12/30/07:MJ News *More news of Michael attending Jay-z's grandopening*

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Good Morning everyone! Looks as though it might be true about Michael attending this party after all. Here is the complete press release and it states the names on there listed as CONFIRMED guests. So take it as you may but to me this is confirmation enough. :)Oh and it states there will be footage of red carpet interviews and photos, so everyone be ready to record or post pictures! ^_^

Michael Jackson News:

http://pr-canada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27132&Itemid=65

Grand Opening of Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in Las Vegas

**TIP SHEET - SATELLITE COORDINATES INCLUDED** WHAT: Grand opening of THE 40/40 CLUB LAS VEGAS located inside The Palazzo. The Grand Opening will take place on December 30, 2007 and footage will cover red carpet interviews and interior shots. WHO: Confirmed celebrity attendees include (additional confirmations could be included on footage): Jay-Z**Beyonce**Alex Rodriguez**Mariah Carey**Rhianna**Anthony Anderson**Serena Williams**Anthony Munoz**Amare Stoudemire**Barry Bonds**Big Boi**Caridee English**Carmelo Anthony**Ciara**Darryl "DMC" McDaniels**Dr. J**Gnarls Barkley**Grant Hill**Gwyneth Paltrow**Hype Williams**Jalen Rose**Jamie Foxx**Johnny Gill**Judge Greg Mathis**Lebron James**Magic Johnson*Michael Jackson**Mos Def**Ne-Yo**Talib Kweli** The-Dream**Timbaland**Will.I.Am**Roger Huerta**Forrest Griffin** SATELLITE INFO: B-roll will be available via Satellite on Monday, December 31 at Noon PST/ 3:00 p.m. EST via the following coordinates: Date: Monday, December 31, 2007 Time #1: 1500 - 1530 ET (12:00p - 12:30p PST) Coordinates: Galaxy 17 Transponder 10, ku-Band Analog Downlink Freq: 11900 (V) Contact for any trouble receiving: Kevin Ross, 702-278-8271 About 40/40 Club:
The 40/40 Club, named after one of sport's most prestigious achievements -- 40 home runs and 40 stolen bases in the same season, combines a multi-level ultra sports bar with a chic lounge all under the direction of hip-hop mogul Jay-Z. Providing the ultimate in sports and entertainment, the 40/40 Club will feature an eclectic menu including The Picnic (fried deviled eggs and southern-fried chicken sticks with the special 40/40 sauce), signature 40/40 burgers, and wings amongst other items. The sports memorabilia amidst the lavish gold and platinum decor will serve as the perfect backdrop for the ultra luxurious sports bar. For more information visit http://www.the4040club.com/.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_7840714?nclick_check=1

How good is this 18-year-old Virginian on the live stage? He’s better than Justin Timberlake, nearly as good as Usher and clearly recalls prime-era Michael Jackson. Those are the three performers that are most often referenced in comparison to this young R&B superstar -- and this Oakland date showed exactly why.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/123007/ART_BF90PNHB.001.php

Beth Bojarski of Milwaukee says, "I want my paintings to make you laugh - to stay with you when you leave - to make you giggle in church when you recall one."

Bojarski admits her interest in art began in high school when she made endless portraits of Michael Jackson for her bedroom walls. After college, she began doing "photo-realistic" watercolors, before she developed her present style, which emphasizes work that tells a story and makes people laugh."

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/245232-3/Entertainment/Forget_the_castle_get_me_to_my_man_cave/

The room's rust-colored walls are decorated with album covers such as Wham!'s "Make It Big" and Michael Jackson's "Thriller." A figure of Queen singer Freddie Mercury, a favorite of Whitlam's, tops a set of shelves. "I said, "Wow, that can go right down in your studio,"' Christina Whitlam recalled with a laugh.

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1993 - Judge Domenico Bonaccorsi, at a Rome civic tribunal, ruled in favor of singer/songwriter Al Bano Carrisi, who had claimed that Michael Jackson's "Will You Be There" was based on his "I Cigni Di Balaka

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Dorothy. :)

No sense in me getting all happy...I wont be there!
BUT, I hope MJ and everyone else have a really great time.

footage will cover red carpet interviews and interior shots.
Wee hee! Pics!:D

I hope that he has lots of fun. He won't be short of company, that's for sure!

Party Hearty Michael!! WWOOO HOOO!! A new year!!

HappyNewYear.jpg

OK... First thing first.. We need to find some fans that live in vegas to take vid camera and pics to 40/40.. GO!!!

Here for those who are not TOO far from the Vegas area that want to go.. This is the address where it will be taken place:

3265 Las Vegas Blvd South Suite 101 Las Vegas, NV 89109

If you want to call for more information on the event here is a phone number: 702-638-4040

Even if you don't get in, you'll still see the red carpet event..

OK... First thing first.. We need to find some fans that live in vegas to take vid camera and pics to 40/40.. GO!!!

Yep, and make sure to put on the camouflage clothing on...creep along the sidewalk so noone sees ya...then SNAP...take the vid and pics!! LOL!

yeap. whether mj is going is another thing imo

according to lesliemjhu. the lawyer representing daniel kapon in his lawsuit against mj has just filed to be removed from the case and kapon etc are facing a punishment for refusing to undergo a physciatric (sp) evaluation as the court ordered. the case was due to go to trial in around 3 weeks.guess it could still go on if he gets a new lawyer but i presume there would be more delays.

kapon was found by allred and leiberman.sold his story to the uk tabs after the police told them to get lost said mj held him hostage in a dungeon abuse him forced him to have plastic surgery calimed he wrote loads of mjs hits as a 2-5 year old etc. so as u can see very credible lol

oooohhh...interesting party! anyone near vegas pls pls gatecrash for some pix to be posted where else but here :D

http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke

JAY'S 40/40 CLUB DEBUTS TONIGHT AS $1.8 BILLION PALAZZO OPENS
County building permits have been issued, allowing a New Year's weekend soft opening for the $1.8 billion Palazzo.

Among those sweating it out was hip hop mogul Jay-Z, whose sports-themed 40-40 Club will open its doors tonight at 9 p.m. to a star-studded crowd.

The greenlight came late Saturday. The parent company, Las Vegas Sands Corp., had announced a Dec. 20 opening back in August.

— NORM CLARKE, Vegas Confidential

For anybody wanting to go to 40-40's opening and stand around the red carpet or whatnot they'll have I would suggest getting there around 3 in the afternoon. They will not allow non-guests to enter these resorts after 6 PM.

Just an FYI.

-D

Well i hoping he is going and has loads of fun but i still not sure soon we will know one way or the other.

I hope he does go and get his party on.

Hey, Mike. So you can be Michael the party-goer and not Michael the entertainer, ask Jay-Z to do you a favor and tell the DJ not to put on your music when you step out on the dance floor. People will lose their damn minds! lol

yeap. whether mj is going is another thing imo

according to lesliemjhu. the lawyer representing daniel kapon in his lawsuit against mj has just filed to be removed from the case and kapon etc are facing a punishment for refusing to undergo a physciatric (sp) evaluation as the court ordered. the case was due to go to trial in around 3 weeks.guess it could still go on if he gets a new lawyer but i presume there would be more delays.

kapon was found by allred and leiberman.sold his story to the uk tabs after the police told them to get lost said mj held him hostage in a dungeon abuse him forced him to have plastic surgery calimed he wrote loads of mjs hits as a 2-5 year old etc. so as u can see very credible lol

:blink:

Like Mike said, people are :crazy:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Norm Clarke says the following about expected guests:

http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke

Music mogul Jay-Z will celebrate the grand opening of The 40/40 Club — his upscale sports bar/lounge — on December 30 at The Palazzo.

Jay-Z and girlfriend Beyonce Knowles will perform together at the event, which is expected to attract several A-list celebrities and athletes. Some of the high-profile stars expected to attend include: David Beckham & Victoria Beckham, Michael Jordan, Alex Rodriguez, Mariah Carey, Magic Johnson, Tom Brady, Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter, Janet Jackson, Rihanna, Oprah Winfrey and Shaquille O'Neal.

Jay-Z and his friends will continue the party on New Year's Eve when they celebrate the start of 2008 at The 40/40 Club. Doors open at 9 p.m. at the venue. Tickets for the party are on-sale now and available at www.the4040club.com. Tickets start at $200, with each ticket including a champagne toast.

Janet is mentioned here, not Michael. We should find out in the next couple hours, probably. And you think Oprah will actually attend?

If Michael does attend hope he has a fabulous time ushering in the new year! B)

:lol::lol::lol: Oh god..why isn't that Kapon case not disappearing...the allegations have to be the funniest thing ever..the accusations are so credible its beyond belief!

Any vids/pics yet?? I'm sure poparazzi will be there.. Espect something from TMZ tonight or tomarrow..

the lawyer representing daniel kapon in his lawsuit against mj has just filed to be removed from the case and kapon etc are facing a punishment for refusing to undergo a physciatric (sp) evaluation as the court ordered. the case was due to go to trial in around 3 weeks.guess it could still go on if he gets a new lawyer but i presume there would be more delays.

Kapon doesn't know when to quit does he... :rolleyes:

No kidding the lawyer is trying to get out of it... I'm surprised he saw anything in this 'case' to begin with. I mean seriously, get a life or something :crazy:

I'm guessing he didnt go?
joe was there lol

re the lawsuit the lawyer was just money hungry he tried to claim that a 2 year old kapon writings mjs songs was credible. said his own daughter was very musical at that age :rolleyes::lol: until theres reprocusions for lawyers who take on cases regardless of how stupid they are just so they can hope for a settlement this sort of thing will never stop. counter lawsuits would help aswell

Rumors were that the club would not open on the 30th because it failed opening standards.. Jay-Z's PR manager for the club said those are all rumors..

But now, since there is NO news of even it being OPENED, and pics of the red carpet etc. on Perezhilton.com and TMZ.. Those place put stuff up RIGHT AFTER it happens... They're crazy like that.

there are pictures of the opening on wire image photo site. joe was there.but no pics of any big stars so maybe hardly any turned up?

Back