December 16, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Good morning everyone! Right now there is no new news but a few mentionings.

Reminder: Don't forget that tomorrow Monday, December 17, 2007 that the Jet magazine will be out in newstands so check your stores! :cool:

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/1215biz-threestores1216.html

On the first Saturday in December, sound seemed to come from every direction in the store. Ranchero music was blaring, Michael Jackson was moon walking across a giant TV screen and children were banging out rhythms on drums in the music section.

"I really like it here - there's just something about it," said Ana Lozano, 15, of Phoenix, who said she hopes her parents will buy her an iPod at La Curacao.

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...aks-up-with-ron-to-spare-hillary-1248624.html

A power player in the world of political fundraising, the flashy supermarket mogul turned real-estate magnate has channeled an estimated $50m into Democratic coffers over the past 15 years. He has also cultivated his image as a playboy (squiring actress Kate Hudson and model Gisele Bunchen around) and a Hollywood player who likes to hangs out with colourful close pals including Michael Jackson and Steven Bing.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...objectid=20255658&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' pounded out before kick-off - and what followed on the pitch was exactly that.

Roman Bednar struck a post from Gera's excellent cross before Chris Powell was pressed into emergency action on the half hour to hack Bostjan Cesar's shot off the goal-line after a scramble in the box.

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/client/pagesdetails.asp?nid=9430&ccid=13

AP: Did you always want to be an artist?
The-Dream: Everybody wants to be an artist. I grew up in the ‘80s. You know – Michael. I don’t care who the hardest person is, everybody wanted a red jacket with zippers on it. Everybody wanted a glove. I remember my mom bought me a Michael Jackson CD. I’ve been in (a) band since third grade, so musically, I was already inclined to do such things. When I graduated, right in twelfth grade, I joined this (other) band. It was a group of us – like five of us in a little singing group. (Writing) came in like 2000. I just noticed like “Oh, wow, I’m pretty witty. And oh – Jermaine Dupri makes a lot of money off of being pretty witty, after he honed in on his craft.” So I just honed in on it and that’s what kinda made it pop. And when it came back around time again to do the artist thing, I was like, “Let me get control of when my stuff comes out.” Because you don’t want to give a record to an artist – I got so many records man, that just sit ... So to me, I was just wanting to control the way my records came out, so by me singing ‘em, that kinda controls exactly when the record comes out.

http://www.latimes.com/features/pri...16,0,5824964.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-image

[COLOR=#333333! important]She armed Indy and thrilled Michael. Now this costume designer has written a history of her craft, telling the tales behind the styles.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#999999! important]By Steffie Nelson, Special to The Times
December 16, 2007 [/COLOR]
SHE put the bullwhip in Indiana Jones' hand, and the dark suits and shades on the Blues Brothers. She sent a zillion leather manufacturers into overdrive, knocking off the zippered red jacket worn by Michael Jackson in the "Thriller" video.

http://www.latimes.com/features/pri...16,0,4066944.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-image

In Hollywood, aviators never strayed too far from the spotlight. They've shaded the famous faces of Robert Redford, Michael Jackson and Angelina Jolie. They are a perennial classic on the runways too, at Michael Kors and Gucci. And though aviators do get updated with oversized lenses and sleeker materials, their sloping frames will always accentuate the cheekbones.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1381394.php/Leona_Lewis_first_song

Leona Lewis could sing before she learnt to talk.
The 'Bleeding Love' singer revealed her first memory is of singing along to Michael Jackson songs in her dad's car when she was "really tiny".
Leona said: "My dad was a part-time radio DJ and I probably get my musical influences from him.
"I remember listening to Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson songs. I used to sing in my dad's car a lot - when I was really tiny before I could even talk. I'd be singing and he'd turn down the music, then turn it up again. That's my first strong memory."

Michael Jackson HIStory:

2003 - Michael Jackson's album "Number Ones" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

2004 - FOX News reported that Deborah Rowe had been subpoenaed to testify in the Michael Jackson child-molestation case.

The-Dream: Everybody wants to be an artist. I grew up in the ‘80s. You know – Michael. I don’t care who the hardest person is, everybody wanted a red jacket with zippers on it. Everybody wanted a glove. I remember my mom bought me a Michael Jackson CD.

Guess this guys a fan. Its cool to see someone acknowledging Michael's songwriting talent for once.

The-Dream: Everybody wants to be an artist. I grew up in the ‘80s. You know – Michael. I don’t care who the hardest person is, everybody wanted a red jacket with zippers on it. Everybody wanted a glove. I remember my mom bought me a Michael Jackson CD.

Guess this guys a fan. Its cool to see someone acknowledging Michael's songwriting talent for once.

yep... this is the guy I heard on TRL countdown yesterday.. and recently saw that he is on Janet's upcoming album too...

Here is some more information on The Dream.......................

Terius Youngdell Nash better known by his stage name The-Dream, is an American singer and songwriter. He rose to fame following the writing of hits including Rihanna's "Umbrella" and J. Holiday's "Bed".

Born in North Carolina and raised in Atlanta by his grandfather, The-Dream (born Terius Youngdell Nash) made his name writing for acts including B2K, 3LW, Mýa and Nivea (who was[citation needed] his wife), before sending Rihanna "Umbrella," which he wrote in a matter of twelve minutes. As for his stage name, Nash picked up "The-Dream" from his uncle as early as the age of 10, when he told Nash that he needed for him to be "the dream now" and "to have goals for higher things."

After the major success of "Umbrella", Nash began working on various projects, as well as completing his debut studio album, Love Hate which was written and recorded in only nine days and co-produced by his writing and production partner, Tricky Stewart. The first single off the album, "Shawty Is a 10" has garnered a steady following peaking so far at number six on the Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100. Following the success of "Umbrella", Nash would write the chart-topping song "Bed", which is sung by J. Holiday. The song would later spark a feud between Chris Brown and Nash.

Nash has completed new material for Usher, Mary J. Blige, Sting, Keyshia Cole, Britney Spears, will.i.am, and Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls.
Another hit that Nash is credited for known as "Bed", sparked a short feud with singer Chris Brown, whom Nash has vowed to never work with again. The feud started when Brown claimed to Vibe that the song was originally his. Nash replied to the comment stating,

"The track was considered for Chris Brown -- he thought it was his -- but it was my record and I decided to give it up to J. Holiday," explains The-Dream. "Chris said the record won't be No. 1 unless he's on it. I bet someone $500,000 that it would go to No. 1 and I collected my money just last week."

Nash also stated that Brown currently has a track which he wrote for him and was already paid for, but would like to "give the money back" explaining, "At the end of the day, I'm big on principle and loyalty. Put that to bed." However, Nash would eventually dispel his comments and the feud with Brown issuing the following statement,

I'm apologizing for comments directed toward Chris Brown on Billboard.com. I spoke to Chris and I advised him that when he made the statement I was disappointed because he said things that were in my direction and that since I'm the only public figure surrounding the song "Bed," I took it as disrespect as well as the media and respected friends felt the same way.

Chris said the comments were towards another part of the situation surrounding the song and I stand here not to defend my comments but take full responsibility for my classless choice of talking through the media.

I apologize to Chris, Mark Pitts, and Jive Records.

Here is some more information on The Dream.......................

Terius Youngdell Nash better known by his stage name The-Dream, is an American singer and songwriter. He rose to fame following the writing of hits including Rihanna's "Umbrella" and J. Holiday's "Bed".

Born in North Carolina and raised in Atlanta by his grandfather, The-Dream (born Terius Youngdell Nash) made his name writing for acts including B2K, 3LW, Mýa and Nivea (who was[citation needed] his wife), before sending Rihanna "Umbrella," which he wrote in a matter of twelve minutes. As for his stage name, Nash picked up "The-Dream" from his uncle as early as the age of 10, when he told Nash that he needed for him to be "the dream now" and "to have goals for higher things."

After the major success of "Umbrella", Nash began working on various projects, as well as completing his debut studio album, Love Hate which was written and recorded in only nine days and co-produced by his writing and production partner, Tricky Stewart. The first single off the album, "Shawty Is a 10" has garnered a steady following peaking so far at number six on the Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100. Following the success of "Umbrella", Nash would write the chart-topping song "Bed", which is sung by J. Holiday. The song would later spark a feud between Chris Brown and Nash.

Nash has completed new material for Usher, Mary J. Blige, Sting, Keyshia Cole, Britney Spears, will.i.am, and Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls.
Another hit that Nash is credited for known as "Bed", sparked a short feud with singer Chris Brown, whom Nash has vowed to never work with again. The feud started when Brown claimed to Vibe that the song was originally his. Nash replied to the comment stating,

"The track was considered for Chris Brown -- he thought it was his -- but it was my record and I decided to give it up to J. Holiday," explains The-Dream. "Chris said the record won't be No. 1 unless he's on it. I bet someone $500,000 that it would go to No. 1 and I collected my money just last week."

Nash also stated that Brown currently has a track which he wrote for him and was already paid for, but would like to "give the money back" explaining, "At the end of the day, I'm big on principle and loyalty. Put that to bed." However, Nash would eventually dispel his comments and the feud with Brown issuing the following statement,

I'm apologizing for comments directed toward Chris Brown on Billboard.com. I spoke to Chris and I advised him that when he made the statement I was disappointed because he said things that were in my direction and that since I'm the only public figure surrounding the song "Bed," I took it as disrespect as well as the media and respected friends felt the same way.

Chris said the comments were towards another part of the situation surrounding the song and I stand here not to defend my comments but take full responsibility for my classless choice of talking through the media.

I apologize to Chris, Mark Pitts, and Jive Records.

thanks for that info and his song BED is listed under Sony/ATV
https://satv.sonydadc.com/sony_atv/...gion=zkS/EoiLZJnV9Yp8lxrBAw==&seed=2108726263

also UMBRELLA
https://satv.sonydadc.com/sony_atv/...ella&album=&writer=&artist=&keyword=&category=

As well as his own song.. SHAWTY IS A 10
https://satv.sonydadc.com/sony_atv/...album=&writer=DREAM&artist=&keyword=&category=

Another hit that Nash is credited for known as "Bed", sparked a short feud with singer Chris Brown

Ohhhhhhhhh, lol. See, Michael's smart, he never says anything about anyone. Well, he's genuninely nice on top of that and respects people.

I'm sooo excited about everything! Jet, Thriller 25, the NEW ALBUM!!! This year is gonna be awesome! Thanks for all the news!

Hmm. too bad the fans aren't being as positive as the above reports.

(((SINGS))) BECAUSE IT'S THRILLEEEEEEEEER, THRILLER NIGHT!

Of course they're gonna be positive. ;)

That's the main reason some people "defend" MJ: "man, I can't say nothing bad about Mike, look, he created Thriller, man!"

Last edited:
Huh? I know that was a joke but i don't get it :lol:

No, the point i was tryin to make is people moaning and groaning about this project in general. I understand people having an opinion, but they were moaning about this the moment it was announced...before any info came out about it...and still going! LOL And the funny thing is that the media seems to be nicer to MJ about this than his own fans are lol

the fact that the media is getting warmer is really great:)it will be eaiser for Michael to come with new music!

Back