Jan. 1, 2008: MJ News and Mentionings

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Happy New Year to everyone!!! I hope everyone brought in the new year wonderfully. Lets hope Michael had fun where ever he was hiding :lol: (seems he was lucky not to be at the big J5 party :tongue: )

So far there isn't any info on the party in the way of news or pics that I could find but there are a few mentions of MJ two aint worth posting :sad: but there is this one...

Mississippi Sheiks to join Grammy Hall of Fame

The Clarion-Ledger • December 31, 2007

The Mississippi Sheiks� "Sittin� on Top of the World" joins Michael Jackson�s "Thriller" and Pink Floyd�s "The Wall" as part of the 70 new entries in the Grammy Hall of Fame, variety.com recently reported.
The list, started in 1973, has 798 titles.

The Mississippi Sheiks, a highly popular and influential 1930s guitar and fiddle group, consisted mainly of the Chatmon family from Bolton.

[SIZE=+2]Today in
Michael Jackson History[/SIZE]​

1994 - Michael Jackson made his first public appearance since December 10th when he appeared at a Barbara Streisand concert in Las Vegas.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote[/SIZE]

"I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released".
- Michael Jackson, November 18, 2003 after a search warrant was served at Neverland Ranch.

Back