Let's talk about Billie Jean, Best song ever made?

Darvon1982

Proud Member
BEST SONG EVER MADE?

I think so. I mean, anybody can listen to this song, and dance to it. Anybody, any club, any social gathering, would play this song. This song is played at everyone's proms. Everyone's Wedding receptions. You have at least heard this song at least one time at one time in your entire life. (Even if you're not a fan).

I think this song was made from a genius. Michael Jackson. The wonderful songwriter that he is. This song is just the master piece of Michael Joseph Jackson. The baseline, the first time he performed it, the beatboxing he does to it, the perfectionism. This song just kicks A**!!!!

Reactions: MJ5
billie jean is a great song even after all this years;-)but i don't know if it is the best ever.it's about taste.i love WHO IS IT,for example!

Best ever.

Never get tired of it.

The drum track is unique you know the song in the 1st two seconds.

The bass and his voice seem to go so well it times it even sounds like he is emulating the bass with his voice which creates a great warmth in the track.

The track hasn't dated at all.

Multiple hooks.

Perfect vocal performance..... exact timing with the ad-libs, great sense of drama creating that atsmosphere that only MJ can create.

2:47 to 2:52........... probably my favourite 5 seconds on record, lol.

Micheal Jackson finest 4 minutes on record.

I heard he performs the song pretty good as well :p

Best song he ever made was a song he didn't even write: "Human Nature".

As for best songs ever made, you can make an argument that alongside "Billie Jean", these other songs:

"Tutti Frutti"
"Rocket 88"
"Rock Around the Clock"
"What'd I Say"
"Stand By Me"
"When a Man Loves a Woman"
"Stop! In the Name of Love"
"My Girl"
"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (Marvin & Tammi's version)
"What's Going On"
"I'll Be There"
"American Pie"
"Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"

...or any other song you can put here can be "the best song ever made". JMHO.

Billie Jean has it all period. voice, Production, songwriting, instrumentation and a vibe that said watch out now. it is his signature song and it is His Best Overall Adult Solo Song IMO. I mean this song has been covered and done in various ways. I mean it is timeless.

what artist wouldn't want a Billie jean in there catelog?

BillieJean is a good song but i wouldnt say its the best ever theres far better songs like Bohemian Rhapsody e.t.c the Lyrics and Medley are what make that song so famous

BillieJean is a good song but i wouldnt say its the best ever theres far better songs like Bohemian Rhapsody e.t.c the Lyrics and Medley are what make that song so famous
Queen would revoke your pass for saying that one. Billie Jean is a standout song period. if you were around when Billie Jean first came out you'd think again on that statement.

Queen would revoke your pass for saying that one. Billie Jean is a standout song period. if you were around when Billie Jean first came out you'd think again on that statement.

Bohemian Rhapsody will always be a more legendry song than Billie Jean i mean yeah ok i see where you comming from when you said if i was around when Billie Jean first came out it would the the **** but i'm sticking with my opinion and saying that i don't think it is the best song ever made i've herd loads of better songs than Billie Jean

Billie Jean, yes, the best song ever, it's a masterpiece.

And i think it's soooo much better than Bohemian Rhapsody ...pssttt....

Its like a masterpiece. Give it to any person from different age group or musical taste and they will like it. Its just... magic. :lol: An all-rounder song.

Bohemian Rhapsody, at 2 Billions Stream. Billie Jean at 1 Billion. Will that change? Post biopic, maybe.

It has not a lot to do with quality in itself but the sales numbers at least give us an idea how iconic this song is.

To this date it sold approximately 15 million copies both physical and download combined. After MJ's death it became a top 5 hit all over Europe again. It is also MJ's most covered song to date in a wide range of genres from country to hard rock to punk to alternative ballad to house track etc.

The intro is one of the most instantly recognizable ones of all time and visually pretty much everybody knows the white glove, the white socks, the black glitter jacket, the fedora hat, the iconic opening pose, the toe stand and last but not least the moonwalk.

The most impressive thing of all is that it all came from him both musically and visually. It became an entirely unique concept, a brand in itself.

If this was Michael's only hit he would still have been an absolute legend.

Back