Rave Reviews for Thriller Back In The Day

Born To Love You

Proud Member
So I am doing my spring cleaning and going through all my MJ stuff and I made two wonderful discoveries I want to share.

First off, back in 1983 I had copied out reviews of the Thriller album. I dont remember where I got the reviews from but I kept them all these years.

"...irresistible pulse and energy ..."
Billboard

"willingness to experiment and a flawless sense of rhythm make this an album that lives up to its title"
People

"Jackson reworks familiar romantic themes with his skywalking falsetto and deliciously stylish delivery in a slick, rapid-fire production reminiscent of his past hits"
Variety

"'Thriller' is a sleek, sharp machine, a work of amazing confidence and pacing ..." High Fidelity

"Michael Jackson's flamboyant 'Thriller' lives up to its title ... super spectacular production ... gripping performances ... a thunderstorm of rhythm and vocal efects"
Stereo Review

"... sheer vitality ... another watershed in the creative development of this prodigiously talented performer ... spunky ... fiery conviction ... gorgeous"
Rolling Stone

"superbly crafted ... with a pervasive confidence infusing the album as a whole. 'Thriller' suggests tat Jackson's evolution as an artist is far from finished. He is, after all, only 24 years old.
New York Times

Its seeing how am the majority of these publications turned on Michael when he became to powerful, Billboard and Vanity Fair have had an anti MJ agenda for years

Back