Who you find overrated and corny?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
come on now which artists or Groups and it can be in any era or time period do you find Overrated and corny?? speak on it and don't hold nothing back.

T- BLOODY PAIN IN THE ASS!!! I really don't see what people see in this clown. How the hell did he get a deal? Those voicebox effects get to me more than anything. What scares me is that he's one of the most popular acts today. I really think I should leave South Africa and move to America and hustle for a deal. I'm hella of alot better looking then T-Pain and I can sing much better than Chris Brown. I know that aint saying much but it seems like those are the minimum requirments to make it in the music bizz these days.Writing songs wont be diddicult too, all I have to do is sing bout the rims on my cars and how many "shawties" I scored with lasnight. And I aint even joking.

95% of the music industry is overrated now days.

As much as I like Van Halen, David Lee Roth gets on my nerves. I think he goes out of his way to act stupid. People make such a big happy deal over the fact that he's back with the group. Like there's no way he'll not pull the same crap on Van Halen that he did before. I seriously believe that they made a big mistake reuniting with him. After the way David acted at that press conference a while back and the reaction he got from it, that should have been a red light to the rest of them to kick him back out before he had a chance to drag them all down again. Because that told me he hadn't changed a bit in all years that he'd been gone. Sammy Hagar was much better as a lead singer and less annoying in general. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Justin Timberlake - His music is okay. It's just that the sounds are stuff we have heard before. No innovation imo. But, that's just the state of music right now in general.

Last edited:
I can't stand Eminem either. It's not just because of what he did to Michael. Nobody who is truely talented raps about hurting their own mother. That's just tacky and wrong. Flat out.

Last edited:
I can't stand Eminem either. It's not just because of what he did to Michael. Nobody who is truely talented raps about hurting their own mother. That's just tacky and wrong. Flat out.

Agree! I also find most of the artists today way overrated! The list is too long to fit in here :lol: I also find Madonna, JT, 50 cent and his crew, Jay z to name just a few, way overrated!!

Elvis Presley - It really irritates me when the media repeatedly try to shove him down everyone's throats all the frikin time. :innocent:

these artists are the first to come in mind...madonna,justin timberlake, britney. there are actually a lot and i agree with the observation that most artists today are over-rated:p

Last edited:
I think TLC are very underrated, ever since Lisa's passing they haven't got no reconigition or celebration for their achievements, they are iconic.

Britney Spears is sinfully overrated...

Elvis is overrated but not that overrated... even if an artist doesn't write their own songs, that doesn't mean they're not an amazing performer.

Timbaland is overrated. I don't get it, why is this guy everywhere?

Beyonce
Justin Timberlake
T-pain
Chris Brown
(There are ALOT of other artists overrated but these are the few that come to mind. I don't get what the BIG deal is about these folks.)
Everybody and they grandmama is overrated. Like somebody said before 95% of the music industry today is overrated. MUSIC now sucks booty. There is no innovation. There getting grammies and international awards over ish they don't even write. Whoever writing their ish writing about crap anyhow. Eveybody looks and sounds alike. If I see another artist trying to rip off MJ, Tina Turner or Janet Jackson. I will throw up but to resolve that I stick to good old fashion old skool because thats REAL music.

Last edited:
Anyone who hit the scene from 1995 on are overrated, lol.

I just can't STAND the acts today, they're so lame. Anyone who takes a look at the industry today and compares it to the industry 15 to 20 years ago and tells me that the standard HASN'T dropped, needs to get their eyes checked, big time.

Anyone who hit the scene from 1995 on are overrated, lol.

I just can't STAND the acts today, they're so lame. Anyone who takes a look at the industry today and compares it to the industry 15 to 20 years ago and tells me that the standard HASN'T dropped, needs to get their eyes checked, big time.

Preach it homie, my nostrils flare up just thinking about it LMAO but foreal I'm just tired of mediocrity getting praised when its crap. I'm tired of people/media acting like music today is good when its not. I just want GOOD music back.

Yeah, exactly. A big part of the problem, besides the signing of mediocre talent is, the music is just plain bad, no melody, no rhythm. Its basically overlapping loops over a span of 4 minutes. Suckers can't sing anymore, everyone dances but no one is really talented, its just so.... shi**y. No class either. Look out at award show audiences now, everyone looks like a hot mess. 20 years back, 15 years back, everyone was dressed nice and classy, they looked good. The performers consist of these rappers who make your ears bleed and instead of master vocalists, or master dancers, or master song writers, you have a bunch of jokers who do a little of all three but don't do any one exceptionally well. Just, sad.

Last edited:
The music that I think are overrated are R&B and Hip Hop. R&B is not fun to listen to anymore. Hip Hop is dying. I'm a dancer and sometimes I get mad because music isn't the same anymore. Artists aren't original. I can't stand it when they take beats and put it together. I can hear the programming of it. I'm a musician myself. They need to be their own work, not other people's.

Basically, 99% of musicians we know are "overrated." Otherwise we would not know who they are. For almost every musician that we know, there are at least several musicians who are equally good, and yet few people have even heard of. Those people are playing in local clubs and releasing their music from indie labels.

After all, few people knew Eva Cassidy had existed until after her death.

whats the big deal about Rhianna? and kanye i cant stand that doo-doo head. whining at the music awards, coming up with less than mediocre songs and then claiming to be much more significant to the music industry than he really is, also ripping edwin birdsong off after daft punk already came up with best possible cover.That pisses me off,seeing daft punk and kanye together on the rolling stones cover.

Timberlake is a weak Mj copy but who can blame him for wanting to be like Michael.I cant stand Akon either.

Beyonce...cant sing a love song with feeling to save her soul....Madonna cold as dead fish...Justine and Timbaland stealing beats from middle east and even though I love her Celine Dion never heard a song she wont cover

madonna only like a few songs per cd
beyonce don't see what the fuss is about
j-lo rips off janet

Celine Dion is about as good a singer as you can get. She isn't overrated. Just because she doesn't write her own music doesn't mean she isn't as good a vocalist as they say she is.

Back