do you like your artists a bit looney?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
when you find out that some of your favorite artists might be on the Loco tip does that balance things out for you or do you tend to like acts that are straight up and done square and Predictable?

when you find out that some of your favorite artists might be on the Loco tip does that balance things out for you or do you tend to like acts that are straight up and done square and Predictable?

I tend to like people who are a little on the crazy side to be honest lol. I mean it's about the music first and foremost with me, but I don't think it's a coincidence that all my favorite singers which would be MJ, Marvin Gaye, Rick James and Prince are all on the complex/eccentric side.

No actually I hate having to defend them all the time because people talk about crap they read in the papers. :|

They are not so different from ourselves. It's just that THEY are on the front pages and it looks more worse than it is.

But seriously...Loonies attracts me more than the average Joe. Some people are just themselves all the way. While others push themselves to a limit where it makes you wonder what kind of drug they are using =P

Loonies are more interesting, don't ya think?

I dont like the average (boring) people, i prefer 'crazy' people any day!

But it does get tiring defending them to dumm people.

At this moment i am very much into Michael and Mika...

I get asked questions about Mika such as 'why does he sing so high' or 'why does he wear pink clothes'..
I'm like WT...Why do they think i can answer that question.
I did come up with an answer to the high singing question: 'because he can' LOL!

We all know about the questions from the less intelligent part of the human race regarding Michael *zzzzz****

You don't have to defend great taste, Janena ;)
It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

If I didn't like my artists a bit looney, I wouldn't be a member of this board and the man on my avatar and siggy wouldn't be on, lol. All really talented artists are a little bit kooky anyway, lol.

Last edited:
it's gotten to the point where if you are normal, you are scary. all my fav artists, athletes, and etc. all have a wild side. and they are all geniuses at their craft.

Last edited:
if i'm feeling the music, i don't give a flying toss about their personal lives. having said that though, many of my revered geniuses (be it in music, sports, art, academia..) tend to have a screw loose somewhere, bouts of depression or some form of antisocial personality disorder. but it's not a specific preference i would choose as a fan of these gifted people.

I wouldnt go as far as saying 'looney' but the artists i like the most definately have a certain edge to them thats for sure.

I don't know about looney but yeah, I tend to be interested in those celebrites who have cool, eccentric personalities. So-called "normal" celebs bore me to tears.

no. i only like looney tunes :D

now seriously i dont like looney artists or looney ppl in general :mello:
i like artists/ppl who are different than the average person and who have interesting cool personalities yes but not looney :lol:

Absolutely! Keeps things interesting, fo' sho' ;)

If I didn't like my artists a bit looney, I wouldn't be a member of this board and the man on my avatar and siggy wouldn't be on, lol. All really talented artists are a little bit kooky anyway, lol.

True dat!:lol:
Personally It really depends on how you define 'loony'. Most peeps I like and find inspirational have done something that changed/is changing the world for the better. They have dared to do more than just dream, they dared to make the dreams a reality regardless of obstacles etc. In this sense they are by definition different from 'normal' people. They walk, talk act from a different prospective from the masses. So if by 'loony' you mean 'different from the norm/masses' they yes! yes! yes! and thank God for it!!

True dat!:lol:
Personally It really depends on how you define 'loony'. Most peeps I like and find inspirational have done something that changed/is changing the world for the better. They have dared to do more than just dream, they dared to make the dreams a reality regardless of obstacles etc. In this sense they are by definition different from 'normal' people. They walk, talk act from a different prospective from the masses. So if by 'loony' you mean 'different from the norm/masses' they yes! yes! yes! and thank God for it!!
I agree. All geniouses have been eccentric in some way. Michael is not crazy, but he is definately eccentric. I love him for it.

Agree, I love artists who are different to the rest and eccentric and stuff. They have a special quality, and thats what I love. Especially Michael, and ofcourse others like Marvin Gaye. Gotta love him!

I dont know it depends, mj, prince, seem to make it seem cool to be different. is that looney to people? i guess

but when i see britney as she is now or when mariah was weird on trl to people. it looks more medical. and no thats not the type of 'looney' you want, for someone you admire and care for. thats more serious and not a game.

I like eccentric people to begin with, so yes I do. I guess that's why my favorite artists are Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Ozzy Osbourne, MJ, and Prince.

I like artists not to be looney but different. If the people I like did not have a side to themselves that is a bit crazy or a bit different, I would not care about them. I am a fan of Justin Timberlake and to be honest, the guy is so predictible that I am actually bored by him. LOL. He is not interesting to me.

The artists I usually like area bit out there and quite frankly I like it. I do not mind defending them when the media bashes them because the media usually do not have the mind of an artists. Artists have always been able to push the status quo and questions the morals and beliefs that society has put out there as "normal". The media tends to bash celebrities that think out of the box. I like an artist that thinks out of the box and do/say things that are out there. That way, they are far more interesting to learn from. Let's face it, we have met and we are going to meet people who are truly out of the element of "normacy". There is a reason for that. There is a reason why I am fans of musicians/artists that pushes the normal element and questions the status quo.

I always think that geniuses (in all different areas) are a little weird, which is why they are geniuses! If they are not a little looney, they would probably be like average Joes and Janes like us.

I think these talented people are classified as "weird" and "loon" cos the way they think, does things are different from people like us.

Do I like my artistes being loon? I don't really care as long as I love their music etc. (especially when they are geniuses.)

edit....................................................wrong post

Last edited:
Yeah i do, that's why i like Michael. He's different, but in a GOOD way. He's just a gorgeous person :D I love being a fan of his because he's so different, and that stops him from being boring :) He's a little eccentric at times, and that's awesome :cool:

I think they're interesting. Look at old books - would a "normal" person come out with stuff like The Wizard Of Oz series, Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, or Gulliver's Travels. Edgar Alllen Poe, Einstein, Mozart, & Abe Lincoln were considered eccentric. Ringo Starr said once that a lot of people thought John Lennon was loony, but that's just him.

An artist's personality makes no difference in if I like them or not. A lot of the really good ones happen to be loony or have a lot of problems, though.

I love my singers to be abit looney the songs and music usualy tend to be better than those who are "sane"

GREAT ARTISTS will always appear a bit 'loony'.. Does not mean that they are..

They see the world differently, that's how they are able to create.. Now if u see the world differently you're going to react and interact with it differently also..

So yes, the loonier the better..

in some ways I should say.

Back