Mary J Blige has caused a little controversy

Catherine..

Proud Member
In a recent interview with Digital Spy Mary J. Blige was asked about opting not to record the hit song “Umbrella” before it was given to Rihanna. This was her response:
“I’m not going to chase what [mainstream] fans like,” Blige told WENN. “It might work for a Mariah. It might work for a Beyonce. But Mary J. Blige is looked at as some sort of organic thing.”

This comment has caused a stirr within the online blogs, what do you think?

please Mary J Bliege will do anything for a hit and always works with trendy things. that album back in 04 with Puffy had desperation for something trendy. umbrella wouldn't have worked because it was too happy. Mary is always trying to come across depressed and madd. she needs to quit.

if the record company said Mary do Umbrella she would be singing it Asap. she is so tired and predictable. chick been on the same formula for almost 20 years.

mmm, I dont get it?

I always knew her as to be a soulful singer and very depressed yeah. But that last song she just did is a bit mainstream, aint it?

I don't care about any controversy. The new album is so good. An upbeat, happy, Mary J. Blige is unstoppable. It doesn't hurt to have MJ vibes like on "Just Fine".

Back