Will there be a law suit from Sir Paul McCartney about TGIM?

whitesocksdancer

Proud Member
Here is a question for all of the legal eagles on the board.

Up until now, Sir Paul McCartney has been receiving royalties from The Girl is Mine. Now that his voice has been removed on the remix, will he sue Michael to have it put back on and what about future royalties for him?

I don't know myself. But Shania Twain removed Bryan White's vocal part from "From This Moment On" and I personally do not recall any news from White's camp about a lawsuit..Good question..

I'm quite sure Michael handled that...and besides...isn't it his song? to do with as he pleases?

Mr. Mac aughtta be grateful his boss let him get some royalties :lol:

okay I'm leaving now :lol:

Well he got his little royalties from being the performing artist on the song he performed on...

now its a different song :p

Last edited:
I don't think so, the album will still have the original version which most people who report this story seems to keep forgetting or purposely not reporting to make it a bigger deal than it is. This album is the original Thriller album with 5 remixes that's it.

Are y'all SERIOUS!?!

They sampled the 1981 demo, it ain't even the same version!

Good Lord, things have gotten outta hand with this. I mean I'm not a Paul McCartney fan by any means but the guy wasn't "erased" from "The Girl is Mine". That's a bunch of beeswax (the p.c. term of what I really wanna say).

Jesus... :doh: :lol:

It's a remix, I think the press are trying to create a controversey about it like all those articles saying "MJ sticks it to Macca" ... at the end of the day, this track was remixed by Will.i.am and he's mix has turned out like this *shrugs*

I don't think Paul is all that concerned really :lol:

Are y'all SERIOUS!?!

They sampled the 1981 demo, it ain't even the same version!

Good Lord, things have gotten outta hand with this. I mean I'm not a Paul McCartney fan by any means but the guy wasn't "erased" from "The Girl is Mine". That's a bunch of beeswax (the p.c. term of what I really wanna say).

Jesus... :doh: :lol:
oh. well there ya go! :lol:

It's a remix, I think the press are trying to create a controversey about it like all those articles saying "MJ sticks it to Macca" ... at the end of the day, this track was remixed by Will.i.am and he's mix has turned out like this *shrugs*

True. Michael sang this version on his own as a demo to show Paul what he wanted. This version has been on the web since time. He did not interfere with the one he did with paul. It is still intact and still on the new album. The media is at it aghain with their lies.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm sure Paul will be researching IF he can in anyway.. He is SUE HAPPY.. he even sued the college I go to for using 1 minute of his song in a PLAY. Rediculous..

But Mike has the rights to the song, he used HIS own vocals.. Not only that, it was not the vocals from the actual song, it was from the DEMO that Paul did not appear on. The beat was changed enough that it could be used as an INSPIRED beat, not the real instramentals..

Mike got his butt covered, don't worry

I'm sure Paul will be researching IF he can in anyway.. He is SUE HAPPY.. he even sued the college I go to for using 1 minute of his song in a PLAY. Rediculous..

But Mike has the rights to the song, he used HIS own vocals.. Not only that, it was not the vocals from the actual song, it was from the DEMO that Paul did not appear on. The beat was changed enough that it could be used as an INSPIRED beat, not the real instramentals..

Mike got his butt covered, don't worry

Whatever. Paul KNEW what was up when MJ presented him with the demo. I'm sure he don't wanna go back 26 years ago. It's old.

alot of folks already said it.. the song belongs to Mike..its his call... so I doubt Paul can sue him for it...

the media.. much to do about nothing..

but it keeps Mike's name right up there...

Last edited:
I don't like when people add the 'Sir' to his name.. it makes him sound like a King.

i doubt he has any grounds what so ever to sue. he should be more concerned about his divorce lol

I doubt any lawsuit will take place, since its only the remix Macca has been taken out of. The first disc will also include the original album, which, as far as we know, will remain the same as always, including his vocals in the original song.... unfortunately

I don't like when people add the 'Sir' to his name.. it makes him sound like a King.
He was Knighted by the Queen so he will be a "Sir" like Heather Mills McCartney is "Lady".

Steven Spielberg is an Honorary Knight but he cannot be addressed as "Sir" because he is an American and was not born anywhere in the British Commonwealth but if he chooses he can add "KBE" after his name. (Useless bit of info there)

Last edited:
Did he get song writing credit? If yes, then he will continue to receive songwriting royalities. Other royalities he probably received is due to performance on the record. If his vocals are cut out, then he receives nothing. He has nothing to sue about.

Why in the world would this be any different than Usher/Justin Timberlake recording the song? Without both MJ and PMCC vocals?

No difference.

No issue here.

No worries.

...the things you guys think of!:lol:

Oh is this what it's all about? Some a-hole in the media starting shyt ..... again????

Lawd.

According to peafriedbrain and others, MJ is broke. :eek: That means that 'Sir' Paul has, like WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money than he has, so why in the devil would he be pouting because MJ remixed HIS OWN DAMN SONG and cut his vocals out???? :mad:

Let me stop now, because I have a very bias view of that song (any version of it) as it is....:rolleyes::p

oh.. this Mac crying as usual :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I doubt any lawsuit will take place, since its only the remix Macca has been taken out of. The first disc will also include the original album, which, as far as we know, will remain the same as always, including his vocals in the original song.... unfortunately
He hasn't been taken out of anything. He was never in it in the first place. This is a totally different recording that MJ did even before he did the recording with Paul. It has nothing to do with paul.

He hasn't been taken out of anything. He was never in it in the first place. This is a totally different recording that MJ did even before he did the recording with Paul. It has nothing to do with paul.

Im talking about it in terms of the original release of the song, the one that HE IS on. The one from the original Thriller album.
If you look at it using the originally released song as a point of reference, then McCartney HAS been removed.

But your looking at the demo Michael made on his own as a point of reference.

Here is a question for all of the legal eagles on the board.

Up until now, Sir Paul McCartney has been receiving royalties from The Girl is Mine. Now that his voice has been removed on the remix, will he sue Michael to have it put back on and what about future royalties for him?

Paul McCartneys voice has NOT been removed from TGIM :LOL:
That song is very much in tact a will also be on the T-25 album it is just a re-mix a new cover of the song - Its done all the time in the musical industry - This is just the Tabloids _ they always "Wanna be starting something" (hee)

Michael left the original song in tact and it will also be on the T-25. So if Paul has royalties coming he will recieve them.

There was no disrepect toward Paul only a new cover or mix of the song and of other MJ songs - Its his damn song he can sign with whomever he wants. (sheesh)

Last edited:
Oh is this what it's all about? Some a-hole in the media starting shyt ..... again????
basically. guess its a quiet news week

Back