Rumor: MJ to play dates at London arena *ALL TOPICS MERGED*

elusive moonwalker

Guests
It was my first thought when Prince announced it, that Mike could easily do this.

Here's more 'info'

THRILLER UK!
ABOVE: Wacko Jacko is back!14th December 2007 Your Shout
MICHAEL JACKSON is being lined up for a Prince-style residency at London’s O2 Arena.

The capital’s shiny venue has become enormously popular with star performers since being revamped from its former Millennium Dome status.

Prince, 49, Take That, Justin Timberlake, 26, and Kanye West, 30, have all played incredible gigs at the venue, which this weekend hosts some group called the Spice Girls. And now Jacko, who is desperate to sort his cash-flow problems with a 2008 tour, is in the O2 frame.

Gamble

An insider told me: “The general consensus is that Jacko has the fan base to attract enough gig-goers from all over the world to make this a huge success.

“Booking the O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem like a big gamble on his and his promoters’ part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Jacko
cover his back catalogue.”

It’s not just Jacko’s huge range of smash hits such as Thriller and Earth Song that is getting fans excited all over again.
The 49-year-old’s new album looks set to be a return to his old top form – after a wobbly few years – since working with super-producer will.i.am. The Black Eyed Peas dude, 32, told me: “There was never any question about working with him at all. Michael’s a legend.

“It’s always about the music for me. If I admire someone’s work, I’ll work with them. The stuff we’ve been working on is really exciting. We’re inspired.”

Meanwhile, live music promoter AEG Europe’s top dog David Campbell hinted the shows would take place next autumn.
Campbell said: “We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008.”

Another of the legendary names in the frame, I hear, is Whitney Houston.
Like Jacko, the 44-year-old has had her wobbles, but Whitney looked better than ever recently at Fashion Rocks where she introduced Sugababes.

Amelle Berrabah, 23, told me: “It was amazing to meet her and have her say she was a fan. She can totally come back.”

Move over Spice Girls – the comebacks of 2008 are starting now.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/.../Thriller-UK-/

intresting considering mjs mention of things happening in europe next year and lardass mentioned the same promoter in one of his articles. one of the companies i work for has the security contract at the said arena have to if theres any talk. also the below was posted b4 the above story broke

Someone working at the "events department" for the 02 Arena in London told a friend of mine (mj fan too) that somebody from mj's camp contacted them to close a deal to perform at the venue for a week.

Re: Unconfirmed Rumour. MJ to play dates at London arena

I hope the "3 beers short of a six-pack" Wanda Ruberti isn't publicizing this...(rolling my eyes!!) LOL!!

Interesting :mello: I think there might be a slight chance for this to be true.

Although I have to say that article makes a lot of hateful comments

It's a great idea for Michael to do this - though I wonder why it's taken this long to consider it. He said he doesn't want tour - and taking up a residency at the 02 seems to be the next best thing. It's better than playing Vegas as some has-been too.

But one week isn't long enough. He could beat Prince's run, show the world he still has it, and earn a load of money in the process.

I can't help being a skeptic though. Will there be another Avram lawsuit? Will it actually happen or will this - if a deal is indeed signed - be another c**k-up like everything else the past seven years.?

But one week isn't long enough. He could beat Prince's run, show the world he still has it, and earn a load of money in the process.
true but it would cost fans a fortune so a week will do me lol also he may do shows in other countries in europe aswell so it might not just be the 02.time will tell

It just sounds like speculation to me ...

This was something that was pounding in the back of my head all the while I was watching Prince perform at O2 arena this summer.

If this is true..it would be amazing..Michael I reckon can still sell out Wembley should he wish to!

Wow intresting i hope its true but then again it might not be

It's a load of monkey's caca till we get confirmation.

This WOULD be a good test....a good indicator of his drawing power...

we'll see about this

I would like someone to ask Ms. Baine but I doubt that she'd say anything to confirm it if Michel is doing it seceretly..

All I know is if it is TRUE we should find out FAR in advanced for fans to save up to go..

There is SOME truth to this....but A LOT MORE (hint) truth will be revealed eventually...

That's all I'm saying. :)

How cool that would be!

I sure hope it's true that Mike will be back performing on a short tour like he said he would. People who only know him for his celebrity have to find out WHY he was famed for so long in the first place. I'm sure he still has the "magic touch".

If this makes Michael Jackson happy, I so hope he will perform in London, but I, especially hope, he will, also, perform here in his American homeland.^_^

If this makes Michael Jackson happy, I so hope he will perform in London, but I, especially hope, he will, also, perform here in his American homeland.^_^

A performence in America would be good but i wonder how the non fans would react to it

They would become fans.

Not all of them would i know a few older people who didn't like MJ when he first came onto the Music secene so not everybody has to like him each is to there own ;)

I'll just wait and see what happens, but this seems like something he would be looking at doing, taking small steps back, little by little....its all good.

I hope this news is true. Very interesting to read. Thanks for posting.

These people are still calling him by that name. You people know what I am talking about.

Since this article again mentions O2 Arena, I am going to repost an article that I first shared with the community in July which comes from the Ireland Daily Mirror:

---
(Story from July 2007)

EXCLUSIVE: MJ hunts for Irish venue to thrill fans on world tour

Irish Daily Mirror
Paul Martin
Showbiz Section

July 27, 2007

POP king Michael Jackson has asked promoters to find a venue to stage a massive outdoor show in Ireland next summer.

The Thriller star contacted top music figures in Dublin last week to reveal his plans for a tour.

As well as 10 dates at London's O2 Arena he wants to perform in Ireland - the country where he rebuilt his life after the child abuse trial.

A top insider told the Irish Daily Mirror: "The hunt is on to find the ideal venue for a Jackson gig.

"Croke Park would be too big and Lansdowne Road is being re-built so they are out.

"The RDS is being looked at because he performed there on the History tour in 1997.

"There are also other venues being considered that haven't been used for gigs before.

"Michael really wants to do the Dublin show as part of a 100- date world tour."

Jackson, 48, also revealed his plans for an Irish show to Samantha Mumba when he met her in Los Angeles last month.

Dublin pop babe Sam, 24, said: "He said he can't wait to come to Ireland and may be doing a gig at some stage."

Jackson is putting the finishing touches to his new album in America and will release it in November.

He will release a string of singles and then hit the road for a money-spinning tour that could make him up to (EUR) $100 Million.

Other high-profile dates in Paris, Munich, Berlin and Prague are also being planned. The star also looked at the option of staging a residency slot in Las Vegas - but sources say he is desperate to visit Europe.

One insider revealed: "This is the biggest tour of Michael's life -- he wants to reinstate his title as the King of Pop.

"He still has the power to sell-out the biggest venues around the world and is determined to show people that he still has the magic."

Last edited:

I think Michael should focus on performing at select locations in the United States as well...including New York, Chicago, and California.

I'm praying this is true...and if it is, i'm soo gonna get a ticket n go even if it's like £1000! LOL!

If this is true i'm sooooooooo going to at least one off the gigs with my best friend but need to wait for confromation from Raymone but she'll probably deny it as usual

He will release a string of singles and then hit the road for a money-spinning tour that could make him up to (EUR) $100 Million.
This is true as from his message to us, he also did mention short tour
but why only London?
Even if he performs in America,the floodgates will still open to the fans from ALL OVER the world cranking up ticket sales.

But then again RF is cited in that video I don't know anymore?:lol:

Last edited:

i doubt it would only be London. its just talking about london only because its being reported in the UK media. Also u have what prince did earlier in the year so the reports are probably based off that aswell interms of what someone might do.also if mj doesnt want to do a proper tour just stay in one place for a bit.its obviously easier on him but it doesnt mean he wont do shows in other cities. london free tabloids are saying between 7-10 shows.

Back