I didn't realized on TLC's CrazySexyCool there is an MJ diss

Catherine..

Proud Member
I didn't realize on TLC's CrazySexyCool there is an MJ diss

I just realized this :eek:
Im so late! :lol:

In the song something wicked this way comes
Calling Michael Jackson a sell out.
It wasnt the girls, they love Michael... but Im suprised they let this slip onto the album.
It was Andre 3000 from Outkast if you really wanna know.

Remember back in da time
When da only sign we had was picket
But now in '94 it be
This way somethin' come wicked
Gangs killin' others fo colors
Thangs that we wear fo fashion
Other brothers take it fo a reason
To be blastin' what da kcuf is goin' on
Not soft like buttercups but
Had enough of singin' dat same song
See I stayed across da street from da projects
Took out yo momma trash and groceries
To her trunk to keep my pockets
Fat like cellulite only been to jail one week
Fo some shullbit and I pray to God I won't repeat
I shoulda pulled it when I had da chance to
No I shouldna did dat 'cause if I did dat
Yall would not hear dat fat ish
Dat keeps you on yo tippy
Toes like dat sellout not callin' no names
But really who's bad

I go through obstacles like a whole box
Of condoms you can't forget
Where you come from

I can't believe I just realized this, lol. I listen to that album ALOT, but that part went over my head like damn, lol. Nevermind, you learn something new everyday I suppose.

PS this was in 1994! its not something new... so theres no need to go mad... just let it slide. Its over now!

Last edited:
this is the stuff I hate.. there are some artists that call Mike a sell out.. SO STUPID... 2 pac has said simular things when he first got big.. Than he said that all those things he said about entertainers in the past was wrong of him for saying that type stuff.

Are you CERTAIN this as in reference to MJ? Sure, on the surface it seems like a shot at MJ, but Andre is a rapper who can easily shoot subliminals by using lyrics like that...so unless Andre specifically said it was about MJ, for all we know, those lines could just as much be about another rapper that Andre had a little beef with in 94 as much as it could be directly about MJ.

Just saying, cause we may never really know unless he's spoken further on the subject.

oh Andre has dissed MJ in the past, in a Entertainment weekly interview with him and Pink he said that Prince kicked michael jackson's Ass musically and then Pink said that she never got into Prince and she use to dig Michael Jackson when she was a kid.

and the whole Bad reference everybody knows that it is about MJ. remember Laface records had jermaine signed and released "Word to the Badd" so lightening does strike twice in the same place.

But really who's bad

I really don't see that as a Michael diss. Is he the only guy who's "bad"?

I must of missed that line, I didn't pay it any mind. lol

oh Andre has dissed MJ in the past, in a Entertainment weekly interview with him and Pink he said that Prince kicked michael jackson's Ass musically and then Pink said that she never got into Prince and she use to dig Michael Jackson when she was a kid.

and the whole Bad reference everybody knows that it is about MJ. remember Laface records had jermaine signed and released "Word to the Badd" so lightening does strike twice in the same place.

Which says a lot because one might think an artist like Pink would be more into Prince, so to speak. I like Pink a lot.

I must of missed that line, I didn't pay it any mind. lol

Which says a lot because one might think an artist like Pink would be more into Prince, so to speak. I like Pink a lot.
yeah that says alot about Pink. she said that her ex Boyfriend tried like hard to get her into Prince and it just never worked.

never noticed that as many times I listen to that song :lol: but it might not be about mike.. :unsure:

I love that song, but I never really paid attention to the rap. Now since I read it, I think he's mad that he can't sell like Michael.

Well it doesn't make sense for them to diss him in their song but yet say they love and support him?????..... I'm not worried about it cause I've heard worse.

I heard this rap in this song many times and thought of MJ during that part, but I didn't think it was a big deal... I wasn't even 100 % sure they were talking about MJ, so it didn't really matter to me.

Of course it is speaking of Michael

But really who's bad

he says he wont state a name
but then he give a hint

Who's BAD

Thats MJ and that is MJ's line .. Who's Bad

Its from his song BAD

Cmon now its as clear as daylight he refering to MJ. The "toes" and "who's bad"? What more do ya'l want? Rappers are always indirect, its part of their skill, Jay Z and Kanye use that kind of style alot. It keeps the listener intrested.

Back