13th December News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
So should we play a game "Who's not telling the truth?" :p As we know, it's been known that Raymone answered to some of fan mail and she denied rumors about J5 taking part in New Year celebration party. Plus, I like the idea of some fan pointing out the name of J5. Can they even perform with that name? Cause when they left Motown, Berry Gordy kept the name so group needed to recall themself as The Jacksons. That's a good thing to think about :huh:

News:

JACKSON 5 TO REUNITE FOR DUPRI'S NYE PARTY

THE JACKSON 5 will make their highly-anticipated comeback at a New Year's Eve party hosted by JERMAINE DUPRI, according to the hip-hop mogul himself.
The ABC hitmakers are reportedly planning to embark on a reunion tour in 2008, complete with superstar Michael Jackson.
But Dupri - who is dating Janet Jackson - insists the group's first performance together since their official split in 1990 will be at his New Year celebrations in his Studio 72 club in Atlanta, Georgia.
He says, "It's the Jackson 5 Party. I swear to you, it's going to be the biggest party this town has ever seen." And Dupri insists the pop reunion will not be the only highlight of the night.
He adds, "At midnight I'm gonna empty the whole club and put everyone in the parking lot and I'm going to light the lot up with a fireworks show."

http://www.pr-inside.com/jackson-5-to-reunite-for-dupri-s-r346124.htm

Jackson 5 to play New Year's Eve show

Producer Jermaine Dupri has claimed that the Jackson 5 will play a New Year's Eve reunion show in Atlanta.

Speaking to US radio station V-103, Dupri revealed that he had booked the veteran pop collective to play a greatest hits set at his Studio 72 club.

The end of year celebration is to mark Dupri's engagement to Janet Jackson.

Michael Jackson and his four brothers will be flown into Atlanta by helicopter for the bash, claims Dupri.

He said: "It's the Jackson 5 Party. I swear to you it's going to be the biggest party this town has ever seen."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a81592/jackson-5-to-play-new-years-eve-show.html

RETURNING: Michael Jackson on cover of Ebony

Pop star Michael Jackson has resurfaced. He has returned to the recording studio. And in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Thriller, he gazes placidly from the December cover of Ebony magazine.

When the world last had a long, hard look at Jackson more than two years ago, he was on trial for child molestation. He would shuffle into court wearing suits that looked like they had been lifted from Sgt. Pepper, militaristic armbands and medallions and, on one day, pajamas. After he was acquitted he disappeared to the Middle East.

But he has been transformed in Ebony.

He is wearing white tails and a plain white shirt. A gold mesh bow tie hangs, undone, around his neck, and a large diamond-and-white-gold floral brooch serves as a million-dollar boutonniere.

The photographs inside are even more compelling. In one, Jackson is wearing silver metallic jeans, silver reptile cowboy booties, a long black iridescent frock coat, copious diamonds on his lapel and a black top hat, the brim of which he is tugging down over one eye. The photograph is graceful and dynamic. But what is most fascinating is that Jackson looks like himself - that hair, that face, that dancer’s body, that flamboyant style - but he also looks like a grown-up.

There is no attempt, either in the images or in the accompanying story, to address his financial situation or to backtrack over his legal problems or curious proclivities. That is not Ebony’s style. Instead, it is purely a celebration of the performer, the fact that Thriller has sold more than 100 million copies and that some version of a Jackson song - a sample, a remake, a Jackson 5 ditty - probably is on every iPod in the world.

The photos, by Matthew Rolston, were taken at the Brooklyn Museum about two months ago, after about eight months of negotiations with Jackson’s people about everything from timing to who would do his hair. (His personal hairstylist did.)

It was Jackson who proposed the location. He wanted to be in the company of art, says Harriette Cole, Ebony’s creative director.

At the heart of the shoot was a singular question: “What does a mature icon look like?”

Cole and her colleagues have been asking that same question as it relates to the magazine. Since the death of its founder, John H. Johnson, in 2005, Ebony has been in a process of reinvention.

Founded in 1945, Ebony became a dominant voice among African Americans. But it also became staid. It indulged in the gushing profiles that are the lifeblood of so many magazines but focused on aging celebrities who had little relevance to younger readers. Mostly, Ebony lacked a lively editorial voice. It rarely even photographed its own covers, instead using the sort of stock images that might be distributed by a fan club.

Cole, an author and veteran of the magazine industry, arrived last January. Ebony, with a circulation of 1.45 million, bore the burden of its significant history. “Ebony is the largest black magazine in the world. But it’s also a general-interest magazine. You have grandmothers, mothers, daughters and granddaughters - how do you appeal to four generations at one time?”

Ebony’s changes have been more than aesthetic. The past has not been completely dismissed, it simply is being placed in the context of the present day.

The first cover Cole worked on was of Barack and Michelle Obama. “We wanted to create a presidential image. It wasn’t meant to be flashy. It was to be iconic - American and iconic.” An April cover story featured Harry Belafonte, 80, and Common, 35. On the inside pages, the two talk politics.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/S...SJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353840527

Mentionings:

Prestige Ball just the business for a glamorous evening out

Britain’s Got Talent star Damon Scott sang Michael Jackson tracks with his monkey puppet Bubbles while dancers The Christmas Babes high-kicked in sexy festive outfits.

http://icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwo...96&siteid=60252-name_page.html#story_continue

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2004 - It was made public that Michael Jackson's attorneys had filed a motion (on December 10) to dismiss the child molestation charges against Jackson on the grounds of "vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct."

2004 - Deputy District Attorney Gerald Franklin filed a paper that suggested Michael Jackson had a "propensity" for committing similiar crimes. The prosecutor was seeking to introduce evidence of 'prior sexual offenses'.

Looks like somebody's been lying in here :p Who you more believe? Raymone or Dupri? If Raymone then what is the reason she would say it is false? Isn't she aware of what Michael does or she doesn't want good for Michael? Maybe she wants fans to loose trust in Michael's Team? But then again, she is part of his team as well.

So many questions, so less answers:huh:

Thank you for the news!

Last edited:
AWESOME!!
I like the comment:

the fact that Thriller has sold more than 100 million copies and that some version of a Jackson song - a sample, a remake, a Jackson 5 ditty - probably is on every iPod in the world.

:D

Did she deny the tour or the New Year's eve event?

I saw denials posted about the tour but not the New Year's Eve event.

And it is a very good point about the use of the name Jackson 5. I thought in terms of performance, they could not use that name either. Secondly, that would imply that all the brothers are not participating--Jackson 5 is not the same as the Jacksons.

Did she deny the tour or the New Year's eve event?

I saw denials posted about the tour but not the New Year's Eve event.

And it is a very good point about the use of the name Jackson 5. I thought in terms of performance, they could not use that name either. Secondly, that would imply that all the brothers are not participating--Jackson 5 is not the same as the Jacksons.
it was about New Year ;)
A fan wrote to Bain and she answered so:

Subject: (no subject)
Date: 12/7/2007 11:55:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: RBainXXXXX

Hi Ms. Bain. A club promoter in Atlanta is spreading the word that The Jackson 5 will be performing on New Year's Eve at Studio 72 in Atlanta. This person says that Michael will be present...can you confirm or deny this.

~Stephanie~

Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 12/7/2007 12:46:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Steph83Ga

Not true.

Thank you.
Raymone K. Bain

I find the whole New Year's Eve thing a little strange. I guess time will tell.

I also find it strange that Jermaine JACKSON has not said a word. I mean, Jermaine J is usually VERY vocal. LOL! He recently spoke about the J5 going on tour, but did not mention the New Year's Eve Party. Seems a little odd to me.

I think Raymone has a template in her mail saying 'not true'. It's actually in her signature I guess ;-)

i like what they said about Ebony.Michael is sure on himself,grown up,but still as sweet as ever;-)

thank you..

Hey to let you guys know, with the Thriller 25 Anniversary FAN projects I have had 107 people contact me saying they want to take part... :) That's good news..

If you guys want to take part, let me know.. More information is at this link... post #1429 & 1430

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25059&page=96

P.S. let me know what you think of the banners.. :)

AWESOME!!
I like the comment:
AWESOME!!
I like the comment:

Quote:
the fact that Thriller has sold more than 100 million copies and that some version of a Jackson song - a sample, a remake, a Jackson 5 ditty - probably is on every iPod in the world.

I like the comments too...

you know, Mike dominates.. 2 big holidays EVERY year... Christmas with the J5 Xmas songs (its played about 7times aday on my local radio station)...and Halloween for Thriller

Last edited:
this was posted on a blog

EPIC RECORDS/LEGACY RECORDINGS UNVEIL THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S THRILLER THE WORLD’S BIGGEST SELLING [COLOR=orange! important]ALBUM[/COLOR] OF ALL TIME Well it has indeed been a long time coming but the wait is now worth it, The World’s Top-selling [COLOR=orange! important]Pop [COLOR=orange! important]Artist[/COLOR][/COLOR] Ever Mr. Michael Jackson will be returning with brand new and unreleased material featuring Will.I.Am and Fergie from the [COLOR=orange! important]Black [COLOR=orange! important]Eyed [/COLOR][COLOR=orange! important]Peas[/COLOR][/COLOR], Akon and Kanye West for the final installment of Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition! The album will be available for purchase February 12th of next year and expect a [COLOR=orange! important]new [COLOR=orange! important]single[/COLOR][/COLOR] to be announced sometime in December of 2007. I’m so overzealous — you have no idea! The album Thriller has been certified by the RIAA 27x platinum thus achieving Double Diamond status and making history as the first and only record to be America’s top-selling album two years running (1983 and 1984). Michael Jackson has started a mainstream phenomenon in everything, not just [COLOR=orange! important]music[/COLOR], he is just simply the greatest and there will never be another quite like Michael. Ahh, I think my all-time favorite MJ cuts would have to be (next to “Thriller” of course), “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Leave Me Alone,” “Ghost” and “Scream!” But really, I like all of ‘em! This man puts out consecutive hits to me, he will always be number one, I cannot stress that enough. Oh, I’m so excited — can you tell?! **
http://think2wice.org/2007/12/michael-jackson-covers-jet

I have to say I find it strange about the new years party specially since it is Janets boyfriend who says it. Maybe someone could contact Raymone again and get a longer statement to clear things out? I don´t know how to contact her.

Thanks very much for the news.

Fantastic article regarding the EBODY magazine photoshoot.

Like a majority of the fans in the community, Im really not sure what to think about the recent rumour of the J5 ruinion. It doesnt seem like the most commercial way to re-enter the music industry.

I think Raymone has a template in her mail saying 'not true'. It's actually in her signature I guess ;-)

I BELIEVE THAT! :lol:

Somebody's gonna catch her bluff sooner or later, f**k around and find her site with the signature "Not true" at the bottom while she's posing looking ruff with that blonde ponytail of hers flying. :lol:

I have to say I find it strange about the new years party specially since it is Janets boyfriend who says it. Maybe someone could contact Raymone again and get a longer statement to clear things out? I don´t know how to contact her.

Well when she's made a habit to say "not true", why you expect her to say more than that? :lol:

I like the comments too...

you know, Mike dominates.. 2 big holidays EVERY year... Christmas with the J5 Xmas songs (its played about 7times aday on my local radio station)...and Halloween for Thriller
Talking about MJ christmas album; for years I have been enjoying the same chrismas carol in the stores and didn't know it was little MJ singing until I actuall bought the J5 christmas album. I was just blown away. He is part and parcel of christmas, but I wonder how many people know that. MJ rings out in our ears every christmas and it would never be the same without him.:lol:

Talking about MJ christmas album; for years I have been enjoying the same chrismas carol in the stores and didn't know it was little MJ singing until I actuall bought the J5 christmas album. I was just blown away. He is part and parcel of christmas, but I wonder how many people know that. MJ rings out in our ears every christmas and it would never be the same without him.:lol:

yeah... and I can see why he sued Universal to get his back pay on J5 stuff... If I remember correctly, any J5 usage after 1980 .. he/his bros are to get paid on ...for music and image

makes me wish had both the Motown catalog as he proposed to do back in 1995 but I can see it would have put him in a very uncomfortable position to own the music of the people who knew him as LITTLE Michael.. the Marvin's.. the Diana Ross's....

Last edited:
yeah... and I can see why he sued Universal to get his back pay on J5 stuff... If I remember correctly, any J5 usage after 1980 .. he/his bros are to get paid on ...for music and image

makes me wish had both the Motown catalog as he proposed to do back in 1995 but I can see it would have put him in a very uncomfortable position to own the music of the people who knew him as LITTLE Michael.. the Marvin's.. the Diana Ross's....
The Jackson's must have made a lot of money for Motown, Think of all MJ's new fans who went out and bought his early work. This has not happened to anyother motown stars. Berry gordy should have just given MJ his catalogue. The jacksons payed for it several times over.B)

Thanks for the news.

*Sigh*. I really hope that NYE party in the ATL is true because I want MJ to be there! I don't know why Ms. Bain said it is not true when JD is saying otherwise. Then again, he (JD) never mentioned that MJ was going to be there. It was assumed because when you heard people say "The Jackson 5" or "The Jacksons" the very first person you think about is not Jermaine but Michael. So, people start to assume that MJ is going to be there. I don't wanna start bashing Raymone or JD, I would just wait and see what happens. If you listen to the audio, JD was very serious when he was talking about that party. Very serious. So I doubt that he is lying.

BTW, wasn't that article about MJ being on the cover of Ebony magazine posted here before?

I found more news:

Michael Jackson's legal deadline

Dec 13, 2007, 13:30 GMT

Michael Jackson has been given 25 days to submit financial information to a
California law firm or face handing over massive unpaid legal fees.

Yesterday (12.12.07), a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ordered Jackson to provide records to Ayscough and Marar - who he employed during his child molestation case in 2005 - or pay the $256,000 in unpaid legal fees the firm were awarded in a judgement against him in July.

Judge James C. Chalfant said: "While the court has no reason to doubt the sincerity of the representations of his attorneys, the fact of the matter is that under law, Jackson must provide further responses to the law firm's request, particularly since he agreed to do so through the meet-and-confer process."

Jackson's lawyer Marshall L. Brubacher told the judge his client would be able to come up with the funds in nine days, once he has finished the refinancing of his Neverland Ranch in California.

Brubacher also said sorting through Jackson's financial documents could take longer than 25 days.

He said: "I went to Neverland last week, and it's a mammoth amount of work, because there are 30,000 boxes of financial documents."

Ayscough and Marar's lawyer Michael McCarthy countered: "Thirty-thousand boxes, that's not even credible."

During the child molestation case in 2005, Jackson used Ayscough and Marar to perform tasks such as obtaining court orders to block information from being publicly released.

In July, it was ordered Jackson must pay the firm $216,837 in unpaid legal fees and $39,177 in interest.

The 49-year-old singer is already appealing a second judgement in October ordering him to cover the $175,000 in lawyer's fees the firm spent hiring outside lawyers in the case.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1380787.php/Michael_Jacksons_legal_deadline

Last edited:
I found more news:

Michael Jackson's legal deadline

Isn't that a copy of an article that was already posted? Maybe it just wasn't in the news thread. I think RF was the originator anyway.

Last edited:
I can't believe we got the word from Jet that Michael says he may do a small tour and noone is noticing it. Is everyone in here dead?

Back