MJ on the cover of Rolling Stone (Spanish issue)

Xtarlight and Mpenziwe

Proud Member
L'uomo Vogue
Rolling Stone (Argentina)
Ebony
Rolling Stone (Japan)
Jet...

... and now Rolling Stone (Spain)

The magazine is not yet at the newstands but this will be the january cover. The text says:

Rolling Stone
80's Special
Bono vs Michael Jackson
Who's the king?

The return of the fight of the 80s

The hedonist Michael Jackson
25 Years of Thriller
The resurrection of the Jackson5

The involved Bono
20 Years of Joshua Tree

[Thanks to The Lost Child - MJHideOut.com]​

I wonder if there's anyone who can translate the article in the mag. There's a smaller topic that says "Bono vs Michael Jackson." That's a nice, old pic of Mike.
Thanks for posting.

loving it.. he is surely letting the world know.. he is coming back...

I like how all this is suttle.. yet noticeable...

I like the way Michael plays on his international influence. He knows he is loved around the world.

I see all the Rolling Stone mags in other countries paying tribute. I wonder if Rolling Stone USA is gonna join the bunch?

I would like him to be on a magazine now that is sold EVERYWERE..

L'uomo Vogue - very hard to find
Rolling Stone (Argentina) - Very hard to find out of Argentina
Ebony - Sold in selective stores
Rolling Stone (Japan) - hard to find out of Japan
Jet - Hard to find, still have not found it
Rolling Stone (Spain) - Hard to find out of Spain

Is the American Rolling Stones Magazine sold everywhere?? I know in the U.S. you cannot go to a store without seeing it in the magazine section..

Off topic
Does anyone know what sort of response the MJ Ebony mag has had from Ebony readers? I would normally buy the current issue but can't stand Oprah so anyone read feedback etc?

Back to topic

Off topic
Does anyone know what sort of response the MJ Ebony mag has had from Ebony readers? I would normally buy the current issue but can't stand Oprah so anyone read feedback etc?

Overwhelmingly positive.

Same Difference posted this on the KOP board back in November:

Its funny, as soon as i heard he was being featured, i said to myself, "If its good, i'll send a letter to Johnson publications, so they know we appreciate them for respecting him."

I sent that letter Sunday, and do you know i just got a call from one of their editors asking could they use it in their column?! The man said NEVER have they recieved more congratulatory mail in regards to one issue BEFORE IT EVEN HIT THE STANDS in the HISTORY of Ebony magazine. He said, "He's like the Martin Luther King of music; i ain't never seen this in my life."
lol.gif

Just thought i'd share. They must not know bout us--you be good to Mike, we will definitely take note!
lol.gif

This is great and i wish he would be on some cover also that we get here in canada cause i haven,t found any of them yet. Oh well thats the way it goes somethimes , good news any how thanks.

Dang. The 'Martin Luther King' of music! That's a new one on me....
Well I kind of think of him that way. It wasn't purely random that I compared him to MLK in my post at the start of the thread asking if we thought Michael was 'A Socially Aware Black Artist'.

Well I kind of think of him that way. It wasn't purely random that I compared him to MLK in my post at the start of the thread asking if we thought Michael was 'A Socially Aware Black Artist'.

He the Sammy Davis, Jr. of music. He ain't no King. :lol: Sure his impact is like King's but as an entertainer, he's our generation's Sammy Davis.

i cant wait to get my ebony magazine.... and thanks for the news about Michael in Rolling Stone magazine

Back