Everyone has a song that means somthing to them, whats yours?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
This is an extremly hard decision but i would have to pick you guessed it November Rain :p i think its one of the best rock ballds ever wrote the medley and lyrics are amazing to listen to

Assault and Battery by Howard Jones. This song was important to me when I became a vegetarian (but I'm vegan now)

Who Is It :wub:

(means the world to me)

Last edited:
I think every song that i like means something to me in some way. Mostly because they trigger memories.

For example We are the World, cause I could see him live on stage at the WMAs ´06.

I don't have any especially meaningful songs, but to pick one, I'd say Heal the World. The title says it all. I've just been such a horrible person and I still am. It reminds me to.. well, to be a better person in every aspects of life, towards other people and towards God.

I'm into nature, so Marvin Gaye's Mercy Mercy Me speaks to me because I don't dig all of the fouling up the land done by people.

Craig David - Unbelievable

I didn't have a girlfriend for a long time. It took so long until I had my very first girlfriend and now she happens to be my first and only one I'll have in my life cuz' we're engaged to each other and we're together for about two years and six months now! I really hope that it will always stay like this!
This experience was just unbelievable and I never thought of something like that to happen - so that's why the song "Unbelievable"! :)

This is hard..

Speechless - By Michael (not Gaga) for very special reasons.

Halo - Since Beyonce dedicated it to MJ, I think of him and June25th straight away when I hear it.

Heal the World has always held a special place in my heart. I remember singing it for a chorus concert in school, and even as a kid I felt the power of the words:

If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
Love is strong
It only cares for joyful giving.
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread
We stop existing and start living
Then it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
Make a better world, make a better world. :heart:

I'm into nature, so Marvin Gaye's Mercy Mercy Me speaks to me because I don't dig all of the fouling up the land done by people.

This song definitely strikes a chord with me. It's an anthem that will unfortunately always be relevant as long as humans continue to live with such disregard to the planet.

Craig David - Unbelievable

I didn't have a girlfriend for a long time. It took so long until I had my very first girlfriend and now she happens to be my first and only one I'll have in my life cuz' we're engaged to each other and we're together for about two years and six months now! I really hope that it will always stay like this!
This experience was just unbelievable and I never thought of something like that to happen - so that's why the song "Unbelievable"! :)

That is really sweet :wub:

It's so hard for me to only pick one song, since a lot of songs have played different roles in my life.

But if I would have to choose one, it probably would be Will You Be There. I believe that everyone will have this ''Will You Be There?'' moment in his/her life, in which we wonder if our loved ones will still support us no matter what happens.

In Our Darkest Hour
In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care?
Will You Be There?
In My Trials
And My Tribulations
Through Our Doubts
And Frustrations
In My Violence
In My Turbulence
Through My Fear
And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow

I def. had a few Will You Be There moments in my life, and in a lot times it turned out that the people I expected to be there for me, weren't there for me at all when I needed them the most. They weren't there to support me, when my life had turned into a chaotic twist. I think Will You Be There describes what we are all looking for in a friend perfectly. And I really try my best to live up to the lyrics, the song describes for me how a friend should be and I wish I could be always there for my friends whenever they need me the most.

I'd rather be known as a reliable friend, than as someone to only have fun with. I'm trying to be there for my friends 24/7, but it's hard sometimes. Sometimes my friends get themselves in such a situation, which makes it hard for me to understand how they could have gotten themselves into that. Whenever that happens, I just listen to this song, it puts my feet back on the ground. I just think of Michael and how people wouldn't take the time to understand his situation and would just abandon him and how that used to upset me. And then I think of myself as a friend, and how I never would abandon a person I love and it gives me the courage again to try and support my friend, no matter in what kind of situation he/she gotten him/herself into.

:hug:

Oh, definitely Will You Be There.. important in Michael's life.

*Gone Too Soon, because of MJ's passing... I still can't listen to it. Tears me right up. It went from being about Ryan to being about Michael for me... :(
*You Were A Good Friend (kenny rogers): My stepmom, who died in a motorcycle crash, her favorite artist was Kenny Rogers, so I grew up with a lot of his music going at home all the time. I'm not a huge fan of the guy but he's got a great list of hit songs. I can't listen to him much anymore because just hearing his voice makes me think of her and I get pretty sad. But this song, I can't listen to it at all. I instantly start crying. I remember this song playing in her hospital room (she was in a coma for 2 days after the accident) because they say people can hear things when in a coma so we played all his stuff on loop... and if I hear this song even now, it's like I'm back in that hospital room again. I'm hoping one day I can hear it without bursting into tears. I want this song to be like my song of her, you know? But, not yet. One day though :)
*Remember The Time - this is just special cuz it is my brother and my favorite song to sing to in the car. On road trips we crank it super loud and he puts his head out the window doing a very obnoxious version of that BLAAAAAAAAP noise MJ does in it LOL :p

There are 2 songs that means something to me. Both are by my beloved Michael.

Stranger In Moscow

This song really does best describe how my days have been. Ever since that horrible June day.

Earth Song

This song really had open my eyes of how people are destroying the planet. I am a huge believer in global warming now. Have been ever since that summer day in 1995 when I first heard that song.

Scream. My brother and I used to try to sing this when we were kids. It's hilarious thinking back to that because we had no idea what Michael was singing and we just made up sounds that we thought were similar. lol

Smile. This song has never failed to cheer me up when I'm down. It helps me remember that nothing is ever as bad as it seems at first. "Life is still worth while". It means so much to me that I got those lyrics as a tattoo. :D

God Only Knows. Absolutely beautiful song, by Orianthi. I immediately thought of Michael the first time I heard it. Kinda makes me sad, but it describes my feelings exactly.

Last edited:
There are so many of them but overall I'd have to say Earth Song, 'cause that song literally changed the way I perceive music and without this song none of the other songs would have ever registered with me either. I wish I never forget the day I heard this song for the first time amd the feeling it gave me. People talk about magical moments and for me, that moment was pure magic.

Back