12th December News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
Holidays are coming!!! Do you feel magic in the air?:D Do you feel ppl are getting more friendly or they smile more than usually? If not then start smiling yourself, others will follow you :D

News:

Thriller to be reissued

Michael Jackson's landmark and multi-platinum Grammy-winning Thriller will be reissued in a deluxe 25th anniversary edition, with new and previously unreleased tracks, and also remixes by Akon, will.i.am and Kanye West.

A bonus DVD featuring digitally restored short films and Jackson's historic breakout performance from Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever, will also be included.

The newly expanded version of Thriller premieres five tracks previously unreleased in any form: a new Kanye West remix of Billie Jean; a new 2008 version of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' with Akon and will.i.am; will.i.am remixes of The Girl Is Mine and P.Y.T.; and For All Time, a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson.

The Michael Jackson Thriller 25th anniversary celebration kicks off in Dec 2007, and continues throughout 2008 with the release of a new single and a multi-faceted global marketing campaign featuring high-profile television, radio and online events around the world.

[Published: 12-Dec-2007]

http://www.star-ecentral.com/music/...leeve/2007/12/12/12Thrillerto&date=12/12/2007

Mentionings:

Acting Out, Singing In: Mikal Evans

"I've been interested in a range of music," Evans said. "For a while I would get obsessed with one CD: 'Spirit of Eden' by Talk Talk, Calexico, a lot of old jazz stuff. Lately I've been obsessed with the song 'Rock With You' by Michael Jackson."

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2007/12/acting_out_singing_in_mikal_evans.php

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - Michael Jackson's single "Heal The World" hit #2 in the U.K.

1995 - Michael Jackson left Beth Israel Medical Center North in a white van. Jackson was hospitalized after collapsing in a New York theater while rehearsing for a TV special on December 6.

200px-Heal_The_World.jpg

Thanks for the news and mentionings, i never knew Heal the World was Number 2 in the UK which is cool!

Ok, hun thanks!:D *keeps smiling*

Hmmm...interesting the first news, with the release of Thriller, interesting the way it approched it by mentioning the high profile events for the next year.I'll cross my fingers in the hope of it!!

I KICKED OFF THE FIRST PART OF FAN PROMOTIONS FOR THRILLER 25.. CHECK OUT THE MICHAEL JACKSON:pRESENT & FUTURE THREAD.

18 'THRILLER 25' BANNERS

let me know what you think of em'

I haven't seen this posted here yet, please remove if already posted.
Poster Tom V from MJNO posted it from the guardian

images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/12/12/thriller460.jpg[/IMG]
As a dance writer, I sometimes get asked how I became interested in dance. Usually I say it was Ballet Rambert, the first dance performance I ever saw, aged 19. But that's not quite true, and it's time to give credit where it's due. It was in the same year - 25 years ago this month, in fact - but the turning point was actually the release of Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Pre-Thriller, I'd never even thought about dance. Back in my monocultural home counties school, boys sported customised Adidas bags proclaiming allegiance to Blue Öyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd - none of whom exactly put a twitch in your step. Then at university, I saw a video of Billie Jean. The bassline was like a rumble in the gut, the rhythm like skipped heartbeats. And there was Michael Jackson moseying along a windblown street, each footfall lighting the pavement slab beneath it, as if his aura had its own fluorescent dancefloor. His limbs flicked and retracted, his body froze shapes out of liquid spins, he cut the fast with the loose. I was as electrified as one of those paving stones - somewhere inside me, a light switched on. I wanted to be starting something ...
Beat It began to turn the tables. I exulted in the knowledge that Eddie Van Halen had contributed the guitar solo, and imagined a headline - "Heavy Metal Guru Serves King of Pop!" - flashing over the skinny guy in a red PVC jacket who rules the roost just by snapping his fingers and zigzagging his body. Beat that, Adidas bag boys.
And then came Thriller which, with its zombie dancers busting out of graves, was quite literally groundbreaking. I was transfixed by the unforgettable vision of Jackson leading a squadron of the living dead in the sharpest manoeuvres in history. They swizzle around the rhythm and then snap right back into it, notching the pulse as sharply as finger clicks. No mere mortal could resist. My inner dancer came out like - well, actually, like a zombie busting out of its grave. My body was moving, it was alive. Sorry, could we rerun that? This time, imagine the portentous tones of a Vincent Price voiceover: It was moving! It was alive! ALIVE!
And that's how I got started in dance. Without Thriller I wouldn't have gone to see Ballet Rambert, wouldn't have started watching dance, wouldn't have started writing about it. Of course Thriller didn't actually determine the path, lighting up the paving stones to show me the way. But it did help me find my feet.
So Thriller changed me - but Thriller also changed the world. It's the biggest selling album and music video of all time, and nothing else has gone global in the same way. Its influence on dance is still with us. You can see it in popular styles, in weddings, parties and even prisons. And the Indian Thriller that's currently riding high on YouTube is simply the most visible sign of the fact that it affected the entire dance style of Bollywood cinema.
But while musicians often acknowledge its importance, I rarely hear it namechecked in the dance profession. Carlos Acosta cites Thriller as an inspiration, as do British Bangladeshi contemporary dance wunderkind Akram Khan and upbeat Brazilian choreographer Deborah Colker. There must be many others - performers, choreographers, teachers, directors, even critics - whose first glowing, groundbreaking, grave-busting steps into their dance career were thanks to Thriller.
Will it continue to inspire future generations in dance? You can now get Thriller dance lessons online. I'm not sure how sitting at a computer is going to help you find your feet - except that if it's Thriller you're watching, even if you don't move a hair I can guarantee that your insides will be doing a crazy zombie dance.

[/QUOTE]

Michael Jackson is on deadline.

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge on Wednesday issued a court order giving the reclusive entertainer 25 days to turn over financial information to a law firm that previously won a $256,000 judgment against him in July.
Should Jackson balk at turning over the records requested by the firm of Ayscough & Marar, he instead has the option of making good on his unpaid legal fees.

Jackson engaged the firm during his 2005 child-molestation trial to perform such tasks as obtaining court orders to block information from being publicly released and delaying discovery in several civil cases.
The firm also represented him in a lawsuit brought by former business associate Marc Schaffel, who ultimately won a $900,000 judgment against Jackson.

In October, Ayscough & Marar won a second judgment against the singer, ordering him to cover the $175,000 in attorneys' fees the firm spent in hiring outside lawyers in the original case.

Jackson is currently appealing the $175,000 ruling, meaning the firm can only pursue the $256,000 award for now.
Judge James C. Chalfant said Wednesday Jackson had agreed to turn over the records requested by Ayscough & Marar in October but had yet to comply.

"While the court has no reason to doubt the sincerity of the representations of his attorneys, the fact of the matter is that under law, Jackson must provide further responses to the [law firm's] request, particularly since he agreed to do so through the meet-and-confer process," Chalfant stated in his order.

Jackson's legal team has said the funds he plans to use to settle his debt with the law firm have been tied up, in part because he has not yet completed a planned refinancing of his Neverland Ranch.

The singer's spokesperson, Raymone K. Bain, denied reports last month that Jackson had defaulted on a $23 million loan and was in danger of losing the property.

"Contrary to published reports, Mr. Jackson was never in default of the loan," Bain said, adding that the 49-year-old Moonwalker was "in the final stages of [a] refinance."

On Wednesday, Jackson's attorney, Marshall L. Brubacher, told the judge his client, who is reportedly mulling a Jackson 5 reunion tour, could come up with the funds within nine days.

Sorting through Jackson's financial records for the information requested by Ayscough & Marar, on the other hand, could take longer than the 25 days allotted by the court, Brubacher said.

"I went to Neverland last week, and it's a mammoth amount of work, because there are 30,000 boxes of financial documents," Brubacher said. "It's going to take a tremendous amount of time."

However, if Jackson wants to avoid making good on the payment to Ayscough & Marar, turning over the records is his only option.
Michael McCarthy, a lawyer for Ayscough & Marar, dismissed Brubacher's description of Jackson's so-calling filing system.
"Thirty-thousand boxes, that's not even credible," McCarthy said.

Apparently, he has yet to learn that when it comes to Jackson, pretty much anything is possible.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=d63b70bc-eec0-4bef-ac08-19873c9c1240&sid=fd-news

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Michael gets that Neverland business out of the way soon. He doesn't need anything like this tying up his time when he's on the verge of the next great chapter of his life.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that article about Michael's finances cracked me up.​

Jeez.​

Well I wish him luck.​

Last edited:
Jesus. Not again.

Will this ever stop???

Back