:punk:

Mentionings:

360 Expands Its Music Video Line-Up with BMG

A perhaps slightly overlooked feature of this fall's Xbox 360 update is the fact that Microsoft is now selling Sony BMG music videos on Live for 160 points a pop. The download-to-own videos will be hitting Canada later this month with a different launch lineup.

The first wave of videos hitting the U.S. features 40 videos from a diverse sampling of artists including Chris Brown, OutKast, Michael Jackson and Foo Fighters.

Hit the jump for the full list of vids now available.

Alice In Chains - Man In The Box
Alicia Keys - No One
Audioslave - Original Fire
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Berlin (Tess Angus Edit)
Boys Like Girls - The Great Escape
Calle 13 - Pa'l Norte
Chris Brown - Kiss Kiss
Chris Brown - Wall To Wall
Dave Matthews Band - Crush
Editors - An End Has A Start
Foo Fighters - Long Road To Ruin
Foo Fighters - Low
Franz Ferdinand - The Dark Of The MatinŽe
Good Charlotte - I Don't Wanna Be In Love
Incubus - Make A Move
Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
Kings Of Leon - Charmer
Korn - Freak On A Leash
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Mudvayne - Death Blooms
OutKast - Hey Ya!
Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Wanna Stop
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
R. Kelly featuring Ludacris and Kid Rock - Rock Star
Rage Against The Machine - Born Of A Broken Man
Rage Against The Machine - Vietnow
Red - Let Go
SAY ANYTHING - Baby Girl, I'm A Blur
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (featuring Wyclef Jean)
System Of A Down - Hypnotize
T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
T-Pain featuring Akon - Bartender
Tenacious D - Classico
Tenacious D - POD
The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
The Offspring - (Can't Get My) Head Around You
The Pack - In My Car
Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
Three Days Grace - Never Too Late
Velvet Revolver - The Last Fight

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/12/360_expands_its_music_video_li.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1995 - Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" was certified 7 times Platinum.

1995 - Michael Jackson was hospitalized after collapsing in a New York theater while rehearsing for a TV special.

2004 - The defense and prosection exchanged all evidence gathered in the Michael Jackson child-molestation case.

Some MJ business news....

Chrysalis in sale talks with music majors

Chrysalis shares soared 7 per cent after the independent music group said it was in talks that could lead to a sale

Amanda Andrews

Chrysalis, one of the last big independent music groups founded by Chris Wright 40 years ago, said it was in talks which could lead to a sale of the music business.
It is understood that interest in the company, which controls songwriting copyrights to acts including Blondie, has come from a number of music majors, including Sony/ATV and EMI.
Chrysalis is understood to have appointed Jefferies

International to assess the options for Chrysalis. Jefferies is understood to have contacted potential bidders, including Terra Firma, to ask if they would be interested in the division. One source said it had received a lot of early stage interest.
The group, which has been the subject of bid speculation since it sold its radio assets earlier this year, said the board was currently assessing its options. These included remaining as an independent company, potential acquisition opportunities, or a sale of the company.
Warner Music profits slump 58%

Chrysalis said in a statement: “As part of this process, the board is in discussions with a number of parties regarding potential acquisitions.

“The Board can also confirm that it is in preliminary discussions with select parties which may or may not lead to an offer being made for the entire issued share capital of Chrysalis.”
The group’s shares rose almost 7 per cent on the news, up 7.25p to 113.75p at 11.15am.

After selling its radio assets, Chrysalis has a music division which comprises music publishing and recording companies, and a struggling retail unit, Lasgo.

Chrysalis sold its radio business to Global Radio for £170 million in July and the group has said it expects to return £96.5 million to shareholders.

The industry veteran told The Times last month that he was sitting on a “jewel of a business”, but added that he was sceptical about the prospects of receiving an attractive offer in the present climate.

Chysalis, one of the last big independent music groups, has been valued at around £120 million.

Guy Hands, the Terra Firma boss and chairman of EMI, said in a memo to investors that he saw “potential for consolidation” in the industry. Marty Bandier, the chief executive of Sony/ ATV, is aggressively pursuing deals.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article3004107.ece

Will Michael get any love from RADIO?

Of course he will!!!

Today, while I was driving home and listening to 99.1 here in the Inland Empire in Southern California, the dude announced that Kanye West picked up a group of nominations from the upcoming Grammies. The Grammies have announced the noms already.

Anyway, he went on to say that Kanye had the opportunity of being a part of the re-release of the biggest album of all time, Thriller. He said that this was a huge honor for Kanye to work with Michael. Then he went on to announce the Feb 12th re-release date of Thriller. It was really cool the way he did it because you can hear the excitement and respect in his voice.

Last edited:
Ya'll realize that "Work Your Body", "She Got It" and "Lisa Its Your Birthday" are available in full, right? Go to 2000 Watts. I gotta go listen! See ya!

Ya'll realize that "Work Your Body", "She Got It" and "Lisa Its Your Birthday" are available in full, right? Go to 2000 Watts. I gotta go listen! See ya!

Those are leaked songs _ Mj didnt release them -
I think it is a betrayal of Michael for whomever did
leak and promote those songs

Will Michael get any love from RADIO?

Of course he will!!!

Today, while I was driving home and listening to 99.1 here in the Inland Empire in Southern California, the dude announced that Kanye West picked up a group of nominations from the upcoming Grammies. The Grammies have announced the noms already.

Anyway, he went on to say that Kanye had the opportunity of being a part of the re-release of the biggest album of all time, Thriller. He said that this was a huge honor for Kanye to work with Michael. Then he went on to announce the Feb 12th re-release date of Thriller. It was really cool the way he did it because you can hear the excitement and respect in his voice.

Michael hook those brothers up for life!!!

and hold on to your pants...because.. this Thriller 25th is going to sell like hot cakes...

and I am going to g there and say.. keep your eye on the Grammy's in Feb......................................

Last edited:
Those are leaked songs _ Mj didnt release them -
I think it is a betrayal of Michael for whomever did
leak and promote those songs

That's funny.

I'll buy them if he ever releases them on a CD, even if they're the only new songs on the CD. Just like I'd buy any of the other leaked songs from over the years, and just like I'm buying "Thriller 25", even though I already have every song on that album and don't particularly care for the remixes, just like I'd buy Xscape, just like I bought "Number Ones", even though it only had one new song on it.

Back