Britney Spears: Taken to hospital (mental evaluation?)

TSCM

Proud Member
(Story developing)

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/33449

Britney Spears rushed to hospital in Los Angeles

Britney Spears has been rushed to hospital in Los Angeles after a dramatic stand-off with police at her home last night (January 3).

She was wheeled out of her home on a gurney and taken to hospital. Her medical condition is unknown, although it is being reported by that she was under the influence of an unknown substance when police arrived.

Police cars, ambulances and fire trucks rushed to Spears’ home yesterday evening at The Summit, a gated community in Los Angeles after she reportedly refused to turn over her two sons to their father after a visit.

Jayden James and Sean Preston were visiting their mother this afternoon and were scheduled to be returned to their father at 7pm. When Federline’s bodyguards arrived to pick up the children, Spears’ apparently refused to hand them over.

The children were eventually returned safely to their father’s care at around 11pm.

Spears was taken to a Los Angeles hospital just before midnight local time, the ambulance surrounded by swarms of paparazzi as it left the gated area where she lives.

Stay tuned to NME.COM for the latest updates on this story as it unfolds.

Last edited:
Its sad! I really don't think she will be around for much longer at this rate.

:(
I wish Britney gets her life back on track soon..

This is not good.....not a good sign for her at all!

Somebody has goota help this woman before its too late! put all fun and joking aside, she needs assistance like now!

This is not good.....not a good sign for her at all!

Somebody has goota help this woman before its too late! put all fun and joking aside, she needs assistance like now!

She's getting assistance. She's being taken to hospital. Besides, you can't help those who don't want to be helped.

(Picture deleted per member request. -- Mod Administrator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sh!t they had to tie her down... thats a bad sign right there... maybe something mental...Im so sorry for her right now she needs to get out of the toxic environment she's in.

Can we take the pictures away here?
Gosh she's a human being!

It's just so disrespecting towards her! Wow I feel true and honest hate towards those paparazzi and the whole business around them making them exist!

We as Michael Jackson fans should behave very well aware and empathically I think.
Whatever she's suffering from it's a private matter! We shouldn't feel any need to discuss it or speculate about it!

Well wishes are welcome though!

Britney I hope you'll make it back to enjoy yourself and life again!
Please get well!

It's bad. :(
I've begun to think that maybe this all isn't just alcohol, drugs and rebeling. She may be really mentally ill. And she needs treatment for it. I hope soon.

It's just so disrespecting towards her! Wow I feel true and honest hate towards those paparazzi and the whole business around them making them exist!

.So true!!

Everything is just TOO much for her.. She really needs a break and time to re-think, re-plan, and heal..

It's bad. :(
I've begun to think that maybe this all isn't just alcohol, drugs and rebeling. She may be really mentally ill. And she needs treatment for it. I hope soon.

well raingirl, u may be right.

http://www.nme.com/news/britney-spears/33466
Britney Spears on mental lockdown

Britney Spears is currently on a ‘medical hold’ at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, it is being reported today.

After last night’s incident at Spears home in which she was strapped to a gurney and taken by ambulance to the medical facility, more details are slowly emerging about the drama.

The troubled star is being held on what is known as a ‘5150 Hold’, described as “When any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled."

She was taken to the hospital just after midnight local time last night, following a stand-off during which she apparently locked herself in a room with her youngest song Jayden James, refusing to turn him over after a scheduled custodial visit yesterday.

He was also admitted to the hospital. No injuries were reported.

The court-appointed monitor who was present at the time called police, who rushed to Spears’ home at The Summit gated community.

She will reportedly be on lockdown for 72 hours.

The ambulance carrying Spears was surrounded by paparazzi who photographed the star in a variety of moods from laughing to crying.

Meanwhile, attorneys for Spears and ex-husband Kevin Federline were in court today for an emergency custody meeting following last night’s events.

No details of the meeting have emerged, and Federline’s laywer Mark Vincent Kaplan refused to speak to the media directly, citing it ‘inappropriate’ doe to the serious nature of last night.

Spears’ father Jamie Spears arrived at the hospital in the early hours of the morning and remains there with his daughter. When contacted by TV show ‘Access Hollywood’, Spears’ mother Lynne tearfully said ‘Just say prayers’.

Initial police reports that Spears was under the influence of an unknown substance remain unconfirmed.

oh, i feel bad for her. realy bad that she has come to this...

the entire family needs prayers at this time. They are under a lot of pressure which is at most very stressful.
I wish them well and the best for her children.

We as Michael Jackson fans should behave very well aware and empathically I think.
Whatever she's suffering from it's a private matter! We shouldn't feel any need to discuss it or speculate about it!

Well wishes are welcome though!

Britney I hope you'll make it back to enjoy yourself and life again!
Please get well!
Mechi, I did delete the pictures. Anyone wanting to see them can go to any news outlet or Google them.

However, members do have the right to disagree or discuss Ms. Spears. As we are being more liberal with our discussions on Mr. Jackson, likewise for other artists, as long as members are generally respectful towards one another.

Thanks!

Mechi, I did delete the pictures. Anyone wanting to see them can go to any news outlet or Google them.

However, members do have the right to disagree or discuss Ms. Spears. As we are being more liberal with our discussions on Mr. Jackson, likewise for other artists, as long as members are generally respectful towards one another.

Thanks!

Heh, I like that. B)

Thanks!

Well mello, please don't get me wrong... whoever wants to may go that road, whoever feels the need to discuss or speculate about such issues, may do so... not me for sure though and that has to do a lot with me personally being a Michael Jackson fan for many years and what I have experienced him going through. It's simply something I've learned through Michael Jackson even if not only coming from there. Of cuz it's also about how much I'd like just anyone to put their noses in my private issues cuz such noses would be fractured pretty soon whenever in there.

However if ppl feel the need for such topics to me it very often has more to do with escaping from what's going on or even missing in their private lives than for what's really there of interest for that person who is actually talked about, but surely I can live with it! some things will never change, some ppl could, but it's certainly their choice! *shrugs*

Still thanks for taking the pics away. I apreciate it as a sign of respect we can save this way also for eachother not only for Britney Spears!

Well mello, please don't get me wrong... whoever wants to may go that road, whoever feels the need to discuss or speculate about such issues, may do so... not me for sure though and that has to do a lot with me personally being a Michael Jackson fan for many years and what I have experienced him going through. It's simply something I've learned through Michael Jackson even if not only coming from there. Of cuz it's also about how much I'd like just anyone to put their noses in my private issues cuz such noses would be fractured pretty soon whenever in there.

However if ppl feel the need for such topics to me it very often has more to do with escaping from what's going on or even missing in their private lives than for what's really there of interest for that person who is actually talked about, but surely I can live with it! some things will never change, some ppl could, but it's certainly their choice! *shrugs*

Still thanks for taking the pics away. I apreciate it as a sign of respect we can save this way also for eachother not only for Britney Spears!
Thank you for your approval.

But peeps can still discuss this as long they aren't cutting each other up in here....

Spears loses custody of kids to K-Fed

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 11 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears was apparently spending a second day in a hospital Saturday, the result of a bizarre standoff that brought police to her house and led a judge to award ex-husband Kevin Federline custody of their two sons. A court commissioner on Friday gave Federline sole physical and legal custody of 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James, and suspended Spears' visitation rights.

Commissioner Scott Gordon's ruling came a day after Spears was hauled away from her home by paramedics after police had to intervene when she refused to return the children to Federline after a court-monitored visit.

Gordon ordered another hearing to be held Jan. 14.
Federline had previously been awarded temporary custody of the boys because the 26-year-old pop singer has defied court orders, resulting in limitations on her visitation.

"I'm not happy about any of these events," Federline attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan said when he left the closed-door emergency hearing Friday afternoon. "There's no winners here."
Kaplan said he went to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after Spears was admitted, but he declined to provide any details about the pop star, her ex-husband or their sons.
Hospital spokeswoman Simi Singer wouldn't confirm or deny reports in entertainment media that Spears would be held for 72 hours for psychological evaluation. The reports didn't identify their sources.

The drama began around 8 p.m. Thursday when officers were called to her home to help resolve a dispute over her refusal to turn the children over to Federline as dictated by their custody agreement.
It took two to three hours to resolve the conflict, Los Angeles police Officer Ana Aguirre said.
"Police resolved the conflict," Aguirre said. "Both children were turned over to her ex-husband Kevin Federline for custody, and she was in fact taken to a local hospital for medical treatment."
Early police reports said officers thought Spears might have been under the influence of some substance, but Aguirre said there was no evidence of that.
"Our understanding is that was not the case," she said.
Officers at the scene determined that paramedics "needed to be called" but it was unclear why, she said.
"We're not aware of any type of injuries that she sustained" and she was not combative with authorities, Aguirre said.
Spears wasn't arrested in connection with the custody dispute, she said.
"There was no actual crime that was involved," Aguirre said.

Spears and Federline married in October 2004. Her life has spiraled downward since their divorce in July. She has been photographed without underwear and appeared to be drunk and out-of-control in public. She shaved her head, beat a car with an umbrella and spent a month in rehab.
She had hoped to regain her pop crown with a much-hyped performance at MTV's Video Music Awards in September, but it was universally panned by fans and critics. Still, Spears latest album, "Blackout," earned positive reviews when it was released in October and brought Spears her first No. 1 hit in years, "Gimme More."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080105/ap_on_en_mu/people_spears

^ OMG! Can things get any worse? Gosh, there's only a limit to what a person can take! I feel really, really sorry for her :cry:. She's in my prayers.

P.S. I don't feel sorry for her sister cause it's not like she's ill or anything, i personally think Jamie shouldn't have slept with the guy....like i do with any 16 year old.

Britneys mum sure did a fine Job raising her kids :mello:, but i hope Birtney gets her life on track the media are totaly making this a bigger issue each min ;)

let's all feel bad for the crazy one while we condemn her pregnant teen sister....im confused w/ that logic

:rolleyes: :huh:

Anyway, I officially stopped bashing Britney because it is possible that she might have a mental illness.

I hope she gets it together.

I do not know if any of you guys watch the tmz.com show but that sicko, Harvey Levin was like, "this story was huge for us". I was disgusted. I am the first one to scream at Britney and hate on her, but if it is proven that she is mentally ill, Harvey better apologized for that nasty ass comment he said.

http://www.tmz.com/

Brit Probably Bipolar

Posted Jan 5th 2008 11:06AM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has even more evidence now that this is NOT a case of substance abuse. As we already reported, we're told Brit has all the symptoms of what appears to be some sort of bipolar disorder. This is becoming the universal operating theory from people in both Brit and K-Fed's camps. They are privately hoping the docs properly diagnose her at Cedars.

Also, there are reports swirling about all the people in Brit's home who came to her rescue; who broke the door down, who just lingered. You would think she was having a pre-pre-pre Super Bowl party.

In fact, we know that aside from the monitor, there were a grand total of two others in the house -- aside from Brit and the kids. The two were both hired help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have another story there but I refuse to post it because it looks like they are exposing her situation.

:rolleyes: :huh:

Anyway, I officially stopped bashing Britney because it is possible that she might have a mental illness.

I hope she gets it together.

I do not know if any of you guys watch the tmz.com show but that sicko, Harvey Levin was like, "this story was huge for us". I was disgusted. I am the first one to scream at Britney and hate on her, but if it is proven that she is mentally ill, Harvey better apologized for that nasty ass comment he said.
R U kidding? Harvey Levin only cares for Harvey Levin. I hate how TMZ has blown up with their gorilla tactics....

Back