Diana Ross

troubleman84

Proud Member
Hey, y'all...

A funny thing happened to me when I went home last night after buying the Supremes' #1's compilation album of all the group's and Diana Ross' number-one hits (a combined 23 #1 hits on the pop, dance and R&B singles charts!) and once I heard the foot stomps and Diana's vocals on "Where Did Our Love Go" (1964), I find myself dancing along.

Then it got to "Baby Love" and I sung along... "Come See About Me" I started shaking my butt then it got to "Stop! In the Name of Love" and I was doing their choreography! :rofl: Then as each song went on and on I find myself enjoying the records the Supremes put out throughout their roughly 16-year recording tenure in Motown and then on to Diana's solo records.

And I find myself finding a newfound respect for the vocal talents of Diana Ross. I agree I had been critical of La Ross for a while but the collection (and hearing the long versions of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "The Interim" and "Reach Out & Touch (Somebody's Hand)") made me a fan of Ms. Ross again. I now understand WHY Diana Ross was the voice of the Supremes though the group itself had great records before, during and after Diana took leadership of the group then left for her solo career.

The first 12 songs represents Diana Ross well as one of the greatest female pop icons of the 20th century and the Supremes as one of the greatest music groups ever. The 13th song showcases the great talent of the underrated Jean Terrell in "Stoned Love", which was itself as innovative as the magical run of the group's 12 number one hits with Ross in the lead and the remaining eight songs that followed showcase the best of Diana Ross as a soloist.

And after seeing YouTube videos of Diana performing, I take EVERYTHING back. She is the greatest female entertainer of all time and also one of the greatest pop singers of all time. Her contributions also with Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard help to make the Supremes one of the greatest groups of all time bar none.

Just thought I'd tell you that.

I'm rockin' to "Someday We'll Be Together" right now. :listeningtomusic

Last edited:
Love her. Diana Ross's impact and influence in the music business is sorely underrated.

I was tellin' you Timmy, lol. Diana Ross is a supreme stylist, no pun intended. She's got an amazing quality to her voice, one of the prettiest voices I've ever heard. And her stage command and ability to relate emotion to the crowd is nearly second to none.

I have that record. I really like Dianas voice, I think she has a great voice actually. I watch her live alot on youtube and other things. She is great.

I have that record. I really like Dianas voice, I think she has a great voice actually. I watch her live alot on youtube and other things. She is great.

Ditto. I just bought that record and has certainly fallen in love. I absolutly love 'Do you know where your going to' and 'Love Child'.

I just love this woman. Even though she's seen as a legend, she's still one of the most underrated and underappreaciated artists of all time, IMO.

Last edited:
I think "The Boss" was one of the best songs she ever released/ever did. Ashford & Simpson KNEW how to give Diana a SONG, boy! She was "The Boss" before the media gave that title to Bruce Springsteen.

Last edited:
This song has now become one of my favorite Supremes songs when Diana was a member:

I Hear a Symphony
(Holland-Dozier-Holland)

You've given me a true love
And every day I thank you love
For a feeling that's so new
So inviting, so exciting

Whenever you're near, I hear a symphony
A tender melody pulling me closer, closer to your arms
Then suddenly, ooh, your lips are touching mine
A feeling so divine 'til I leave the past behind
I'm lost in a world made for you and me

(Instrumental break)

Playing sweet and tenderly every time your lips meet mine, now baby

Baby, baby
You bring much joy within
Don't let this feeling end
Let it go on and on and on now baby

Baby, baby
Those tears that fill my eyes
I cry not for myself
But for those who never felt the joy we felt

Each time you speak to me, I hear a tender rhapsody of love

Now baby, baby
As you stand near holding me
Showing me how much you care
A thousand violins fill the air

Now baby, baby
Don't let this moment end
Keep standing close to me, ooh, so close to me
Baby, baby

Baby, baby
I hear a symphony
A tender melody...

(C)1965 Motown Record Company, LP

I love her SO much! My first album ever when I was 5 was given to me by someone who said, "ah go 'head and keep it' when I took forever to give it back :D Diana Ross and The Supremes Greatest Hits. I just couldn't let it go :no:

Troubleman here's something you will enjoy if its not on the album you have. The whole piece is SO GREAT so you may want to let the whole thing play, HOWEVER

you'll find a special treat for any die hard Marvin fan starts at 3:50

If you've already heard it, enjoy it again. I feel its important to share this with everyone.

Remember, 3:50 :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvQobVH7Dw

God I love this!! :wub:

Last edited:
Thanks, SoS! :)

I never heard this. I love her rendition of "Save the Children", it actually fit her because she was as efficient with her speaking voice as she was her singing voice.

I think a network should put together a concert special in honor of Diana. Sort of like MJ's. This woman deserves to be recognized for her numerous accomplishments. As much as I love Madonna, there very well wouldn't have been one without this legendary lady. Let's show her some respect.

I agree. I don't know where my mind was. Gotta thank God for YouTube. I heard some AMAZING Diana Ross clips since. I love "The Interim", "Brown Baby/Save the Children", "Surrender", "No One Gets the Prize", "I Ain't Been Licked" and saw some of her Caesar's Palace concert from 1979.

She truly was the original pop diva.

i've been telling for years that she is at the top of the Black Female Mount Rushmore Chain especially when it comes to cross over. she did the damn thing and so many people owe a debt to her.

Ain't it? :listeningtomusic

I can't decide between that, "I Hear a Symphony", "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Someday We'll Be Together" which is my favorite Supremes joint.
None of today's female pop stars can walk in Miss Diana's shows. None of them, not beyonce, not even Janet.:)

Whitney Houston can. aside from the Girl Group thing, Whitney did everything else Diana did and just as big.
Loves me some Whitney Houston--the Voice. I was watching Whitney on youtube the other day where she sang for at least 20 minutes--I mean hard songs. That gal was so good; I believe it was for Amercan Music Awards--I had to watch that video about 5 times. The gal was awesome. I hope she gets her voice back--she's sorely missed.

Now, back to the boss, Ms. Ross. One of my favorite albums back in the day was the supremes sings temptations (can't remember exact title). but I used to play that thang to death. Diana and the supremes paved the way for girl groups. Ms. Ross was the IT of the supremes. Love Ms. Ross.

Whitney Houston can. aside from the Girl Group thing, Whitney did everything else Diana did and just as big.
love me some whitney too, but I'm afraid I'mma gonna have to put Miss D out in front, darn woman near turn me on and I'm a woman. She's got sex appeal dripping off her like nobody eose, not even mrs Brown can match that.:lol:

Who here loves Miss Ross?
The Queen of Motown.
04.jpg

Lets talk about The Supremes, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Diana Ross's solo and acting career. Everything.^_^

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6FA340D7A Love Child performance
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJO5LcWGfk Muscles written by some guy called Michael Jackson? Whoever he is:rolleyes:

Central Park Concert
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=azTJQkHDkt4 Beat it and Muscles

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kee3AatNVyc Can't Hurry Love

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wLxM5yZ_MrY Barbra Walters interview 1978
(This comment made me laugh)
cutiehaley (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

did she say youtube at 02:49 ? youtube was not invented then

Niles69 (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

Would have been something, had Ms Ross predicted and invented the word ;-) What she actually said, was: 'I did a little research on YOU TOO' in response to Ms Walters trying to reassure Ms Ross that she didn't need to be afraid of her.

I really happen to love Ms Ross. She has an aura that we will never see from any of these young entertainers today. :( Her middle name is Glamorous!!!!!!

"up-side-down. boy you turn me, in-side-out and roooound, roooound."

tell me about it diana!!!! Michael turns me upside down!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

hmmmm....i think it's time to watch the wiz!!!!!

:yes: :yes:

Last edited:
Diana "The Boss" Ross is one of my fave female entertainers ever! I absolutely love her!

Diana-Ross-blue-01.jpg

My fave songs of hers are:

I'm Coming Out
Muscles
Now That You're Gone
Give Up
My Old Piano
Do You Know Where You're Going To
Touch Me In The Morning
Upside Down
My Mistake Was To Love You (w/ Marvin Gaye)
Love Hangover
Sweet Summertime Livin'

And The Entire Blue album pratically!

Last edited:
i have the supremes greatest hits album and a few diana songs are on there...my all time fave supreme song is 'someday we'll be together'...that was played @ flo's funeral...

Back