Tell me why?

Red*

Proud Member
A question. What's the difference between Merilyn Manson and Michael? Before you click on Post button let me explain. There's a lot of crazy stories about Michael, that goes on circles for years. I assume that's cause people see him as a weird person. But for example isn't Manson look as weird? Why no one's talking about him the way they talk about Michael? Or for example, when Ozzy Osborne shows his naked ass to audience in his concert it's normal, if Michael would do it (yeah fans would go wild:lol:) but think about the fuss media would bring from it. Why other weird persons are normal but Michael stays weird?

Oh MAN!! Just the THOUGHT of seeing Mike's cheeks....uh oh....I better stop now before I'm banned from here for life..

Tell me why? Aint nothin but a heart ache :tongue:

Yeah there are tons of double standards in regards to MJ, but MJ gets a lot of hateration. And when someone has that much hateration directed towards him, then double standards are ignored.

I think it's the difference in the two cultures too to a certain extent. Michael Jackson is Pop music. It's meant to be the music that is ok for your children to listen to and it's all bubblegum and fun.
Ozzy Osbourne and Manson are rock music.. or shock rock music, there's an expectation and acceptance for shocking and crazy things for these rockers to do on and off stage.
Most of Ozzy's antic's along with Manson's and other's like Alice Cooper ... all those things happen on stage. That is an onstage persona and it is fully accepted that things like Iggy pop flashing his penis will occur on a rock stage.

i dunno, i think people just PUT mj into that genre lol. MJ's never encouraged the idea of him being put in a box like that. LOL

I don't put him in that box :lol:

and i'm not saying it's the full answer I just think that's part of it.

Plus folks don't arc up about his on stage behaviour, it's his offstage stuff, so the comparison between rock stars and MJ as in the first post don't really work.

No not YOU, just people in general with the label 'KOP'

And the stuff that MManson does DO carry on in his 'off stage' personality lol And same for Ozzy Osbourne.

I think it's the difference in the two cultures too to a certain extent. Michael Jackson is Pop music. It's meant to be the music that is ok for your children to listen to and it's all bubblegum and fun.
Ozzy Osbourne and Manson are rock music.. or shock rock music, there's an expectation and acceptance for shocking and crazy things for these rockers to do on and off stage.
I agree but I think it's also that for someone like Manson it's just an act, to have an alter ego that can be crazy and scary. Everybody knows Michael as just Michael. I've sometimes wondered why didn't Michael create an alter ego(s) like David Bowie did? It could have worked for him good.

Back