Ne-Yo suing R Kelly

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0102081neyo1.html

R&B crooner Ne-Yo is suing R. Kelly. The lawsuit, which was filed in Los Angeles on Monday, December 31st, alleges that Ne-Yo was fired as an opening act from Kelly's tour a few months ago because he outshined the headliner and got a better response from the crowd.
Ne-Yo wants his money!
The singer claims that he was set to earn $785,000 for opening for Kelly at a minimum of 25 concerts.
A 2004 tour with R. Kelly and Jay-Z also ended in litigation.

But he does need to pay Ne-Yo because that was wrong how he kicked him off of his tour like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
the lawsuit is against Rowe Entertainment not R Kelly. And how did this thread go from being about the lawsuit between Rowe entertaiment and ne-yo to being about R's case????

0102081neyo1.gif

Last edited:
all of the off-topic discussion has been removed. this thread isn't about r-kelly's trial guys :)

i don't know how ne yo could make that suit stick. 'outshining' is a matter of opinion...

but this is getting bad..

Last edited:
i don't know how ne yo could make that suit stick. 'outshining' is a matter of opinion...

but this is getting bad..

well, but remember he had a contract with r.kelly...and because he was fired or asked to leave the tour, r. kelly still has to pay him...cuz ne-yo was @ every concert and did what he was supposed to do...i wish him the best, i have ne-yo's album and it's really good.

well, but remember he had a contract with r.kelly...and because he was fired or asked to leave the tour, r. kelly still has to pay him...cuz ne-yo was @ every concert and did what he was supposed to do...i wish him the best, i have ne-yo's album and it's really good.

correction the contract was with the promoter Rowe entertainment not r kelly. thats why the lawsuit is neyo VS rowe entertainment. hes NOT suing r kelly. the thread title is wrong.

0102081neyo1.gif

ne-yo's gonna win, cuz when you have a contract and the other party breaks it...it's no doubt gonna be a court victory...but i hope ne-yo tours with someone better, like justin or beyonce...

I wasn't even aware that Ne-Yo and R. Kelly were touring together, I guess I'm really out of the loop. :lol:

Anyway, I hope Ne-Yo wins. It seems like R. Kelly is known for firing his openings acts for less than credible reasons.

always hunting season on R.Kelly. tour promotors make the calls not fellow artists. the tour Promotors don't care who is precieved as dominating a stage or a tour they only care about there money. NeYo's dumb self didn't handle his paper work properly and since it is hunting season R.Kelly then sure blame him for this or that. R.kelly been around 20 years almost like he is gonna be worried over some chap stick tomato head looking turkey like NeYo? NeYo with the same 20 sleepy time songs. give me a break.

Back