Mariah Carey's New Single "I Feel It"

I have a love/hate relationship with MC. I love her MIMI's album as well as most of her previous ones but I find it hard sometimes to 'take her seriously' as an artist.

The new song is okay but to be honest I am not really feeling it. :no:

I have a love/hate relationship with MC. I love her MIMI's album as well as most of her previous ones but I find it hard sometimes to 'take her seriously' as an artist.

The new song is okay but to be honest I am not really feeling it. :no:

Same here. I really want to like her but she has absolutely no social standing. Her music doesn't have any type of message. She doesn't explore issues whether they be world wide or personal. MC's music isn't diverse as I'd like it to be and yet I still appreciate her voice and do consider her an artist. Just not as dynamic as often labeled.

hmmm! A nice change up..

I think the song is good! A little of what music has been missing.. However, whoever MIXED the song sucks. lol!

Produced and written well but the mixxer did not level vocals and instramentals very well.. It is as if it should have just been an acapella or something because the levels of the instramentals and the vocals are too OFF.. U have to have it high to hear the instramentals well, but then the vocals are too lowd. Just not a good balance..

Aside from the mixing, it is really nice

Don't know what to think of the song yet.....but as of now, I don't see this being another #1 for her....probably this album will start off on the charts like the MIMI album did when 'Shake It Off' the first single released was'nt a chart topper, but her subsequent release was.

reminds me of MJ "Were almost there" and Mariah is the blueprint for ALicia Keys career with that styling and vibe.

Same here. I really want to like her but she has absolutely no social standing. Her music doesn't have any type of message. She doesn't explore issues whether they be world wide or personal. MC's music isn't diverse as I'd like it to be and yet I still appreciate her voice and do consider her an artist. Just not as dynamic as often labeled.
I agree -_-

Stop dissin' my girl bitches!

lol.

Mariah is a vocal artist. That's what she is. Song writing isn't a talent of hers. But she can blow most people out of the water vocally.

Last edited:
Mariah is way talented. I predict she'll have another huge hit on her hands. She isn't the 2nd biggest selling female artist in the world for nothing.

Here is the link to the cover of MC's new CD -

http://theybf.com/2008/01/17/mariah...the-bahamaswhat-you-been-doin-yaya/#more-1695

Still showing the skin and she is getting too for that.

I agree with Jona regarding MC. I used tobe a fan when I was younger but as I get older, I get tired of MC. LOL. I wish her the best with her new CD.

I was a massive fan, right from her first album. I got tired of her before Mimi, but I think she staged an incredible comeback and I am really proud of her and loved Mimi a lot. It was totally different.

Mariah is way talented. I predict she'll have another huge hit on her hands. She isn't the 2nd biggest selling female artist in the world for nothing.

I have to agree. :yes:

I was a massive fan, right from her first album. I got tired of her before Mimi, but I think she staged an incredible comeback and I am really proud of her and loved Mimi a lot. It was totally different.

Well, that is cool. I was a fan until the "Honey" era. After that, I just was not interested anymore. However, she is one of the best out there.

Mariah Rolls With T-Pain, Dupri On New Album

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003698872

January 18, 2008, 1:05 PM ET
spacer.gif

Mark Sutherland, London

Mariah Carey has set an April 1 release date for the follow-up to her mega-selling album "The Emancipation of Mimi," which was the biggest selling album of 2005. Dubbed "That Chick," the set features production from Jermaine Dupri, will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins, plus collaborations with the likes of T-Pain and Damian Marley.

The album veers between breezy pop tunes like "Lovin' You Long Time" and the title track, ballads like "Love Story" and urban club bangers like the standout "Migrate."

The latter features T-Pain in a guest slot, providing the counterpoint to Carey's anthemic "single girls on the town" lyrics with the killer line: "Don't wait for me to buy drinks, or you're going to dehydrate."

Other highlights include the frisky R&B of "Touch My Body," with Carey cooing, "If there's a camera up in here then I best not catch this flick on YouTube," and the catchy "OOC" -- short for "out of control." There's also a new sound for Carey on "Cruise Control," which features Marley and sees the artist try her hand at Jamaican patois.

"It's kind of strange but I heard a lot of her records and it sound like the album is better than the last album," Dupri recently told Billboard.

Additional reporting by Clover Hope

Here is the track list for "That Chick":

"Lovin' You Long Time"
"Touch My Body"
"That Chick"
"Thanx for Nothin'"
"For the Record"
"Migrate"
"Cruise Control"
"Love Story"
"OOC"
"Bye Bye"