the wiz 30 yrs edition

mjtributepage

Proud Member
it was called a critical and commercial failure when it first came out.. let's not make it one 30 years later this time..
It will be RE~released on February 12 2008. ((same day as Michael Jackson's Thriller 25 edition release in the U.S.))
The Wiz will be released worldwide in an ALL REGION format.
51e0yxtj3vlss500bb5.jpg

Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Original recording remastered, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Subtitles: English
Region: All Regions
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Number of discs: 1
Rating
Studio: Universal Studios
DVD Release Date: February 12, 2008
Run Time: 135 minutes

I am soooo getting that! I want them to re-release 'Ghost' as well on DVD, HD!

So what is NEW?? It comes with The Wiz soundtrack.. And HD quality?? that is what I see.. Anything else?

yet another RE-release!

Wow they seems to be very popular!!

I'll but it though! :lol:

yet another RE-release!

Wow they seems to be very popular!!

I'll but it though! :lol:

:lol: Yup! There will be more re-releases once T-25 does well. Motown may start dusting off some MJ/J5 records too!;)

So what is NEW?? It comes with The Wiz soundtrack.. And HD quality?? that is what I see.. Anything else?

Yes comes with the Wiz soundtrack but unfortunately this DVD is not HD, for that it would have to be either a Blu-Ray or HD DVD disc this is just a regular Standard Definition DVD, it is widescreen however, not sure if previous versions were widescreen. Looks like no 5.1 sound though!! Bummer!

When are we going to get some good quality MJ DVD's or Blu-Ray/HD DVD's with decent 5.1 sound??!!

Thanks for posting. It will be something I'm going to buy- It may have been a critical and box office failure but the movie has become very popular over the years. The music is fantastic! :D

February is gonna be a big month for the Jacksons (both directly and indirectly). Audio commentary on this release would've been interesting, but at least the soundtrack will reportedly be in 5.1. :)

Last edited:
February is gonna be a big month for the Jacksons (both directly and indirectly). Audio commentary on this release would've been interesting, but at least the soundtrack will reportedly be in 5.1. :)

The soundtrack is in 5.1? Where did you see this? Great if it's true!

The soundtrack is in 5.1? Where did you see this? Great if it's true!
From an editorial review on Amazon and other reviews :yes:

Ease on down the yellow-brick road with the 30th Anniversary Edition of The Wiz, starring superstars Diana Ross and Michael Jackson! Relive all of the magic of this beloved musical when Dorothy is whisked away to the enchanting wonderland of Oz, where she encounters the Scarecrow, the Tinman and the Lion. The Wiz features spectacular musical numbers from legendary producer Quincy Jones and an all-star cast including Lena Horne, Richard Pryor, Nipsey Russell and Ted Ross. With a digitally remastered picture and the unforgettable soundtrack in new 5.1 surround sound, it's an experience of the land of Oz unlike anything you've seen before!
Which means we'll get to hear Ease On Down and You Can't Win in 5.1!

Oh I can't wait to get the soundtrack with this! Horray!!!
My partner had only ever seen this version of the Wizard of Oz, never the Judy Garland version. I showed him the orignal musical last month, and he said, "I like the Diana Ross version better!"

I'm absolutly getting this, the soundtrack is amazing.
Dunno what 5.1 means though but I'm guessing its something good so, yay^_^

I'll buy this.

5.1 and hopefully some rare never seen before material. That'll go straigt into the collection!

Awww, can't wait to get it. I'm in Austria at the time so I'm going to have to wait 'til I get back to buy everything. :ninja:

I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and I'm so getting it! I loved the Movie and the Music is awesome.
A very fun movie to watch. :)

Last edited:
I hope it is released in Singapore, cos I always thought the movie look really interesting!

I hope it is released in Singapore, cos I always thought the movie look really interesting!

Yeah I hope it's released here in Malaysia too. :lol: If it's here it's definitely in Singapore too, and if it's in Singapore, then it's here. I think we can order from Tower Records or something. Gotta ask. Let's hope it does come out! ;)

Where can I order this online? I can't find it in Amazon. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
I am soooo getting that! I want them to re-release 'Ghost' as well on DVD, HD!

Definitely agree, i wish SONY could release The Making of Thriller and extras on one disc and Ghost on another disc as you said in HD of course and sell both together, if they did that around Halloween time, they'd sell over a million i have no doubt.

Yeah I hope it's released here in Malaysia too. :lol: If it's here it's definitely in Singapore too, and if it's in Singapore, then it's here. I think we can order from Tower Records or something. Gotta ask. Let's hope it does come out! ;)

Where can I order this online? I can't find it in Amazon. Does anyone know?

Dang, Tower Records closed in Singapore. I hope it releases in HMV. That's the only CD store tt seems to be well stocked with all artistes and DVDs. I sure hope they'll release this worldwide! :D

Back