December 14, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Hello everyone! Yeahhhhhhhh it's the weekend and so how is everyone doing? Didn't see a news thread for today so that is why it's late as I just logged on. ;)Well there is alot to report about all these unconfirmed rumors about Michael and the Jacksons going on tour and such. You may discuss the tour rumors here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43488

and the New Year's Eve performance here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43450

Michael Jackson News:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4324199a1860.html

Jackson 5 to perform on New Year's Eve

The Jackson 5 will make their comeback performance on New Year's Eve with "the biggest party ever seen".

The legendary pop siblings - including Michael - will be flown in by helicopter to perform a selection of their greatest hits at Atlanta's Studio 72 Club to celebrate their sister Janet's engagement to music producer Jermaine Dupri.
Dupri, who is organising the event, told US radio station V-103: "It's the Jackson 5 party. I swear to you it's going to be the biggest party ever seen. At midnight I'm going to empty the whole club and put everyone in the parking lot and I'm going to light the lot up with a fireworks show."
Last month, it was revealed brothers Michael, Jermaine, Marlon, Tito and Jackie would embark on a world tour in 2008.
Jermaine said: "Michael will be involved. We want to tour. We want to touch the lives of everybody who's bought our records and supported us."
The Jackson 5 enjoyed huge success in the '70s with hits like ABC, I'll Be There and Blame It On The Boogie.
Their last record was 2300 Jackson Street in 1989. They have not performed live together since their Victory World Tour in 1984.

Jackson 5 Performing At Jermaine Dupri's New Year's Eve Bash: Fact Or Fiction?

Producer gives MTV News the exclusive lowdown

Are they or aren't they?
According to multiple published reports, the Jackson 5 were set to appear at Jermaine Dupri's J5-themed New Year's Eve bash at the multiplatinum producer's Studio 78 nightclub in Atlanta.
JD supposedly announced the famed quintuplet's appearance at his party while hosting his radio show on Atlanta's V-103. But in a statement released exclusively to MTV News, JD clarified his comments.
" 'Jermaine Dupri and Friends' is a Jackson 5 celebration," he explained, "meaning music is in the air and lots of J5 loving everywhere. [But] if you're coming to stargaze and not party, don't come."
Jermaine Jackson recently confirmed that the Jacksons are attempting to reunite for a tour early next year, and he said high-profile siblings Michael and Janet were onboard. But according to the New York Post, JD was said to be against Janet — his girlfriend — participating. A source told the newspaper that the producer was insistent Jackson stay in the studio recording her next album, due next year on her new label, Island Def Jam, where JD serves as an executive. The report also said that JD allegedly wanted to distance Janet from Michael specifically for fear of her getting sucked into some of the bad press he has received.
Amid the rumors of tension between Dupri and the Jackson family, the producer spoke of the group and announced his New Year's Eve plans over the radio airwaves.
A representative for JD said the producer didn't exclude the Jackson 5 from the party, but he wanted to emphasize that the gala was primarily a theme celebration, not a promoted event featuring the legendary group.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Michael+Jackson-18850.html

Michael Jackson's London run

Michael Jackson is set to perform a residency at London's O2 arena next year.
The eccentric star - whose finances have allegedly been dwindling away since his 2005 child molestation case, of which he was acquitted of all charges - hopes a lengthy run can ease his money problems.
A source said: "The general consensus is that Michael has the fan base to attract enough people from all over the world to make this a huge success.
Comment on this Article
"Booking The O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem a big gamble on his and his promoters' part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Michael cover his back catalogue."
The president of live music promoter AEG Europe, David Campbell, refused to confirm the rumours, but revealed a big star would be coming to the 20,000 capacity arena next autumn.
He said: "We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008."
Whitney Houston is rumoured to be the other artist taking up a "big residency" next year.
If the proposed shows go ahead, Michael will be following in the footsteps of his former pop rival Prince who thrilled the UK capital with a 21-night residency last summer.
A host of music stars have played the impressive venue this year, including Justin Timberlake, Led Zeppelin, Take That and the Spice Girls, who launch the UK leg of their world tour there tomorrow (15.12.07).

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...entPK=19262984&folderPk=112383&pNodeId=188965

Jackson to play O2 Arena?

Michael Jackson is rumoured to be set to follow in Prince's footsteps by taking up a residency at London's O2 Arena.

The King Of Pop, 49, who has worked with Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am on his new album, looks set to make a massive comeback next year if he takes over the O2 stage, reports the Daily Star.

A source told the paper: "The general consensus is that Jacko has the fanbase to attract enough gig-goers from all over the world to make this a huge success."

The insider added: "Booking the O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem like a big gamble on his and his promoter's part but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Jackson cover his back catalogue."

Meanwhile, will.i.am spilled the beans on why he chose to get involved with Jackson's next album.

The 32-year-old said: "There was never any question about working with him. Michael's a legend. It's always about the music for me. If I admire someone's work, I'll work with them. The stuff we've been working on is really exciting. We're inspired."

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/12498571.html

James doesn't like $40 glove
Star player's chief complaint: 'I don't look good with it on'

The black Velcro, nylon and padded glove covers the top of James' left hand while another piece of fabric protects his index and middle fingers. It looks like the cross between what a cyclist and bowler would wear and is not at all attractive. James isn't going for a Michael Jackson retro look, so he doesn't much care for its look. But he appreciates its purpose

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...entPK=19260026&folderPk=103546&pNodeId=244911

Goffey and Coombes came onto the tiny stage half way through the Radar club night. It was evident that the majority of the crowd had come just to watch their short but sweet half hour set that kicked off with a cover of Michael Jackson's Beat It. Introducing themselves as Duke Diamond and Randy Hoo Ha the twosome where greeted with cheers. Coombes was suitably impressed by audience chants of "The duke is on fire!," responsing "Well done for coming up with that in just ten minutes

http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=661274

Sexy Nonhle Talks to Us

Q. Who is the one person you still want to interview on your show and why?

A.I’ve met so many people but yet there are so many I still want to meet. I would love to chat to Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Beyonce, Jay Z, P Diddy, Oprah and Mr Nelson Mandela.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/live/live.html?in_article_id=502379&in_page_id=1889

What music does Prince William like clubbing to? Just ask DJ Sam Young

Despite having a dad who has, for more than a quarter of a century, been on first-name terms with the cream of Hollywood royalty, Sam's first steps on the path to being a successful DJ were endearingly naff. His childhood idols were Michael Jackson and MC Hammer, and his earliest forays into dance music involved organising dance competitions at primary school to find the under-11 with the best "Hammer dance."

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1139318

If you are someone who loves Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Shaggy and the Beatles, then this is one show you wouldn't want to miss. For today evening will see the students of Dance Kids, which claims to be the only dance school in India with international affiliations, perform a series of dances (right from the 1930s to the year 2015!) - at the Sophia Bhabha auditorium.

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1991 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's pop albums chart.

1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Gone Too Soon" was released.

Last edited:
Thanks for the news, DM.

It looks like MTV believed that silly rumor that the NYP made regarding JD and the Jackson family. LOL. Why am I not shocked?

Look, I donot know why JD made it seem like MJ and the brothers would be there when he said "the Jackson 5" because it seems like, when I read the statement, that JD is backpeddling. LOL. Goodness.

Oh, and DM, don't apologized for being late. It is OK.

All credit goes to TSCM for the following. Found it on MJNO.

PETA should see this, maybe then they won't make the mistake of accusing Michael of animal abuse or neglect again. Michael is a true animal advocate and he's provided sanctuary and protection for many endangered species.

Here is the picture of the tigers Thriller and Sabu that Tippi Hedren gave to Ellen DeGeneres as a gift on Thursday's show:

20071213_Tigers_Shambala.jpg

SEGMENT TRANSCRIPT

DeGeneres: For over 24 years, she's dedicated her life to protecting endangered felines. Please welcome an extraordinary woman, Tippi Hedren.

DeGeneres: Good to see you...

Hedren: I brought you Christmas presents.

DeGeneres: Oh, thank you. Oh my God.

Hedren: This is Thriller and Sabu.

DeGeneres: Aww.

Hedren: They were living at Michael Jackson's place.

DeGeneres: They were Michael Jackson's?

Hedren: Mmm hmm.

DeGeneres: And how were they? Were they in pretty good shape?

Hedren: Oh, they were in great shape.

DeGeneres: Good, good.

Hedren: They were just as beautiful-- they came looking like that.

DeGeneres: So they were taken care of? This is an example of animals that were actually taken care of?

Hedren: Yes. Yes.

DeGeneres: That's amazing.

I was listening to TRL radio countdown this morning and they interviewed this new artist called THE DREAM... he wrote J Holiday's song PUT U TO BED.. he is also married to an artist called Nivea...

anyways... he started as a songwriter and wrote some songs for Mary J Blige that is not our MJ.. ... this is what he said when asked about what he thinks of music today

"the problem with music today is content..they are not saying anything.. Prince and Michael Jackson wrote great songs.. and Michael Jackson.. people think of him as just an entertainter.. but he is an amazing songwriter .. he wrote a lot of incredible songs.

it sounded like he was live at the TRL studio during the interview.. so alot of young folks here him say this...

Last edited:
I was listening to TRL radio countdown this morning and they interviewed this new artist called THE DREAM... he wrote J Holiday's song PUT U TO BED.. he is also married to an artist called Nivea...

anyways... he started as a songwriter and wrote some songs for MJ .. ... this is what he said when asked about what he thinks of music today

it sounded like he was live at the TRL studio during the interview.. so alot of young folks here him say this...

Interesting. Thank you for posting this. The Dream also wrote the monster hit, "Umbella" from Rihanna.

awww look at them!!!

they're sooo cuuuteee *wishes she could squish them*

I love tigers ^_^

:lol:

They're beautiful, aren't they? Tigers are amazing cats, I wish more people would respect them.

And thanks for that Rasta, I'm glad to see people acknowledging Michael's songwriting prowess.

thanks..

hey guys don't forget to check out the THRILLER banners on the Michael Jackson: Present & Future thread.. Pages 96 and 97

Back