Paul Martin (Irish Daily Mirror) has more tour talk

TSCM

Proud Member
Here is a brand new story from Paul Martin of the Irish Daily Mirror (which, despite being a tabloid, was the first publication to talk at length about plans of Michael touring the London O2, long before any other articles started doing so). This article talks more about a Jacksons tour and also has a quote from Raymone. True or not, time will tell.

I'll Be There; *EXCLUSIVE* Jackson to join his brothers for world tour and gig in Ireland

Irish / UK Daily Mirror
Paul Martin

January 3, 2008

MICHAEL Jackson is set to join his brothers for a massive reunion tour this year - that will include a date in Ireland.

The King of Pop met up with them last week to discuss a series of comeback concerts.

They will include live dates around America and Europe including an appearance in Ireland where the moonwalking star lived for most of last year.

While the plans were meant to be top secret, Michael's brother Jermaine has let the big news slip out.

He revealed: "We have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public.

"Michael has to be involved, he is a Jackson.

"We want the tour to be huge. America, Japan and all over Europe. Italy, Germany, England and Ireland - you name it, we want to be there."

The news will ignite a frenzy of excitement among 49-year-old Jackson's fans who stood by him during his child abuse trial.

At the peak of their success the family act - Michael, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Jackie - topped the charts with hits such as I'll Be There, ABC and I Want You Back before splitting in 1990.

Just two months ago news leaked that Jackson was planning a 10- night stint at London's new O2 Arena.

The initial plans were for him to perform a solo tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Thriller album.

But he promised his brothers a reunion tour in 2001 after they sold out two nights at Madison Square Garden to celebrate Michael's 30 years in the music business.

Despite the big family comeback plans a source close to Michael warned said he is notoriously fickle when it comes to tours.

The insider said: "Michael could decide it's all off at any time - he's done it in the past.

"He hasn't toured since 1997 and every year there have been rumours he will hit the road again.

"But if Jermaine is publicly saying it will happen then it's definitely a good sign."

However, Jackson's publicist Raymone K Bain said: "At this time, I am not fully aware of the plans for the tour."

---

Here is the original article that I first posted in July 2007, which speaks of tour talk:

EXCLUSIVE: MJ hunts for Irish venue to thrill fans on world tour

Irish Daily Mirror
Paul Martin

July 27th, 2007

POP king Michael Jackson has asked promoters to find a venue to stage a massive outdoor show in Ireland next summer.

The Thriller star contacted top music figures in Dublin last week to reveal his plans for a tour.

As well as 10 dates at London's O2 Arena he wants to perform in Ireland - the country where he rebuilt his life after the child abuse trial.

A top insider told the Irish Daily Mirror: "The hunt is on to find the ideal venue for a Jackson gig.

"Croke Park would be too big and Lansdowne Road is being re-built so they are out.

"The RDS is being looked at because he performed there on the History tour in 1997.

"There are also other venues being considered that haven't been used for gigs before.

"Michael really wants to do the Dublin show as part of a 100- date world tour."

Jackson, 48, also revealed his plans for an Irish show to Samantha Mumba when he met her in Los Angeles last month.

Dublin pop babe Sam, 24, said: "He said he can't wait to come to Ireland and may be doing a gig at some stage."

Jackson is putting the finishing touches to his new album in America and will release it in November.

He will release a string of singles and then hit the road for a money-spinning tour that could make him up to (EUR) $100 Million.

Other high-profile dates in Paris, Munich, Berlin and Prague are also being planned. The star also looked at the option of staging a residency slot in Las Vegas - but sources say he is desperate to visit Europe.

One insider revealed: "This is the biggest tour of Michael's life -- he wants to reinstate his title as the King of Pop.

"He still has the power to sell-out the biggest venues around the world and is determined to show people that he still has the magic."

---

While we're at it, here is one semi-related article by Paul Martin from July 10th, 2007 where Samantha Mumba talks about meeting Michael (as referenced in the above article):

Sam's Jackson Thriller

Irish Daily Mirror
Paul Martin

July 10, 2007

SUPERSTAR Michael Jackson wraps his arms around pop babe Samantha Mumba - after vowing to save her pop career.

A mutual friend of the pair set up the meeting and Jackson, 48, spent two hours talking to the 24-year-old Dubliner.

Now Thriller star Jackson has swapped numbers with her and said he will pen her a comeback hit.

A source close to the pretty singer told the Irish Daily Mirror: "She has always idolized Michael and was thrilled when the meeting was set up.

"They spent ages talking about music and dancing and then they started to talk about her recording a new album.

"Michael said he had a few songs he has written that he would be prepared to give her.

"This could be the biggest thing that has happened to Sam.

"They have been calling each other up and arranged for lunch again next month.

"Samantha can't believe Michael's her new pal. She can't wipe the grin off her face."

It is five years since her last hit single, when I'm Right Here reached No5 in the UK.

Picture:

michaelsam2007.jpg

Last edited:
i think there is something brewing.. but time will tell..

love that picture with Michael hugging Samantha.

notice how photos like this. is not shown on TMZ.

Last edited:
Cool, can't wait to see what develops. I actually like what Raymone said here, lol. Least she didn't say two words this time. :lol:

AW: Paul Martin (Irish Daily Mirror) has more tour talk

:huh: :praying :bluemj:

Last edited:
There's an awful lot of stuff that should or could be happening this year and there's just twelve months to fit it all in lol. If there is a reunion I can't see it happening until quite late in the year, I guess we'll find out in due course.

I prefer to see a solo concert by MJ than a J5 concert

In those articles Jackie says nothing about the tour. But if he says anything other ways, then it hardly would be about "huge 100 date tour" since it directly and outright contradicts to long running Michael's loathe of big tours. Too much wishful thinking, probably.

There could be few dates, but hardly ever 100 date tour (though I would prefer big venue, but this does not count. ;) )

They didnt mention Canada :S.I know michael hasn tbeen here since the late 80s.I would fly all the way to the west coast to see them :(

I wonder who is leaking all these 'exclusives' to Irish Daily Mirror...somebody is behind all this for sure. :mello:

Quick question peeps, Do you think that if MJ doesn't join the brothers for the tours etc the brothers will do it without him? I mean it seems to me that the brothers and Janet really want this to happen (so do i to be honest) but MJ's camp is kinda lukewarm about this so far. Coz although I want to see the Jacksons back so bad, don't think I will see them without MJ.

that articles not really new, its just rehashing all the talk from the last few months and creating a new article. theres nothing there that we dont know already

If he ever tour again I hope he will do it alone without his brothers.

Last edited:
Quick question peeps, Do you think that if MJ doesn't join the brothers for the tours etc the brothers will do it without him? I mean it seems to me that the brothers and Janet really want this to happen (so do i to be honest) but MJ's camp is kinda lukewarm about this so far. Coz although I want to see the Jacksons back so bad, don't think I will see them without MJ.

Remember when Diana Ross tried to stage that Supremes reunion tour not using all the original members of the group?:huh:

There's no Jackson 5 reunion tour without Michael......if that were possible we would've seen the other members try doing that years ago.

Remember when Diana Ross tried to stage that Supremes reunion tour not using all the original members of the group?:huh:

There's no Jackson 5 reunion tour without Michael......if that were possible we would've seen the other members try doing that years ago.

But the thing is that they did! Remember back in the 80s when there was a disagreement or something between the brothers and MJ didn't feature in some of their songs and videos etc.

The brothers can't carry a tour on their own, they need Michael. I don't think many people would go to see them without Michael. He's the showman, he's the lead singer, he's the man, he basically IS the Jackson Five, he made them what they were.

If he ever tour again I hope he will do it alone without his brothers.

I agree with this. I would go to see Michael ,obviously, if he toured with his brothers, but I would rather he do it on his own. I think his brothers hold him back.

Last edited:
as much as I want this to be true I highly doubt it, I am sorry y'all but I can't see any tours with the Jacksons, i know that Jermaine have talked about it for so long but I have lost all hopes about anything, but if anything's gonna happen, I will definitly be there, NO DOUBT about that!!!!

I think he is doing both.. touring with his brothers and also doing solo dates..

My opinion.. in the USA .. tour with your brothers... Europe.. do solo. and for Asia.. your brothers...

I haven't been here for so long so I dont know what the updates are ..... or even know if its true or not..... gosh ive been so busy doing other things than being on MJ boards.... lol sorry y'all ...

Back