Jackson 5 Plus Janet @ JD's Studio 72 in ATL/MJ not there video included!

MsTenda

Guests
Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Years Eve Party

According to Jermaine Dupri, President of Island Music Urban and long time boyfriend to Janet Jackson, The Jackson 5 plus Janet Jackson will be reuniting for a New Years Eve party thrown by Jermaine Dupri at his club, Studio 72.

Jermaine made the announcement on his radio show over the weekend. Here's the audio: http://www.zshare.net/audio/55395656b6d104/

Jermaine Dupri plans to empty out the club as the Jackson 5 descend from the sky in a helicopter. The Jackson 5 will then join sister Janet Jackson and Jermaine as they enter the club.

So, what do ya think? :eek:

Re: Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Years Eve Party

That's gonna be one hell of an awesome show if true.

But...i doubt it lol

But hey, maybe Mike will surprise me lol

Yeah but Jermaine Dupri has no reason to lie. This would be hella awesome if true!!

I dunno, he might not.

But my stance is, I'll believe it when i see it at this point. i WANT MJ to surprise me :D

I wonder how much this could be true? This is being dicussed in today's news thread and alot of people of emailed Raymone and she send an email replying that this story is false so who knows. ;)

why would JD lie about that i wonder though? We'll have to wait and see.

How can Raymone say it's false tho? I mean, for real?? Maybe it's The Jackson's without Michael? It's not exactly kosher to imply that the president of a major label and boyfriend to Janet isn't being honest ..... So, unless Raymone is privy to to Jackson family business, I think I'll just wait and hold judgement until Janet's publicist or the Jackson Family spokesperson says something.

MICHAEL TOO??? Or maybe Randy with the other 4 bros..

How can Raymone say it's false tho? I mean, for real?? Maybe it's The Jackson's without Michael? It's not exactly kosher to imply that the president of a major label and boyfriend to Janet isn't being honest ..... So, unless Raymone is privy to to Jackson family business, I think I'll just wait and hold judgement until Janet's publicist or the Jackson Family spokesperson says something.

Exactly, Trish! :kickass: If anything, Ray-Ray just confused me with that. Now this is one thing I can wait on. :lol: Other things are amiss right now.

Raymone's not the Jackson family spokesperson. She's Michael's spokesperson. So if the Jacksons are planning a performance without Michael then she would have no idea about it. And what's to say that MJ has just not told Raymone about it yet. Maybe it's just in the planning stages and Raymone, who would only be told about if Michael wanted the news released to the public, has not been informed about it yet.

Man this is going to be off the hook! (if it does happen). Do you think all this that might happen is a pr move for the new year and for people to get ready for the Jacksons?! I have a feeling that 2008 is gonna be a year not only for Mr. Jackson but for all the Jacksons! B)

Mmmmmmm something interesting that I found while looking at that website that Jermaine Dupri announced about the J5 New Year's Eve concert, well anyway I saw this link http://secure.ticketannex.com/WebSa...nfo=6114~cfc783b8-a063-46a2-86a8-350a24f918d1

that is claiming to be selling tickets to this concert at that club here is the info:

Event Information
A Jackson 5 New Year's Eve

Studio 72
Monday, Dec 31, 2007 9:00 PM

Doors Open 8PM
Fun Begins @ 9PM
21 & Over Only with Valid ID
Dress Code is Young, Fly & Flashy
Valet Parking Available
Table Reservations Available

(More Info)

Event Pricing
Early Bird Early Bird GA - $50.00

Well, well, time will tell if this turns out to be true,
and if Michael Jackson actually appears and performs. ;)

Mmmmmmm something interesting that I found while looking at that website that Jermaine Dupri announced about the J5 New Year's Eve concert, well anyway I saw this link http://secure.ticketannex.com/WebSa...nfo=6114~cfc783b8-a063-46a2-86a8-350a24f918d1

that is claiming to be selling tickets to this concert at that club here is the info:

Event Information
A Jackson 5 New Year's Eve

Studio 72
Monday, Dec 31, 2007 9:00 PM

Doors Open 8PM
Fun Begins @ 9PM
21 & Over Only with Valid ID
Dress Code is Young, Fly & Flashy
Valet Parking Available
Table Reservations Available

(More Info)

Event Pricing
Early Bird Early Bird GA - $50.00

Well earlybird tickets were only until 12/1/07 and it doesn't show any other. You might as well say it was a closed event. How big is Studio 72 ? I am going to assume that it will be televised.

Now there is a lot let to the imagination. You can imply a lot with words. It doesn't say that the J5 are performing does it? It just says they are together again. I had trouble hearing him. Maybe it is just in their honor.

Sooo since no one knew about it, i'm assuming this is private, so not everyone and they momma could come? LoL

. How big is Studio 72 ?

Here some info about the club:

3956 Lawrenceville Highway
Tucker, GA 30084
Phone: (770) 934-2975

The wow factor is in the well lit lobby where 72" signage spins on the floor underneath five snazzy crystal chandeliers.

Inside, three long bars topped with beige granite have oh-my appeal thanks to the embedded knee-high flat-screen monitors. They help add sophistication to the industrial-looking space. Huge and airy best describes the layout, with cozy booth sitting areas all around. The surround sound system is incredible, and the much-touted aquarium is cute.

there doesnt seem to be anything about it on Studio 72's site :huh:

Jermaine owns the club.... he just announced it on his radio show so he don't need to update his website lol.

Sooo since no one knew about it, i'm assuming this is private, so not everyone and they momma could come? LoL
Well that is kind of what I am wondering. If it was truly open you would have people from all over the solar system converging on it. The original Studeo 'something' that the stars (and Michael) would hang out at would broadcast live on New Years Eve. At the time I saw it I had no idea what it was. That was where I first saw the BOTDF video because they showed it. They went back and forth between Times Square and the Studio and in the studio they would televise the stars that were there enjoying the event. Key here, they're enjoying the event. I don't know what the actual entertainment was. The stars weren't there to perform. Not saying....

Last edited:

well if u really wanted to promote the event, that kinda thing is somethin u'd wanna put on your website :lol:

Jermaine owns the club.... he just announced it on his radio show so he don't need to update his website lol.

Did he say he was giving them a heads up so they could get their tickets? I wasn't sure if that is what I heard.

Last edited:

This is what I think of this: This is not a performance, but an appearance and MJ may not be a part of that. I've been to a Jacksons' appearance like that once before in Chicago.

It's NYEve and celeb-owned clubs will be pulling out the blitz and the bling to get their event talked about. Many clubs pay celebs for making club appearances. Paris Hilton charges about 250k for holiday sightings....

I think this is just an appearance. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.

And I doubt MJ will be there.... but hey, ya never know.

In any case, they wouldn't pre announce that.... it would be riot. Even in ATL....

This is what I think of this: This is not a performance, but an appearance and MJ may not be a part of that. I've been to a Jacksons' appearance like that once before in Chicago.

It's NYEve and celeb-owned clubs will be pulling out the blitz and the bling to get their event talked about. Many clubs pay celebs for making club appearances. Paris Hilton charges about 250k for holiday sightings....

I think this is just an appearance. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.

And I doubt MJ will be there.... but hey, ya never know.

In any case, they wouldn't pre announce that.... it would be riot. Even in ATL....

Pretty much how I saw it. The announcement as I heard it did not say performance. The performance will be the helecopter coming down and them getting out and going into the club.

Last edited:

My ass.

I doubt that Michael will be there. Here's how I see it. Take Michael's word about his own planes above anyone elses. Michael says he isn't interested in a long term tour, and to me, that stamps out any rumors about a Jackson 5 tour.

My ass.

I doubt that Michael will be there. Here's how I see it. Take Michael's word about his own planes above anyone elses. Michael says he isn't interested in a long term tour, and to me, that stamps out any rumors about a Jackson 5 tour.
You are reading something into the Ebony interview that isn't there. He doesn't plan to spend the rest of his life touring. I am pretty sure that is closer to what he said, not that he wouldn't do it again. Now maybe he won't, but that isn't what he said. Go find what he said directly, not any of the rewording.

And the New Years Eve thing doesn't say anything about a tour anyway.

Last edited:
Back