12/31/07:MJ News *Jackson and McCartney Will Continue To Thrill*

TUSALMJ

Guests
Hey peeps. I noticed there wasn't a news thread started for today yet, so I thought I may help out and start one.

Please, everybody stay safe and have a wonderful and happy new year!

Michael Jackson News:
Jackson and McCartney Will Continue To Thrill

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3741

by Paul Cashmere - December 31 2007
Reports that Michael Jackson has dumped Paul McCartney's voice from his 2008 25th anniversary reissue are clearly wrong.
Yesterday, a tabloid reporter in the USA reported that Michael Jackson had stripped Paul McCartney's vocals for 'The Girl Is Mine' on the forthcoming 'Thriller' reissue and replaced Sir Paul with will.i.am.
That is simply not true.
Yes, will.i.am has recorded new vocals for a remix of 'The Girl Is Mine' minus McCartney but the original version is still going to be on the anniversary album.
Sony's official site for the reissue, michaeljackson.com is also streaming the Jackson/McCartney original and clearly states McCartney's name on the tracklisting as 'The Girl Is Mine' (with Paul McCartney).
The tabloid journalist fabricated this "new" McCartney/Jackson feud, roger that!
McCartney certainly doesn't have any musical issues with Jackson. He has included the video for 'Say Say Say', the other Jackson/McCartney duet, on his 'The McCartney Years' DVD.
The 25th Anniversary edition of 'Thriller' will be released in February through Sony-BMG.
In related news Jackson is scheduled to appear on the next Usher album. The unnamed song will also feature T-Pain.
Usher has written the track but is yet to enter the studio to put it down.
He expects to release the song as a single in the first half of 2008.
The new tracklisting for Thriller is:
1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2. Baby Be Mine
3. The Girl Is Mine (with Paul McCartney)?
4. Thriller
5. Beat It?
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)?
9. The Lady in My Life? ?
Bonus Material:?
10. Someone In the Dark ?
11. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson's original demo recording) ?
12. Carousel ? ?
Previously Unreleased Tracks For 25th Anniversary Edition?
13. The Girl Is Mine 2008 with will.i.am*?
14. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 2008 with Michael Jackson and will.i.am*?
15. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 with Michael Jackson, Akon and will.i.am*?
16. Billie Jean 2008 with Kanye West*?
17. For All Time (unreleased track from original Thriller sessions)*? ?
Bonus DVD?The Videos?
1. Thriller?
2. Beat It?
3. Billie Jean?
4. Billie Jean performance from Motown 25: Yesterday, Today and Forever

Michael Jackson Mentionings:
Review: Chris Brown wows fans at Oracle Arena with music, spectacle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/31/DDH2U724I.DTL&feed=rss.entertainment

Lee Hildebrand, Special to The Chronicle
Monday, December 31, 2007

Teen heartthrob Chris Brown, R&B's fastest rising star, has been seen in recent months on television and motion picture screens channeling pop music's past.
The 18-year-old Virginian performed Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" in a Charlie Chaplin suit on the MTV "Video Music Awards," recreated the title-song scene from Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" with help from a cellblock full of dancers on CBS' "Movies Rock!" and, in his co-starring role in "This Christmas," delivered Otis Redding's arrangement of "Try a Little Tenderness" and the Donny Hathaway song after which the film was named. In each case, Brown managed to capture the spirit of the original performances while investing them with his own distinctive and highly commanding style.
During a sold-out Oracle Arena show Saturday night, Brown gave the predominately teenaged multiracial crowd a visually stunning glimpse at the future of pop-music performance. The 90-minute high-tech spectacle was filled with video trickery, science-fiction imagery, laser lights, onstage flamethrowers so hot that they could be felt on the arena floor, bass-drum beats so loud that they reverberated through concertgoers' chest cavities and, of course, loads of fabulous song and dance. It was like a music video, video game, fireworks display and concert all rolled up into one.
Brown, whose second CD, "Exclusive," is in the pop top 10, was in constant motion and good voice, although the positioning of his microphone at times suggested the singing might be more Memorex than real. His tenor tones may be a bit thin and whiny, but they were remarkably pliant as he negotiated melismata with a Sam Cooke-like grace, especially on love songs such as "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" and "With You."
While Brown's voice may or may not have been canned, three-fourths of his backup band were definitely an illusion. At his last Bay Area concert, in October of last year at the same venue, the singer was supported by a small ensemble of live instrumentalists. This time around, eight appeared, yet it quickly became apparent that six of them - two guitarists, two keyboardists, a bassist and trumpet player - were not there at all, but rather on individual video screens. Further examination revealed that each of these life-size images was Brown himself pretending to play the instruments. Only two musicians were actually present: turntablist DJ Baby Drew and drummer Gerald Heyward, whose bashing accents helped bring life to the otherwise prerecorded instrumental and vocal backgrounds.
Although Brown has cut back on musicians, he was surrounded by a dozen dancers - men, women and children - throughout most of the show. Movement is the essence of Brown's entertainment, and the routines were brilliantly choreographed amalgamations of break dance, pop-and-lock and crump styles. The tall, lanky star was at the center of this undulating sea of bodies much of the time, except when DJ Baby Drew took over during quick wardrobe changes and when the two kids - dancer Myles Brown and rapper Scooter - grabbed the spotlight while Brown exited the stage only to re-emerge minutes later on a second makeshift stage on the opposite end of the arena floor, much to the surprise and delight of adoring fans. Brown and two dancers performed two songs, "Lottery" and "Take You Down," as the circular stage rotated. Screams turned to a deafening roar when he removed his T-shirt, and his well-toned, sweat-soaked torso rippled in time with the rhythm.
Brown sang duets with Lil Wayne, T-Pain and Rhianna, none of whom were actually there but appeared on video screens. He also did one with rapper Bow Wow, who was very much present, having served up a 55-minute set of his own before Brown's. The two men closed the show with "Shortie Like Me," their hit from last year. The song turned into a friendly dance competition in which Brown - who had saved his most breathtaking moves for last, including a series of backflips - easily got the best of the less-limber rapper.
Bow Wow, who was billed as co-headliner, gave the crowd seven years' worth of hits during his part of the concert, from "Bounce With Me" and "Bow Wow (That's My Name)" from his days as Lil Bow Wow to the current "Hey Baby (Jump Off)." Joined by DJ Jus and rapping sidekick Short Dawg, the 20-year-old, Ohio-born MC was highly animated, yet the energy level of his segment didn't reach a peak until Vallejo hip-hop legend E-40 made a surprise appearance performing his 2006 hyphy anthems "Yay Area" and "Tell Me When to Go." Keak Da Sneak, the Oakland rapper who coined the term "hyphy," also made a brief appearance during Brown's set with the tune "Super Hyphy." The hyphy phenomenon may have played out nationally last year, but judging from the audience's enthusiastic response to E-40 and Keak, it still strikes a chord in Oakland.

Last edited:
thanks..

I'm not sure how true this is but several sites are saying that Jay-Z is being sued by many artists including Pharell, Michael Jackson and many others for playing there songs in Jay-Z's 40/40 club without concent or any payment..

If this true in any way, most likely it's regarding Jay-Z's other 40/40 clubs in NY or Atlanta..

Not sure if this is true, or even if so how old this is.. Maybe it has been squashed.

thanks..

I'm not sure how true this is but several sites are saying that Jay-Z is being sued by many artists including Pharell, Michael Jackson and many others for playing there songs in Jay-Z's 40/40 club without concent or any payment..

If this true in any way, most likely it's regarding Jay-Z's other 40/40 clubs in NY or Atlanta..

Not sure if this is true, or even if so how old this is.. Maybe it has been squashed.
That is old news and has been on the web for months now.

If Michael comes to the Bay Area, like he usually does, he would have to put on several shows at the Oracle Arena just so everyone will get a chance to see him. If he wants to give many people a chance to see him in one take, he'll need to use the McAfee Stadium which is right next to the Oracle.

Rhymefest Channels Michael Jackson On New Mixtape written by Brandi Hopper

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/13326

Monday - December 31, 2007

rhymefest_100x100_02.jpg
Windy City rapper Rhymefest and associate DJ Mark Ronson recently teamed up to release a Michael Jackson homage mixtape, "Man in the Mirror."
The disc features tracks entirely sampled from Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 songs.
"This was very important to me, seeing as how Michael Jackson is responsible for a revolution in music that took place when he dropped a fu*king bomb on the planet called Thriller," Fest wrote on his myspace blog.
The disc was sent out about two weeks ago to Myspacers who asked for it, in exchange for comments and feedback about the music. On his blog, Fest said he'll make the mixtape available to everyone for free download tomorrow (Jan. 1) but someone beat him to the punch as the disc is already available online now. [Download Here]
Fest relates MJ's classic album to his own upcoming project.
"It's only right that I pay homage to the pop equivalent of what EL CHE will bring: 'the fu*king bomb.'"
The 24-track mixtape, five of them skits, features Ghostface Killah, Mary J. Blige, Talib Kweli, CampLo, Dres and upcoming DC rapper Wale. Producers Emile, 9th Wonder and Best Kept Secret also put their hands in the project.
Fest said he dug in the crates for this one and it's an original.
"We got Mike jams that you may not even remember, as well as some unreleased sh*t that I know you have never heard before.
"Let it be known," he added. "This is the first dedication album ever made like this. Anybody else who attempts to do it is a fu*kin' biter."
According to Fest's myspace blog, his sophomore disc EL CHE is "on the way." No release date has been scheduled as of yet.
Check the mixtape'scomplete tracklist below:
1. The Cipher (Rhymefest & Michael Jackson)
2. Can't Make It (Rhymefest)
3. "Thriller" Skit
4. Get Up (Rhymefest ft Wale)
5. Dancin' Machine (The Jackson 5 ft Rhymefest)
6. Flip It Skit
7. Never Can Say Goodbye (Rhymefest ft Talib Kweli) (download)
8. Mike The Mentor (Rhymefest ft Michael Jackson)
9. No Sunshine (Rhymefest)
10. Caught Up Skit
11. Foolin' Around (Rhymefest ft Dres)
12. Set The Mood
13. Breakadawn (Rhymefest ft Daniel Merriweather & alpha)
14. Windbreaker Skit
15. Higher Intro
16. Higher (Rhymefest)
17. Mark vs. Mike
18. All That I've Got (Rhymefest ft Ghostface Killah & Mary J. Blige)
19. Maybe Tomorrow (Michael Jackson)
20. Sunshine Skit
21. Coolie High (Camp Lo ft Rhymefest)
22. Family Reunion (ft Tito, Randy, Mike & Rhymefest)
23. Much Love Skit
24. Man In The Mirror (Rhymefest ft Michael Jackson)

Back