Jan 8th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hey guys, not too much new going on today the tour rumors are all over the place with no denials in sight so...here's hoping lol. Today there is a bit more news on Chris Brown collaborating with Michael...

CHRIS BROWN EYES MIJAC COLLABO: Singer says Jackson and executive producer will.i.am promised him a slot on the new album.

*More details are emerging about the recording sessions for Michael Jackson's upcoming studio album, which is being executive produced by Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am.

Chris Brown tells Allhiphop.com that he got a verbal commitment from both will.i.am and Jackson himself to make a guest appearance on the project.

"We are talking but…like I originally talked to will.I.am, because he does some stuff for him. And then when I talked to Mike, he said 'Yeah we’ll do something,' so hopefully we will do that record," said Brown.

According to the Web site, Jackson's album is being recorded in Westmeath Ireland, Las Vegas and New York; and features production by Rodney Jerkins, Teddy Riley and others.
Allhiphop is also reporting that Jackson is currently working with will.i.am and rapper 50 Cent to produce a 10- to 30-date residency at London's O2 Arena.
As previously reported by Fox411 columnist Roger Friedman, Jackson is said to be in the planning stages of a concert run in the UK that will net him close to $30 million dollars.

BLACK EYED PEAS - WILL.IAM ORGANISES JACKSON + BROWN DUET

BLACK EYED PEAS star WILL.I.AM is helping fellow rapper CHRIS BROWN realise his dream of recording with MICHAEL JACKSON. Will.i.am - who is executive producing Jackson’s new album - has asked the Thriller hitmaker if he would consider collaborating with his pal. And Brown is delighted Jackson has agreed to work with him. Brown tells AllHiphop.com, "We are talking but… like I originally talked to Will.i.am, because he does some stuff for him. And then when I talked to Mike, he said 'Yeah we'll do something,' so hopefully we will do that record."

08/01/2008 17:13 Contact Music

Most everything else I saw was on the tour in the UK.

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2001 - Michael Jackson's publicist Cheri Fein announced the Jackson would be recording two to three songs for the new Jackson Five album.

:huh:lol

Last edited:
When people say tour its not really a tour just a bunch of dates at the same place :lol: oh well thanks anyway Shannon

Thanx! Sometimes i forget about the time difference between UK and the States, I was like what news at this time? :lol:

When people say tour its not really a tour just a bunch of dates at the same place :lol: oh well thanks anyway Shannon

:lol:Well they wouldn't make as big a fuss over some dates lol they think tour sounds so much better - but all the articles are all just recycling the same info now anyway.

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Another magazine article coming down the pike. And don't worry, the reference to 'mildly popular' is tongue in cheek since if you click on it it takes you to a site that gives the stats and background on Thriller's success.

Isn't all this positive news FUN???!!!!!!!!!!:D

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action..._jackson_may_perform_10night_london_residency

6190_image_1.jpg

Michael Jackson may perform 10-night London residency

Writer: Mark Krotov
News, Published online on 08 Jan 2008
Like so many musicians in the spotlight (Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad*), Michael Jackson’s musical gifts have recently been eclipsed by his offstage antics. But here at Paste, we’re all about comebacks, and Jackson may just be the latest star to put the music forward (as opposed to, say, paying it forward).
The King of Pop is reportedly in talks to play a 10-night residency at London’s O2 Arena sometime in 2008. The shows would celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thriller, an album that was mildly popular when it was released. Paste, your official reunion tour and comeback strategy headquarters, will bring you more news on Mr. Jackson’s redemption when it becomes available.
On an extra credit note, MJ fans can look forward to a very special piece on the formerly gloved one in Paste's March issue. Get hyped!
*The Iranian president won his nation’s largest slam-poetry contest while still in college.**
**This is not true.
Related links:
MichaelJackson.com
Paste’s 100 Best Living Songwriters: Michael Jackson
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s official blog
Got news tips for Paste? Email news@pastemagazine.com.

Interesting times to say the least.

http://www.indypendent.org/2008/01/08/one-day-from-now-the-monday-marathon/

The vision Obama expresses may be nebulous, says novelist Water Wetherell, 57, of Lyme, but “I think he really does represent something new. This talk of hope is a platitude, but people are desperate to hear it. America’s standing in the world will improve 200 percent the day he takes office. He exemplifies a multicultural America, that this is what America has become. The symbolic aspects are very important for a President.”

An hour’s drive southeast in Concord, the pizzeria on a side street downtown is the only room I’ve ever been in in New Hampshire with a black majority. Young Obama volunteers are playing Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and Bob Marley’s “Buffalo Soldier” on the jukebox. They say they’re not allowed to talk to the press.

The possibility of the London dates are all over the place in Holland. I've heard Michael on radio several times, more than normal. The DJ's are all talking about wanting to go to London IF it happens. They do use the IF, because they don't really believe it yet. But everyone seems to be excited. I think it's a great moment in time for the return of The Master.

The possibility of the London dates are all over the place in Holland. I've heard Michael on radio several times, more than normal. The DJ's are all talking about wanting to go to London IF it happens. They do use the IF, because they don't really believe it yet. But everyone seems to be excited. I think it's a great moment in time for the return of The Master.

this is big news ... for anyone in the entertainment field.. media or otherwise...

Diane Dimmond is going to buy a ticket ..come hell or high-water..:lol:

This is the last of the big legends.. and folks know...

so please try not to be so disappointed IF the stage appearance is for 10dates ... we almost didn't have him
to be able to talk about performance dates.. or tours...

its been a long azz... time.. we can finally .. think about him being able to entertain the fans again...

enjoy the excitment.. and don't be a kill joy...

Last edited:
The news of Michael touring is effing wild and it's spreading like wild fire! It better be true or I'm gonna take everybody's e-mail addresses for asking Ray-Ray questions. :shifty: :lol:

http://www.playbackstl.com/content/view/7074/156/

state_mj_sm.jpg

Still a Thriller | 25 Years & Counting Written by Retannical Russell Tuesday, 08 January 2008 Any true pop culture aficionado knows the importance of Michael Jackson and the significance of his exceptional and everlasting contribution to music, videos, and even fashion.

state_mj.jpg

There's something wonderful to be said about the feel of an old-school cardboard album jacket. Wrapped in plastic and requiring two hands to hold, it's like a special gift you can't wait to open. And what exactly might you find tucked inside in addition to a shiny new vinyl LP? Perhaps bonus photos of your favorite musical artist. Maybe a pullout poster. Or, better still, a lyrics sheet, making it possible for you to sing the actual words of the song, instead of making up your own.
Back in the early 1980s, I remember staring for hours on end at Michael Jackson's legendary Thriller album cover. I'd sit and listen to the entire LP from beginning to end, from "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" right through to "Lady in My Life." Even though I was only seven years old, I knew the words to each and every song by heart (thanks for including those lyrics, MJ). And while singing, I'd often find myself daydreaming about what my life would be like if only I knew Michael, if only he'd become my friend and fall madly in love with me and then ask me to be his wife... if only... Well, looking back now, I can clearly see how incredibly naïve my ideas were about any type of romance with Michael. Nevertheless, though, I stand by my youthful observations when it comes to the man's talent. He was, and still is, a once in a lifetime, rare and unique musical genius whose gifts continue to influence and inspire generations.

Fast-forward 25 years to December 1, 2007. That date marked a huge milestone in pop music history, as well as this modern day MTV generation, because on that very day back in 1982, Michael Jackson blessed us with his musical masterpiece appropriately titled Thriller. Indeed, what a thriller it was and still remains. The album is by far the biggest selling of all time, with worldwide sales reaching upward of 104 million copies.
Any true pop culture aficionado knows the importance of Michael Jackson and the significance of his exceptional and everlasting contribution to music, videos, and even fashion. As a proud child of the '80s, I have so many fond memories of the Thriller era when Michael virtually ruled the world and earned the nickname "The King of Pop." Neither I nor virtually anyone else alive at the time could get enough of the phenomenon. Several of Michael's posters adorned my bedroom walls. I proudly sported my "Beat It" T-shirt as often as I could. I even covered my one-time favorite Shirt Tales lunchbox with Michael Jackson stickers (thanks, Mom, for allowing me to purchase them from the gumball machine!). And in addition to the Michael Jackson folders that I used for my schoolwork, every week during my entire second grade school year, when it was my turn for Show and Tell, I shared something about Michael Jackson. Talk about being a dedicated fan!
These days there are many who blithely dismiss Michael and all of his musical achievements simply because of the string of recent mishaps in his personal life, which unfortunately have kept him front and center in the media (i.e., child molestation charges, nearly tossing his kid named "Blanket" over a hotel balcony, rumblings of bankruptcy, etc.). None of those private woes, however, can dampen the impact the man has had on music and culture throughout the world. During the 1980s, simply put, Michael Jackson ruled the world. From L.A. to K.C., from Berlin to Sydney, fans young and old around the globe watched his every move with baited breath, and we couldn't wait to do our best to imitate. And if imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery, then Michael continues to be honored like no other celebrity ever has before. Without the "gloved one," there'd be no Justin Timberlake, Usher Raymond or Chris Brown. Each of these young pop stars of today was clearly inspired by Michael and owes him a huge debt for paving the way.
Michael is a true American icon and he deserves to be honored time and again for his incredible contribution to popular music and culture today, tomorrow, and eternally. There's never been anyone like him before, and in the 25 years since he first commanded the world stage, there's yet to be anyone who even comes close to taking his place. | Retannical Russell

Ditto! Thanx!
Are those photos of him dancing from one of the recent photo shoots? They sort of look like they are but I'm not sure. I guess they aren't but it just goes to show he hasn't changed appearance as much as some people think.

Are those photos of him dancing from one of the recent photo shoots? They sort of look like they are but I'm not sure. I guess they aren't but it just goes to show he hasn't changed appearance as much as some people think.
Exactly what I have been saying all along. It is the hairstyle and the makeup and loss of weight that makes him look different, not what the media and even some fans have been shouting about. There are pictures of MJ from his teenage years that look very similar to him now. Of course he has aged as he should do.

Back