True Love....thoughts??

LindaC781

Proud Member
true_love.jpg

To me, love doesn't come with a price tag. You cannot put a price on true love, because it is priceless. You cannot love someone just for the amount of money he/she has, you have to love them for the person they are. If they are sweet, and their personality is a lot like yours, the chance for true love to happen is much greater.

Once BOTH OF YOU truly know the other person, THEN you can claim "true love". When you look at that person, and care about them enough to think about them all of the time, then you are "in love". But this doesn't necessarily involve money or material things at all. It has to do with simple, basic human to human interaction. Whether the other person is rich or not has NOTHING to do with love. Period.

What do you all think?

You are right about the love you have for your children...I still go into my daughters room and just look at her...can't believe I made such a beautiful child. I think what I was thinking was more along the lines of man/woman love. So many think that a rich man needs to marry a rich woman, but I tend to disagree...as long as they truly love each other, money shouldn't matter...

To be in love for me is different from true love. And I would agree that you can not chose with whom you fall in love.

However true love is something wonderful which grows from there over time when the two ppl involved are willing.

"It is better to have loved a 'short' than never to have loved 'a tall' :D

i saw this thread on mjno...

well my 2 cents is this. if you love them with, through there goods and their bads and they love you through your goods n bads and all that junk, then yea its love go get married wooohooo

Love is sometimes being really really very sorry:boohoo:

Last edited:
True love is the most wonderful,giving and powerful feeling someone can have.
True love makes us see the world and the persons,with different eyes.
True love means being happy when the other is happy,means being sad when the other is sad.
True Love never dies.

I think you can find true love if you really look for it...... I mean you're not gonna go around looking for a new love but there's always someone out there who is right for you...... i believe in destiny

The topic is very interesting but these responses just cracked me up!

Love never lasts...sad but true...so why bother? :lol: Jk

"It is better to have loved a 'short' than never to have loved 'a tall' :D

i hate love, lol. its a heartbreaker and it destroys who you are inside

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

true love is sharing for ever
never having to cry alone
being there to help
heal and nusrse the other
and holding in time of need
supporting no matter what
in short
unconditional
(i see that in my family no body ever divorces eveyone is married for decades and decades through thick and thin and i never saw a fight in my life boy i guess i m lucky)

Love knows no boundries.Or so I heard.

Last edited:
Love and money definately dosent mix.
Being in love was probably the most wonderful a feeling id ever felt. Its just so great to know that someone loves you so much and its just as great to know that you can bring so much happiness and love to someone else...
But having said that love can just be awful at times as well - things can happen and it can rip the heart out of you if you let it.

just as there is no 'fake' diamond, True Love is the only kind of Love there is

Either it is Love, or it is something that looks like love

Last edited:
True love....I think true love pretty much is feeling very "safe" and comfortable with another person....wanting to be with that person...missing that person when they're not around...accepting each other with flaws and all....wanting to hear what the other one thinks about different things...Just feeling very comfortable and safe with each other and wanting to be there for each other through good and bad times...

At least that's what I imagine "true love" to be. You know...when you meet someone and you get the feeling that person totally "gets you"....They understand you, they listen to what you say, they accept you the way youy are and don't judge you or try to change you all the time...You know, you just feel very "comfortable" with the other person. You can trust the other person, you know that they won't share your personal "secrets" with others, they won't laugh at you...you feel like you can tell anything to each other....And you are both attracted to each other...there's a great "chemistry", etc. etc. Oh...and most importantly...the feeling is MUTUAL!!! :unsure: (It sucks when you find the "right one"...and then he isn't interested in you...That sucks!!! :boohoo: ) And you can't buy love, so true love has nothing to do with money.

I do believe in "true love"....but I think I am slowly giving up hope though...:toofunny: I always say, with my luck, I'll get married when I'm 80 and dying! :huh: :toofunny:

Last edited:
well that's a good thing cause :( that's when you need someone the most

well that's a good thing cause :( that's when you need someone the most

Aren't you an optimist! :toofunny: :toofunny:

Yeah, as they say..."better late than never"... :toofunny: But I'd still rather meet "the one" a BIT earlier...like...when I am still able to have kids! :toofunny:

well i m a bit different (or abnormal)compared to most of you guys
i m like in my early 40th and never even felt buterflies so i cannot judge on any this
i know the perfect love does exist though cause my parents and aunts and uncles all have it staying together forever through anything and still hold hands in their 70 th i nevr even saw any of them fight so i sure have had the perfet rolmodel in love
but when it comes to my true love:
the only pple i love close to me are my parents and my sun :wub:
(and the pple on the net i know and mj but i m talking about close to me lol)

Last edited:
Im not sure even now i know what true love is - but i know what it isnt. I know that when i find the right person he isnt gonna make me feel bad at all. He isnt gonna talk down to me and make me feel worthless and useless. I shouldve known better than to love someone that made me feel that way even for one day. Oh well....live and learn. Im better for it because it taught me to raise my standards for myself. I deserve better than to be treated that way. And now i finally realize it.

Im not sure even now i know what true love is - but i know what it isnt. I know that when i find the right person he isnt gonna make me feel bad at all. He isnt gonna talk down to me and make me feel worthless and useless. I shouldve known better than to love someone that made me feel that way even for one day. Oh well....live and learn. Im better for it because it taught me to raise my standards for myself. I deserve better than to be treated that way. And now i finally realize it.

That's awful that someone treated you bad! That indeed isn't true love and I am happy that you do realize that! That person really didn't deserve you. Your true love is going to make you feel very good and treat you well! And don't worry about whether or not someone might be your true love, this grows over time. It did with me and my true love anyway. : - )

I agree.

I think that true love will never want to hurt you nor you hurt them. You have the ability to make each other feel better just by being together. When things go bad, the first person you think of to talk to is your love and you still get butterflies thinking of them 10 years after you meet. You think of kind things you can do for each other and it is never a one way street. You support each other in your endeavors and want to see each other succeed. You think about the others feelings in your actions so that you avoid inadvertently hurting the other, and if by some mistake you do hurt them, you are hurt as badly until you can right whatever hurt them. You want to see the best for each other and you want to see each other happy. You enjoy each others company but don't have to be in each others company to know you are loved. You have no problems showing your love for each other. You can work together to make your lives happier. You cannot bear the thought of losing them. You would be proud to be their spouse and proud to be with them anywhere. You think that you are the luckiest person around to have found each other. You wonder how you were able to find someone who knows you so well, who you can tell anything and everything to, and they can do the same back, and still know they will love you despite anything you could tell them. You feel like the more they know about you, the more they love you, and vise versa, and it brings a great comfort. You can be the weirdest you that there is and they find it wonderful instead of odd. You can leave each other for a time, but nothing can keep you apart....you keep coming back to each other. They make you want to live till you are 120 as long as they are with you and you know they will be if they are able. You know that if they hurt you, they would do anything they can to fix it, and you would do the same in return. You can feel each other somehow... and bring peace to each other. Most importantly, all the love you give out, is given back to you in return.

Guess I could go on but that's a few things I would like to add.

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.

:)

Reactions: SoS
True Love + Best Friends = Soulmate

Soulmate = is used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join. (Websters)

Best Friends = accept you for you and never tries to change you into something or someone your not, one is there for you in good times and bad & never wants/needs anything in return.

True Love = Pure, Genuine, Absolute, Respectful, Supportive, Faithful, Loyal, and Committed.

I could go on...but I think you understand my point (s) on what True Love means to me...

Back in 1993 I wrote a Reflection of Thought about 2 of my Best Friends in the whole wide world...I will look for it, and post it for all who are interested...

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Last edited:
Back