A book about Michael and his fans...guys I need all your support pleaseee

SimonaMJ

Proud Member
Dear friends with the coming of the new year I'd like to express one of my purpose and for make this real I need your help......In few words I'd like to write a book about Michael...but not about Michael himself but rather about his fans......this boook would be made with all Mike's fans' thoughts about him.....to help me in this effort to make a good job as a tribute for our King and supreme idol....one of the most important person in our life.....u would have send to me (with private messages or email:grimilde1@alice.it) all ur thoughts, experiences, what Michael means to u and everything u'd like to tell to him and I'll put them in the book wich will be in Italian and in english. I tell u since now that because I don’t want gain on Michael’ name, if I’ll be able to really write this book with your help, all the money will be given in charity foundations. Remember to write at the end of the text your name, age and location to let people and eventually Michael know who have written the message.....Please help me to make this purpose come true and to make a wonderful tribute to Michael.....I'm sure u will help me in this effort...Thank u all very much
Ps. If u please you could also send me one of your pics so the book could be more living and breathing (as has told me a friend of mine!!) and it would be very very nice and special having an author's pic near the text......

SPREAD THIS IDEA TO EVERY FANS U KNOW PLEASE AND HELP ME THANK YOU.......I SWEAR I' LL DO MY BEST......

First of all congrats for wanting to do this. Writing any book isn't easy let alone one like this. I just think that you should maybe expand a bit on your plans. I mean there are lots of MJ fans with vast memories etc that could contribute but will it be like a collection of quotes from various MJ fans? Also you mentioned that the profit will go to a charity. It may be more useful to specify which one and who will get the right to choose the charity.

The thing is that if the book is basically quotes, pic etc from MJ fans you might need to also look at legal aspects i.e disclaimer etc coz folks change etc some peeps may not be happy with the final work, or may want to be more involved in it for their opinions etc (too many cooks in the kitchen scenario). So just clarify exactly what you intend to do and how.
Look at it from a business prospect and not just a fun uncomplicated thing that because your heart and intentions are on the right place all 'MJ fans' will be the same. There many different types of fans with many different motivations etc.

Its a great idea and I hope you do it. I will be glad to contribute what I can. But be careful, that's all.

First of all congrats for wanting to do this. Writing any book isn't easy let alone one like this. I just think that you should maybe expand a bit on your plans. I mean there are lots of MJ fans with vast memories etc that could contribute but will it be like a collection of quotes from various MJ fans? Also you mentioned that the profit will go to a charity. It may be more useful to specify which one and who will get the right to choose the charity.

The thing is that if the book is basically quotes, pic etc from MJ fans you might need to also look at legal aspects i.e disclaimer etc coz folks change etc some peeps may not be happy with the final work, or may want to be more involved in it for their opinions etc (too many cooks in the kitchen scenario). So just clarify exactly what you intend to do and how.
Look at it from a business prospect and not just a fun uncomplicated thing that because your heart and intentions are on the right place all 'MJ fans' will be the same. There many different types of fans with many different motivations etc.

Its a great idea and I hope you do it. I will be glad to contribute what I can. But be careful, that's all.

Oh really thank u Forever-Mike for all the advises u have given to me....I'm just looking for all the information that I need .....for the charity foundations I think that it will be my right to decide which of them have to receive the money but I guess it's a choice I have to take in the future when the book will be definetely done. But just for example I can say that I think to give th money I'll probably gain with the book a some fundations for underprivileged children(as Michael has ever done in his life) all over the world and for the salvation of animals and nature such as WWF( I am also a member of this), Greenpeace, Unicef and other important and great associations whom now I don't have the names in the back of my mind......for the fans I think the most part of them is done of kind and nice people and I hope they all will take part to this project that is thought for Michael but also for us all...for our great family. Anyway I'll go to put just the first name, the age and location to not violate the right of the privacy. Thank you....I'll wait for all of your script on my mail address....I hope u'll wanna join the project as many as possible....thank u

Oh really thank u Forever-Mike for all the advises u have given to me....I'm just looking for all the information that I need .....for the charity foundations I think that it will be my right to decide which of them have to receive the money but I guess it's a choice I have to take in the future when the book will be definetely done. But just for example I can say that I think to give th money I'll probably gain with the book a some fundations for underprivileged children(as Michael has ever done in his life) all over the world and for the salvation of animals and nature such as WWF( I am also a member of this), Greenpeace, Unicef and other important and great associations whom now I don't have the names in the back of my mind......for the fans I think the most part of them is done of kind and nice people and I hope they all will take part to this project that is thought for Michael but also for us all...for our great family. Anyway I'll go to put just the first name, the age and location to not violate the right of the privacy. Thank you....I'll wait for all of your script on my mail address....I hope u'll wanna join the project as many as possible....thank u

No Probs! I deal with these things and to be honest sometimes you got to look at all the possibilities although some of them aren't pretty. Glad to have been of some help.

Also it may be a good idea if you specify that there is a maximum of words etc from each fan that contributes to avoid receiving like 50-pages of stuff from 100000 people!!! etc.

Will e-mail you soon and feel free to ask me anything and i will do my best to assist as i can.
XXX

SimonaMJ, I will submit something as well. ForeverMike gave you some advice. I am glad that you took in the spirit in which it was intended.

I would also encourage you to be careful with your language. Saying things like "supreme idol" will cause some people (including publishers) to dismiss the project out of hand.

SimonaMJ, I will submit something as well. ForeverMike gave you some advice. I am glad that you took in the spirit in which it was intended.

I would also encourage you to be careful with your language. Saying things like "supreme idol" will cause some people (including publishers) to dismiss the project out of hand.

Thank u Born maybe I have emphasized too much the language but it was to let people being willing to join the project with joy and cheerfulness....
Thank u Forever but I haven't understood if with that "Will" u were meaning that u have the idea to join the project sendin me some script of urs....anyway for the pages I guess and hope that every person knows that it's impossible for me putting in the book 50 pages from only one person....thank u for the possibility to ask u some help...and I have to ask u a question........in your opinion why this thread has received so few answers? in ur opinion aren't the people of this community interested in helping me in this idea sending me something to write a book about and for Michael and his fans? I haven't been here since so long time and maybe u know fans of this place better than me so maybe u can explain it.....thank you very much

Thank u Born maybe I have emphasized too much the language but it was to let people being willing to join the project with joy and cheerfulness....
Thank u Forever but I haven't understood if with that "Will" u were meaning that u have the idea to join the project sendin me some script of urs....anyway for the pages I guess and hope that every person knows that it's impossible for me putting in the book 50 pages from only one person....thank u for the possibility to ask u some help...and I have to ask u a question........in your opinion why this thread has received so few answers? in ur opinion aren't the people of this community interested in helping me in this idea sending me something to write a book about and for Michael and his fans? I haven't been here since so long time and maybe u know fans of this place better than me so maybe u can explain it.....thank you very much

I wasn't going to send you manuscripts etc I was just saying that I could send you my memories about MJ as a fan. I was also wondering if you would want different takes on the MJ experience from fans. What I mean is that for e.g My experience bit will be about how I grew up listening to J5 from my folks and got into MJ during Thriller etc. It will be very much a short/summarized account of my experience with MJ's music. Someone else's may say be on a certain MJ concert they went to, or his humanitarianism or sex appeal or even his song writing and/or vocal abilities etc etc

Would you want a variety of individual 'experiences' or is there like a specific theme you are aiming for?

Oh yeah I forgot to add ^^ Peeps will get involved don't worry or see it as a lack of support. Its probably folks thinking it threw and all to see what they can contribute etc.

This is from my latest blog...it kind of explains MY perception of the appeal of Michael Jackson to fans:

The appeal of MJ goes far beyond the music. It touches you on a human level. He is such a humanitarian, and I look up to that so much. He has been hurt and betrayed a lot, and that is another reason why he appeals to me.

You see, when I was young, I was teased, ridiculed, humiliated and harrassednon-stop for about 8-9 years during my time in grade school...for this reason, MJ appeals to me, cause I felt like I was robbed of feeling good about those years of my life. One day, the WHOLE BUS decided to pick on me, pushing me and verbally abusing me, INCLUDING THE SCHOOL BUS DRIVER!!

It got to the boiling point one day when I was in school. I got excused from class to go to the bathroom..I was about 12 or 13 at the time. Well, this one girl (the chief instigator all along) got wind of that, and she and her girlfriend posse followed me in. I was already in one stall, with my panties down at my ankles doing my personal business. Well, SHE decided right then and there to try to open the stall door by kicking it!! My God, I couldn't even go to the BATHROOM alone!! She kicked the door open, and I just saw her and then I saw red. I calmly wiped myself, put back on my personal clothing, straightened up, then proceeded to WIPE the FLOOR with her. I think I cold-cocked her. It was scary, I was that mad. I even entertained thoughts of KILLING her, I was that angry. HOW DARE SHE INVADE MY PRIVACY LIKE THIS?

I left her in a heap on the bathroom floor, with her little girlfriend posse fawning over her saying "Poor Baby"...I just wanted to VOMIT on her at that point. I then went to the sink, calmly washed my hands (as calmly as I could, I was trembling uncontrollably - tried to keep my tears at bay...) and looked down at her and said "Number one, Do NOT EVER harrass me ever again, do you hear me AND Number TWO, IF you want to CONTINUE this little fight, we can meet after school - I'll FINISH THE JOB - COUNT ON IT!"

I went back to class, trembling and trying hard not to cry. It really irritated and hurt me that I had to hurt someone like that to get them to stop the harrassment. I didn't feel that I should have been pushed into doing something like that. It was depressing. I hate hurting ANYONE. And I did NOT like the idea of feeling out of control like that.

Yeah, it happened a long time ago - but I just wanted to share. Sharing makes the hurt less unbearable. I am 49 years old now, and I still think about all of that harrassment and humiliation even to this day...

But getting back to the topic at hand, and that is, why is there such an appeal to Michael Jackson? I think it has to do a lot with fans finding some bit of his persona that they can identify with. For some, it is the black heritage. For others, it is the outcast, the misfit. For even others, it is identifying with their inner child. Whatever the reason, you will find every fan has a good one. That is my personal opinion. Just the other day, I got a personal message from a fan who has cerebral palsy. Not only does this fan identify with MJ with regards to being a "misfit", but also on a social outcast level too.

MJ has many wonderful, fantastic, devoted fans...each one has their own personal reason why they adore him. Michael Jackson hits you in a visceral level....down to the very pit of your soul. If you love the music, you start looking past that and find a very deep connection with the man..It would be very interesting to one day try to meet as many fans as possible, and compile this list of reasons why fans are so devoted to him..

This is from my latest blog...it kind of explains MY perception of the appeal of Michael Jackson to fans:

The appeal of MJ goes far beyond the music. It touches you on a human level. He is such a humanitarian, and I look up to that so much. He has been hurt and betrayed a lot, and that is another reason why he appeals to me.

You see, when I was young, I was teased, ridiculed, humiliated and harrassednon-stop for about 8-9 years during my time in grade school...for this reason, MJ appeals to me, cause I felt like I was robbed of feeling good about those years of my life. One day, the WHOLE BUS decided to pick on me, pushing me and verbally abusing me, INCLUDING THE SCHOOL BUS DRIVER!!

It got to the boiling point one day when I was in school. I got excused from class to go to the bathroom..I was about 12 or 13 at the time. Well, this one girl (the chief instigator all along) got wind of that, and she and her girlfriend posse followed me in. I was already in one stall, with my panties down at my ankles doing my personal business. Well, SHE decided right then and there to try to open the stall door by kicking it!! My God, I couldn't even go to the BATHROOM alone!! She kicked the door open, and I just saw her and then I saw red. I calmly wiped myself, put back on my personal clothing, straightened up, then proceeded to WIPE the FLOOR with her. I think I cold-cocked her. It was scary, I was that mad. I even entertained thoughts of KILLING her, I was that angry. HOW DARE SHE INVADE MY PRIVACY LIKE THIS?

I left her in a heap on the bathroom floor, with her little girlfriend posse fawning over her saying "Poor Baby"...I just wanted to VOMIT on her at that point. I then went to the sink, calmly washed my hands (as calmly as I could, I was trembling uncontrollably - tried to keep my tears at bay...) and looked down at her and said "Number one, Do NOT EVER harrass me ever again, do you hear me AND Number TWO, IF you want to CONTINUE this little fight, we can meet after school - I'll FINISH THE JOB - COUNT ON IT!"

I went back to class, trembling and trying hard not to cry. It really irritated and hurt me that I had to hurt someone like that to get them to stop the harrassment. I didn't feel that I should have been pushed into doing something like that. It was depressing. I hate hurting ANYONE. And I did NOT like the idea of feeling out of control like that.

Yeah, it happened a long time ago - but I just wanted to share. Sharing makes the hurt less unbearable. I am 49 years old now, and I still think about all of that harrassment and humiliation even to this day...

But getting back to the topic at hand, and that is, why is there such an appeal to Michael Jackson? I think it has to do a lot with fans finding some bit of his persona that they can identify with. For some, it is the black heritage. For others, it is the outcast, the misfit. For even others, it is identifying with their inner child. Whatever the reason, you will find every fan has a good one. That is my personal opinion. Just the other day, I got a personal message from a fan who has cerebral palsy. Not only does this fan identify with MJ with regards to being a "misfit", but also on a social outcast level too.

MJ has many wonderful, fantastic, devoted fans...each one has their own personal reason why they adore him. Michael Jackson hits you in a visceral level....down to the very pit of your soul. If you love the music, you start looking past that and find a very deep connection with the man..It would be very interesting to one day try to meet as many fans as possible, and compile this list of reasons why fans are so devoted to him..

What can I say??

Fantastic. Great, great - GREAT!

Ohhh I haven't been here for a while cuz I've been a bit busy but now I see ur answers....thank u so so much Linda...what u have written is really awesome but what have I to do? Was this the script u wanted sending me for the book? So I have to save it right? If the answer is yes please on my email adress u would have to send ur first name ,age and location to put everything in the book......thank u......much love...

Back