What's the reason to not buy or buy Thriller 25?

Red*

Proud Member
Sorry if it's been already posted.

Will you buy Thriller 25? What's your reason to buy or not to buy it?

I will not hide I am skeptic about it cause it's all old material with few remixes in nowdays sounds. At least that's how it looks like. I already have Thriller so why should I buy one more? Just cause it has new package or few old songs in new version? I wonder how much would it cost then?

Isn't there enough with old stuff and Greatest Hist already?

I know Michaels gotta put food on the table too, but I don't see this moneymaking project as an "EFFORT".
How many times are we gonna have to buy the same stuff all over again? I bought "Number Ones" Just to support my boy.I bought "Essentials" for the same reason, I sure as hell aint buying this thing now. "Thriller" has become a burden, I know it sold like hot cakes but If you ask a real fan they'l point to "Dangerous" I hate how they make as if its the best Michael has done, and to a certian extent Michael lets them..

In my opinion Thriller is not his best album. Maybe it was in those times cause those were different times and people were different, music world was different. But I didn't live in those times. I was born after Thriller.

And I haven't bought any Greatest Hits. Just Ultimate Collection just cause it had DVD. Ok, and songs we haven't heard at all. I don't like remixes at all so I am not interested in them. And I also heard For All Time which is a great song. but I am not going to spend so much money for one song even if it's in better version than I have.

There is no reason. Whoever wants to buy he will and whoever doesn't he won't. As simple as that!

Last edited:
i wont be buying it cause im not a fan of relelases. and the remixes on its own arent enough for me to spend the amount of money which it cost. especially in the uk were prices are a rip off and if it only comes with the DVD and u cant buy it seperatly you will be looking at around $40 at least. so ill wait for it to be sold off o nthe cheap as the front covers are very nice and id just buy it for that reason

I think of THRILLER 25 as a stamp in HISTORY marking 25 years after the BEST SELLING album of all time. Yes I believe it could have been put together in a much greater way.. Non the less, I believe Michael is USING the re-release of 'Thriller' with the remixes of the "HOTT" artists of today as a tool to send out HIS music to there fans.. The newer/younger generation.. A TOOL to get Michaels name the TALK among the generation in a positive and musical way.. That way when Michael begins to release his NEW projects.. The spot light will ALL READY be on him in a larger way....

I'll be buying it..

I think of THRILLER 25 as a stamp in HISTORY marking 25 years after the BEST SELLING album of all time. Yes I believe it could have been put together in a much greater way.. Non the less, I believe Michael is USING the re-release of 'Thriller' with the remixes of the "HOTT" artists of today as a tool to send out HIS music to there fans.. The newer/younger generation.. A TOOL to get Michaels name the TALK among the generation in a positive and musical way.. That way when Michael begins to release his NEW projects.. The spot light will ALL READY be on him in a larger way....

I'll be buying it..

I agree. I'll be buying it too. I have to say that whenever I talk to people now about Michael, most of them grew up before and with Thriller and they make the usual warped judgement that Michael was so great back in the day and now he's nothing. There is a whole new bunch of people out there now who were raised hearing that Michael is some kind of has-been and a terrible person on top of that. I think Michael is trying to reach out to those people with this since the younger generation is always the main target in the music market anyway. And also as a retrospectral springboard for his new material.

Last edited:
Thriller is my least fav MJ album, but I will buy it. I actually think it's a great idea to re-release it for the 25th anniversary and I'm sure MJ's/Sony's idea is also to create a buzz for the new album! Nevertheless, this project had to happen...it's a celebration of a turning point in Pop culture!
Thriller is probably the most iconic album ever and I would love to see this edition on the top of the charts, in the Uk and Us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9iK-Yb-M0

Last edited:
I will buy it,first of all because I don't have Thriller on CD,and second of all for that "For all time" demo,because it's different than the one from the Dangerous session.Also,Thriller 25 will help raise the number of sales of the "Thriller" album.I know that nothing will ever top Thriller,but I still like to see the number of unites soled go higher and higher. :D

I'll buy it ...l'd be curious as to what the remixes will sound like...and you can only get the true essence of those from a CD..

I know Michaels gotta put food on the table too, but I don't see this moneymaking project as an "EFFORT".
How many times are we gonna have to buy the same stuff all over again? I bought "Number Ones" Just to support my boy.I bought "Essentials" for the same reason, I sure as hell aint buying this thing now. "Thriller" has become a burden, I know it sold like hot cakes but If you ask a real fan they'l point to "Dangerous" I hate how they make as if its the best Michael has done, and to a certian extent Michael lets them..
I agree. I hate it how it's all about Thriller and all the other (better) albums get no credit. Surely Thriller was and still is but please this is too much.
I bought the SE of Thriller cuz there was some new interesting material. So I have it now on 2 CD's.
Dangerous, which was voted as the fans favorite album, got hardly a mention on its 15th anniversary. What's gonna happen when it turns 20yo in 4 years? People will just talk about Thriller's 30th anniversary.

I don't know whether to buy Thriller 25 or not. It would be a nice collectors item but the content itself we all got it and what's this stuff about Akon and Fergie and who else singing the songs, oh god. Please, not for me.

I've already hear the WBSS track with Akon.... that sounded very FLAT

I thought I was listening to a concert recording or something. Certainly didn't get me excited at all. Some tracks weren't meant to be sung by anyone other than the original artist. MJ just has that ZING! in his music 'specially the Thriller Era song.

I'm all for the re-release though. It's good, get's the young ones buying the music and listening, understanding why we the older folk love MJ's sound.
I won't be buying it though. I have had enough of re-releases. I'll just play my Thriller CD in my car and at my job and celebrate that way.

According to Paul from MJNO, MJ recorded a new verse and adlibs for WBSS

The girl is mine also has a new verse (different version)

And For All Time is remastered and has a new bridge. Sooo I plan on getting it. LOL

BTW, according to paul The Girl Is Mine will be released Jan 17th, first DIGITALLY and second on CD.

I won't buy it... But I think I'll give it as a Christmas present to some friends.

And a agree with you; Thriller isn't Michael's best album. The best album in human history is BAD...

well everyone has different opinions on what MJ's best album. But THriller is his most commercially successful album...it's influenced pop music as we know it today, and opened many doors for a lot of people.

And MJ's hella proud of it :lol: So I think thats more than enough reason lol

I will be buying it because I want to hear the remixes-it's just not the same downloading them or getting them elsewhere, I want that version of "For All Time", I want the version with the book so I can look at the photos. I want to add to the number of copies sold of the album so it stays the biggest selling album of all time. I think Thriller 25 is a way of getting people interested in him so I think if this album is successful its more likely that people will be interested in his future recordings. I did say though before that I'm not buying any rereleases but its the 25th anniversary of Thriller for gods sake its not coming round again lol^_^

Human history? :lol:

The best MJ album was and will always be "Off the Wall" but that's the soul brother in me. B)

Nothin beats Off the Wall T-Man!

Get up won't you g'on down
Shake your body won't you g'on get down
Get up won't you g'on down
Shake your body won't you g'on get down

with this Thriller 25 and all of previous Greatest Hits albums I am feeling used to get more money out of me :lol: so that's why I am not selling like that:p

Thriller is more than just good songs on an album... its a landmark - historical piece that changed the music industry....artist performances.. marketing... and artist earnings....

Hell yeah.. I will be buying the 25th Anniversary.........and there will be millions of Americans.. doing the same...

Last edited:
I wont be buying it because all the new tracks on it are by other artists and not by Michael. If there were 4 unreleased songs on it then I would buy it. It seems to me that most fans are not interested in this.

I wont be buying it because all the new tracks on it are by other artists and not by Michael. If there were 4 unreleased songs on it then I would buy it. It seems to me that most fans are not interested in this.

i thought the 4 tracks were being released as duets or something?

Most of those fans are probably like me, seen one too many re-releases and have lost interest in spending money on music they already have. Especially now a days where you can get those "unreleased" and "remixed tracks" directly from your PC without paying a cent.

I'm more than happy to help celebrate the Thriller and will be doing my bit promotional wise. But I'm past the days of buying something just because it's Michael.

I don't want to be Mr Negative, I know that for most fans that this will be a great thing to collect for the 25th anniversary and will look great on the shelf with all the other MJ albums. So if you're excited about it go for it! You'll be pleased.

To the person who was worrrying about the new acts/sounds making MJ sound dated.... from what I've heard they don't have anything on him ;)

Back