We should have seen this coming.. Mike and T-Pain

BONGANI

Proud Member
Akon and T-bloody Pain in the Ass are from the same Vein, so we should have forseen him meeting up with Michael. Now This "T-Bloody-Pain in the ass" has got away with alot of things: Retouching his voice when singing, His lame to the core lyrics, his overlooped monotonous beats and Making waves while at it.. but actually meeting up with MICHAEL JACKSON? WHAT? I think T-Bloody-Pain in the ass" is the worst artist to ever to get a deal. I'd listen to Afroman or Lou Bega anytime over T-Pain, reall he PERSONIFIES the word rediculous.
T-Pain is riding the charts Like crazy rite now which brings me to my point.. I dont think Michael heard T-Pains "Buy you a drink" or "I'm in love with a stripper" and said "wow this guy is wonderful". MJ still wants to ride the charts as badly as he did back in the 80's and he just handpicked all these clowns who are BIG today since collaborations seem to be the order of the day these days.
I really hope Michael does not like what this joke of an artist has to offer and dump the track, (if its made), just like he did with Diddy. If that doesnt happen I'l have to console Myself with what WBSS21 said that at the end of the day, it'l be Michaels Timing, Michaels arrangment and best of all his vocals on the track. As long as its that, then I'l have to TRUST Michael, as long as T pain keeps his Pen out of the way coz I dont want to see Mike singing "We in the club like..ooo... oooo....oooo" anytime soon.

I think people should just let Michael work with whomever he wants to and then buy the finished product if they want to or don't. Michael very well may like T-Pain; simply because some of these people don't meet fans individual standards don't mean that he can't work with them to see if it produces something good or not.

I'm sure that there are certain people in some other genres of music, such as classical and gospel, that might make the same type of statements if they heard that Michael was collaborating with an esteemed artist in that genre by trying to reduce him to being just a pop star.

I think that what is going on here is that Michael is asking for a certain standard to be reached by all of these people that we have heard collaborating with him. If that is reached, he will accept it; if not, he will not accept it.

And most importantly, you are probably not hearing about plenty of other collaborations because they just aren't on the media's radar right now or such has been kept underwraps on purpose.

Let Michael create. He is the artist in this area; it is his creations and talents that made you a fan. Trying to change what he creates would be no different than what some of you all are accusing all these "hot for today" acts of doing when thus far there has been no evidence of that. Comments from them have only been about respecting Michael's talents, directness, control, and expectations in the studio.

I think people should just let Michael
Let Michael create. He is the artist in this area; it is his creations and talents that made you a fan.
True, but like I said, T-Pain keep his pen out of any work thats done otherwise we'l be hearing Michael sing something along these lines:

[T-Pain:]
Snap Ya Fingers Do The Step You Can Do It All By Yourself

[Verse 1:]
Baby Girl
Whats Your Name
Let Me Talk To You
Let Me Buy You A Drink
I'm T-Pain, You Know Me
Konvict Music Have Every Boy Like Ohh Wee
I Know The Club Close At 3
Whats The Chance A You Rollin Wit Me
Back To The Crib
Show You How I Live
Lets Get Drunk Forget What We Did

[Chorus:]
Imma Buy You A Drank
Then Imma Take You Home With Me
I Got Money In The Bank
Shawty Whachu Think Bout That
Find Me In The Grey Cadillac
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ohh, Ooh Ooh
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh

[Verse 2:]
Talk To Me, I Talk Back
Lets Talk Money, I Top That
Crunk Juice Bottle
Oakly Shades
Shawty Got Class
Oh Behave
Lets Get Gone
Walk It Out (Walk It Out)
Just Like That
That's What I'm Talkin' Bout
We Gone Have Fun
You Gone See
On That Patron
You Should Get Like Me

Imma Buy You A Drank
I Got Money In The Bank
[Buy You A Drink lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ohh, Ooh Ooh
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh

[Verse 3: Young Joc]
Wont You Meet Me At The Bar
Respect Big Pimpin'
Tell Me How You Feel
Mama Tell Me What You Sippin'
A Certified Dime Piece
Deserve Louy 1-3
150 A Shot
3 For You And 3 For Me
I'm Checkin' Yo Body Language
I Love The Conversation
And When You Lick Your Lips
I Get A Tinglin' Sensation
Now Were Both Bout Tipsy
You Say You In The Mood
All I Need Is Bout A Hour
Better Yet Maybe Two
Let Me Take You Where I Live
Ferrari Switch Gears
When I Whisper In Ya Ear
Ya Legs Hit The Chandleer
Passion Fruit And Sex
All In The Atmosphere
Imma Let T-Pain Sing It
So He Can Make It Clear

Imma Buy You A Drank
I Got Money In The Bank
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ohh, Ooh Ooh
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh

[Verse 4:]
Lets Get Gone
Walk It Out
(Now Walk It Out Bang Yo Body, Aaahhh Snap)
Now Rock Rock Rock Rock
You Can Do It All By Yo'self
[x2]

Imma Buy You A Drank
I Got Money In The Bank
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ohh, Ooh Ohh
We In The Bed Like
Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh
2147442032.jpg

AND HE HAS THE NERVE TO CALL HIMSELF A SONGWRITER..
Its A good thing Mike said he writing the majority of the work himself..

Last edited:
ROFL , Bongani I know bruv..I had this irksome feeling ever since hearing about T-Pain..just when I was consoling myslef about Akon/ruining a classic Wannabe startin in the process.

I'm holding back because I dont want to sound too judgemental or negative...I think perhaps Michael is testing the waters with these hip hop/rap people..its good to know what are potential collaboration and definitely not good ones so perhaps the only way you would know is if you speak and work with them a little.

Keep the Faith!

Didn't Usher say in a recent interview that he had a single from his upcoming album that could (possibly?) feature MJ AND T-Pain? Maybe they met to work over that...at least I hope so...:unsure:

Trying to change what he creates would be no different than what some of you all are accusing all these "hot for today" acts of doing when thus far there has been no evidence of that. .

REALY? Listen to HEARTBREAKER and you'l get your "evidence":(

p.s I love Vince though..;)

LOL :lol:

Come on, you don't seriously believe that, do you? Michael has standards. Listen to what he says about his music and what he wants his music to say and do over the coming years.

What makes a song great is a combination of things--melody, lyrics, voice, style, etc. as well as the sentiments that the song evokes.

All of Michael's lyrics and songs from J5 days to present weren't always the most profound and intellectual but the combination of the above along with standards made them great songs.

Again, I think that the opposite is going to happen. I think he is challenging these guys to raise their standards. I don't think they even have the nerve to step to Michael Jackson with a bunch of BS because they are fans of his music and knows what he has done and not done in the past. They want to appear on his upcoming album and offering him lame music and lyrics that don't reach a cross section of the public won't cut it. I think that they know this and will take it to heart because they know that Michael has no problem not including a collaboration on his released work.

I do know one thing. When all of this is finished, I would love to hear Michael and all these collaborators discuss their experiences; I think it would be interesting to see how both sides came away different of with new things learned from each other.

By the way, as for Michael enjoying this type of music . . .

I think that he takes music in different styles for what it is. He knows some of this is just for a quick hit/sale by the industry and performer.

But, I think that he can enjoy it also. Remember Michael dancing in the car to R. Kelly's Ignition Remix song during his show with the private home movies? Listen to the lyrics in that song but Michael sure seemed to be enjoying it and jamming to it.

I loved seeing him just dancing to a song naturally and not in some choreographed routine. That was definitely cool. I do wish we could see more of that.

ROFL , Bongani I know bruv..I had this irksome feeling ever since hearing about T-Pain..just when I was consoling myslef about Akon/ruining a classic Wannabe startin in the process.

I'm holding back because I dont want to sound too judgemental or negative...I think perhaps Michael is testing the waters with these hip hop/rap people..its good to know what are potential collaboration and definitely not good ones so perhaps the only way you would know is if you speak and work with them a little.

Keep the Faith!
I was holding back too when I found out on Wednesday but I just couldnt help it anymore. Michael is LOOKING FOR A HIT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, thats not a bad thing.. he did it when He worked with Teddy Riley who had New Jack Swing in his hands back in the Dangerous Era, he did it with Rodney Jerkins who also had alota hits around 1999 onwards.. He obvoisly going to do it now with T-Pain. But in this particular case I cant help but worry, wouldnt you if you saw those lyrics I posted above? THATS WHY I MANTAIN THAT THIS CLOWN BETTER NOT DO THE WRITING!

At the end of the day I just want an album full of Michael. Bunk the rest.

LOL :lol:

I don't think they even have the nerve to step to Michael Jackson with a bunch of BS because they are fans of his music and knows what he has done and not done in the past. They want to appear on his upcoming album and offering him lame music and lyrics that don't reach a cross section of the public won't cut it..

I'M TALKING ABOUT T-PAIN, other collaborators? Well thats another show lets stick to T Pain. I know for a fact that when he aint singing about "getting girls drunk" he singing about "strippers". He CANNOT come up with something better for Michael coz His so called talent is limited to degrading women and singing about alcahol in songs. Those lyrics I posted aboove are all over his two albums.

At the end of the day I just want an album full of Michael. Bunk the rest.
Dont get it twisted, I'D Buy that album even if Michael was just humming on it because I want him to put food on the table. All I'm saying is just T-BLOOD PAIN IN THE ASS doesnt deserve to be half a mile from this album. I'm just worried that he doesnt do any song -writing in this project, otherwise fear the worst.

Alright People see you on Monday I gotta go. Cant wait to hear what ya'l have to say on Monday, including those other bitchy fans who hate it when other fans voice their caoncerns:lol: See ya^_^

Man, at this point, I don't care who Michael decides to work with. I'm just GLAD he's working. LOL!

And even if I cared, I wouldn't waste my time getting twisted everytime somebody says they had a "meeting" with MJ.

I remember way, WAY back, when Mike was in Bahrain and he was hanging out with DJ Whoo Kid. As I recall, Whoo Kid was going on and on about his participation in Mike's new album and we haven't heard a word from Whoo Kid since. LOL! I think Whoo Kid was the 1st to make that claim and a million folks have followed.

I'm just gonna sit back and let Michael do his thing.

Exactly.

Why complain about something that hasn't even been heard?

What are people going to do if Michael wrote lyrics that they disagreed with?

I'm not one for the degrading of women, etc. in songs either. But, that doesn't mean the person can't do better if challenged. Maybe, maybe not. Apparently, Michael at least wants to see what is cabable by people, including T-Pain.

People can say what they want to . . . but I see some of this complaining and worrying over music not even recorded and/or released as a lack of trust in Michael's talent and judgment when it comes to his music. Otherwise, the collaborations with anyone, whether it is T-Pain, Kanye West, or Mr. and Mrs. Unknown, would not be scaring or worrying anyone.

Michael knows what he wants with his new music. He is not a feather in the studio to be blown over. We have heard that over and over from him and others. Anything that has been on his previous albums were on there with his blessings. The same will be for this one. Now, the problem may come with whether some fans still like his direction in music. If not, no problem, then; Michael will just have moved in a different direction. But, in the end, it is his direction that I'm most interested in and hope that we get, even if it is remixed showtunes.

Last edited:
Maybe all Mike's doing is trying to secretly collect everyone's formula TODAY for "how in the world are they so great?"

Like T-Pain, he knows how to get a catchy rhythm and melody, also with Neyo, getting out the deep lyrics that penetrate you and leave you listening again and again. Like Akon, the unique persona he has, of what he's about, not caring what he did or where he came from, but damn proud of it, still making it big.

Those aspects I think MJ sees in them, makes them famous.

Kanye - developing his own personal style in arrayment. He's another one. And staying true to the old school method of rap.

Mike might just take those little things from each of them, and add his own flavor. Not let them write, not let them pick a tune, but let them just put their own coin into his magic hat and see what happens.

Last edited:
Michael could, would, should work with anyone to see WHAT can come out of it.. You know Michael will probably do A LOT/ A LOT of songs. This album is important to him and you know he'll be picking and chosing from dozens and dozens of songs that are presented to him and by him...

He'll pick the best ones..

Roger Troutman and/or Peter Frampton would've been better off working with Mike than T-Pain but I guess when you're trying to make a statement of sorts, pick the guy who's got the "most hits" at the time. :lol:

I still wonder why TIMBALAND's name ain't shown up yet and NO I'm not saying he should work with him but everyone else keeps popping up. :lol: Next thing you know Fergie would say she's doing something NEW with Michael.

Honestly, Michael has been doing this "gotta get a star on my album" all my life. Least in "Off the Wall", he was the ONLY star on it with Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder taking the back seat as songwriters while Patti Austin added some jazz bravado in "It's the Falling in Love" (love that song).

In "Thriller", Vincent Price, Paul, Howard Hewett (background) and Eddie Van Halen came in.

In "Bad" there was Stevie.

"Dangerous" - he worked half of it with Teddy and it featured Heavy D. and Wreckz-N-Effect and the Princess of Monaco, lol.

"HIStory" featured Biggie and Boyz II Men.

"Invincible" had Biggie again (posthumously this time and sampled from another song), Chris Tucker (in an interlude before "You Rock My World"), etc.

He worked with R. Kelly on "HIStory", "Invincible" and "One More Chance" from the "Number Ones" collection.

He did something with Babyface with "On the Line" (great song) and "You Are My Life".

I figured if any guests should be on MJ's album, it should be Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo Green while Danger Mouse provides the production. Danger Mouse's productions seem more fitting to Michael than anything T-Pain puts out, real talk.

But in reality I think T-Pain would only be just ONE OF THOSE GUYS that got close to the King, wanted to work with him and/or worked with him but he left his songs off the cutting room floor.

And the difference here is he ain't on no label really so if he was still an artist on Sony, you don't think they'd pick T-Pain for Michael to work with and Akon, don't think they wouldn't. And how we know Michael picks these guys, Sony could've very well picked them and Michael agreed to it. You know how nonchalant Michael is, lol.

Maybe all Mike's doing is trying to secretly collect everyone's formula TODAY for "how in the world are they so great?"

Like T-Pain, he knows how to get a catchy rhythm and melody, also with Neyo, getting out the deep lyrics that penetrate you and leave you listening again and again. Like Akon, the unique persona he has, of what he's about, not caring what he did or where he came from, but damn proud of it, still making it big.

Those aspects I think MJ sees in them, makes them famous.

Kanye - developing his own personal style in arrayment. He's another one. And staying true to the old school method of rap.

Mike might just take those little things from each of them, and add his own flavor. Not let them write, not let them pick a tune, but let them just put their own coin into his magic hat and see what happens.

He almost always does that. :lol: I don't think he'll ever be a guest on his own album. Hell, all Akon and T-Pain could only do on Mike's album is be co-writers. I just can't stand their damn voices. I can live with Kanye's and Will's though that "Girl is Mine" rap was BLEH! :lol:

I think people should just let Michael work with whomever he wants to and then buy the finished product if they want to or don't. Michael very well may like T-Pain; simply because some of these people don't meet fans individual standards don't mean that he can't work with them to see if it produces something good or not.

I'm sure that there are certain people in some other genres of music, such as classical and gospel, that might make the same type of statements if they heard that Michael was collaborating with an esteemed artist in that genre by trying to reduce him to being just a pop star.

I think that what is going on here is that Michael is asking for a certain standard to be reached by all of these people that we have heard collaborating with him. If that is reached, he will accept it; if not, he will not accept it.

And most importantly, you are probably not hearing about plenty of other collaborations because they just aren't on the media's radar right now or such has been kept underwraps on purpose.

Let Michael create. He is the artist in this area; it is his creations and talents that made you a fan. Trying to change what he creates would be no different than what some of you all are accusing all these "hot for today" acts of doing when thus far there has been no evidence of that. Comments from them have only been about respecting Michael's talents, directness, control, and expectations in the studio.

BUMP :rolleyes:

I think people should stop PANICKING and wait until the finished project comes out. Who knows if any of Akons, TPain's or anyone of those songs will make the album.

Further more, MJ's the creative executive in all of this, so just cuz TPain POSSIBLY may be working with Mj on this DOESN'T mean MJ's is gonna sound like Tpain on the album or something. They might have a good song and TPain MAY be on it...I don't like Tpain as much as the next person BUT...if MJ and Tpain are on a HOT song, I'm not gonna hate it just cuz TPain is on it.

i dont know who this person is but then again i m only interested in real music and not in what pple are calling music these days sorry for those who like that modern (hahaha)style
and i think michael is too good to get involved in carbage AND LET OTHERS TAKE OVER HIS PRJECTS LOL like rapPERS and artists who can only sell albums by masking filtyhy clips that decent pple dont want their kids to see :lol:come on if you can only sell an album by dressing girls up like prostitutes and guys like pimps well to me that says it all :(so much for todays music
allthouh some of them actually do have talent but trow it away by doing those things too :(
I LLPROBABLY GET LOT OF COMMENT ON THIS BUT HEY ITS MY HONEST OPINION AND I THINK EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK THEIR MIND

Last edited:
FREE YOUR MIND, mjtributepage, FREE YOUR MIND! :D

Personally, I don't even think the collaborations would be that much. If anything, Michael would only allow them to be CO-WRITERS and I'm sure they won't stand for that. Then, Mike'll kick 'em out of the album.

Least that's what I'm hoping. :rofl: :D

People including us FANS, need to stop jumping to conclusions about the people Michael is working with just because we don't like their work! People are forgetting that this is Michael's project, not theirs. He knows what he is doing! Don't underestimate him! He's the greatest entertainer in the world, he never puts out anything, but the best! That includes every single one of his albums!

As I have said before, I don't think this is so much as Mike wanting to work with the "new kids on the block" as it is him wanting to teach the new dogs old tricks. I think Mike wants to get with the ones who are the most popular right now so he can teach them how it should be done. That we we can stop all the complaining we keep doing about the lack of quality that is out there. Instead of ignoring them, he is giving them what they need to come up and meet the standard that he has set. Makes sense to me.:cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

People including us FANS, need to stop jumping to conclusions about the people Michael is working with just because we don't like their work! People are forgetting that this is Michael's project, not theirs. He knows what he is doing! Don't underestimate him! He's the greatest entertainer in the world, he never puts out anything, but the best! That includes every single one of his albums!

I couldn't agree more! :)

Michael could, would, should work with anyone to see WHAT can come out of it.. You know Michael will probably do A LOT/ A LOT of songs. This album is important to him and you know he'll be picking and chosing from dozens and dozens of songs that are presented to him and by him...

He'll pick the best ones..
:yes:

I think people should stop PANICKING and wait until the finished project comes out. Who knows if any of Akons, TPain's or anyone of those songs will make the album.

Further more, MJ's the creative executive in all of this, so just cuz TPain POSSIBLY may be working with Mj on this DOESN'T mean MJ's is gonna sound like Tpain on the album or something. They might have a good song and TPain MAY be on it...I don't like Tpain as much as the next person BUT...if MJ and Tpain are on a HOT song, I'm not gonna hate it just cuz TPain is on it.

AMEN!

As I have said before, I don't think this is so much as Mike wanting to work with the "new kids on the block" as it is him wanting to teach the new dogs old tricks. I think Mike wants to get with the ones who are the most popular right now so he can teach them how it should be done. That we we can stop all the complaining we keep doing about the lack of quality that is out there. Instead of ignoring them, he is giving them what they need to come up and meet the standard that he has set. Makes sense to me.:cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Watch what I tell ya, these guys are gonna be only selected to be co-writers and not say ish on the record. WATCH! :lol:

Shouts Proud and Loud, "Can You Feeeeeeel IT?!?"

Crushing Crowd Roaring with Applause

:bounce::jumpcrazy::clap::jump1::clap::eek:ncrutches::clap::th_rogerfriedman::clap::stretcher:bounce:clap::clap::dropdead:

Whoa... calm down, 'G'. :p

And why y'all still got FriedChickenWings' smiley up in here? GET IT OUT! :evil: :lol:

Last edited:
Back