26th December News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
I hope you had a nice, quite, light and warm Christmas. And now let's head to New Year's celebration!!!
xmas_w00t.gif

Mentioning:

People hoofing all over the place
RON BULL/TORONTO STAR

The popularity of dancing on television and in the movies reflected in studios

Anyone could learn to do Michael Jackson's Thriller dance.

That was the premise behind Thrill the World, a project launched by Ines Markeljevic to make an entry in the Guinness Book of Records. On Oct. 27, 1,722 people in 52 cities on five continents got their zombie on for the largest-ever simultaneous Thriller dance.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/287587

Liesl at 64 going on 70

There was a time when Charmian Carr felt smothered by her famous role in 'The Sound of Music', but now she takes inspiration from the story, she tells Cassandra Jardine. Plus Becky Pugh picks five favourite family films.

bfliesl.jpg

Charmian Carr has had two major roles in her life - one as Liesl, the eldest von Trapp girl who is "16, going on 17" in The Sound of Music, the other as Michael Jackson's decorator.

After she married in 1967 and had two daughters, she gave up acting - her husband felt upstaged by Liesl - to become an interior decorator. In the 1980s, she acquired her most celebrated client, Michael Jackson. "I decorated his Encino home with animals and mocked-up candy stores, but I quit because he was so weird," she says.

Jackson loves the moment when chilly Captain von Trapp starts to sing with his children. It moves everyone - including Charmian, who likes to think her own father cared more than he showed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/12/26/bfliesl126.xml

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1983 - The UK-only release "Michael Jackson 9 Single Pack" hit #66 in the U.K.

1991 - Michael Jackson was featured on ABC-TV's "Entertainers '91." The show featured the top 20 entertainers of 1991.

So don't use his name to promote yourself if he's so weird.

Thank you for saying that, these morons want to trash Mike yet prop him up to promote whatever mess they have going, i mean if he is that offensive don't mention him but of course that would mean they would probably be ignored in the first place and need the so called 'weird' guy for whatever ish they are promoting to be noticed.

Thank you for saying that, these morons want to trash Mike yet prop him up to promote whatever mess they have going, i mean if he is that offensive don't mention him but of course that would mean they would probably be ignored in the first place and need the so called 'weird' guy for whatever ish they are promoting to be noticed.

I completely agree. Michael Jackson seems to be only good to people if they can promote their stuff by insulting him. That is a pathetic way to do business IMO. And it's done so often that it should be tired at this point. Even if I wasn't a MJ fan, I'd be at the end of my rope with buying things if they're using gimmicks like this to sell them. I'd love to think that fans and haters alike would have caught on to the game these people play and are sick of this type of desperation by now. But that's probably not the case for the hater camp.

Last edited:
People just need to keep their damn ignorant comments to themselves!

Hey I have been gone for a week.. From the 20th-26th.. Have I missed anything of importance within this past 6 days??

PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

I just LOVE this film, one of my the most favourite ones EVER.... shame the sweet Liesl turned out to be just a woman in the street ("the short-sighted" one).... but the film is gr8

Back