BET Honors Special....MJ to be honored!

Can you imagine, I bet we'll be seeing the usual suspects like Akon, Chris Brown, Usher probably, Ne-Yo paying tribute and the best thing is the artist being honored usually performs, so I'm crossing my fingers here that we'll get a performance/performances!!!!!

If people are'nt remembering this special....they did one with Whitney a few years back and Mary J, Babyface, Christina Aguilera, Luther performed her songs!

This will be video tape worthy thats for sure!

Why ain't there more replies about THIS? :lol:
Yeah. I know. You would think everyone would be bouncing off the walls.:lol:

I have currently fighting to sign up on the site. It won't cooperate. I am in the twilight zone. Neither a member or not a member. If I try to log in I am not a member and if I try to redo becoming a member I am already one.:mad:

I just feel there should be more than 2 comments on the site as well. The site is actually a forum I believe, like MJJSource, but free.

looks like taping takes place on:

JANUARY 12, 2008

Private Event - Invitation Only

THE BET HONORS

THE BET HONORS celebrates black achievement in business, entertainment, social justice and philanthropy while providing the kind of award-winning, show-stopping musical performances that make BET specials deliver huge results. During Black History Month, BET will celebrate the achievement of black Americans by honoring the brightest, the most talented, the most ambitious, the most generous and the most crusading members of the African-American community. THE BET HONORS will celebrate the best in the black community with electrifying performances by the biggest names in music including John Legend, Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott and more.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2008, 7:00 PM

Running Time: Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes

http://www.warnertheatre.com/calendar.asp

Last edited:
looks like taping takes place on:

JANUARY 12, 2008

Private Event - Invitation Only

THE BET HONORS

THE BET HONORS celebrates black achievement in business, entertainment, social justice and philanthropy while providing the kind of award-winning, show-stopping musical performances that make BET specials deliver huge results. During Black History Month, BET will celebrate the achievement of black Americans by honoring the brightest, the most talented, the most ambitious, the most generous and the most crusading members of the African-American community. THE BET HONORS will celebrate the best in the black community with electrifying performances by the biggest names in music including John Legend, Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott and more.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2008, 7:00 PM

Running Time: Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes

http://www.warnertheatre.com/calendar.asp

I don't see Michael's name on there. Seems devote isn't the same as perform but then I kind of figured that. Even so, its good news.

Great news! It'll be good to see Michael....and beinghonored once again.

EP that sounds like THE WALK OF FAME that you described.

As to why there isnt more replies to this thread,
I think folks may be asleep still.Give it a few hours! :lol:

BTW: I'm looking for something with MJ's name on it! :tongue:
I guess we'll hear more in the days to come.
Yay! Thanks for the info you guys!

Last edited:
When Diana Ross was being honored last year I was very impressed with they carried out the proceedings. We got a great feel of how influential Diana was in her time.I wished they could do the same for Michael more especialy because he managed to make it into the 21st century with his music although he comes from the same era as Ross and other greats prevoisly honored. NOW FINALLY, its happening! Chris Brown, Usher, Neyo giving their love to somoene who forms a cornerstone to their Artistry, I can already see it... with MJ blowing kisses all over the place in appreciation.:)

I'm beyond THRILLED ABOUT THIS!!! I can't wait! Congrats baby! No one deserves it more than you!!

So, Jan 12th is the taping & Feb 22nd airdate?

I'm beyond THRILLED ABOUT THIS!!! I can't wait! Congrats baby! No one deserves it more than you!!

So, Jan 12th is the taping & Feb 22nd airdate?
At first, I thought that the news story on MJ's site was most likely relating to "The BET Honors" special which is being taped this weekend and will air February 22nd. However, since BET stated that this is the first year that such an awards special is being held, I'm now believing that there might be an entirely separate special dedicated solely to Michael Jackson.

None of the BET press releases about "The BET Honors" special have mentioned Michael's name, and that event already seems rather packed with those being honored and those performing.

On Michael's site, it says: "Michael is the latest recipient of a BET Honors special..." which definitely implies that it might be a separate special much like other legends have been honored in the past... Which would be just awesome.

Last edited:
At first, I thought that the news story on MJ's site was most likely relating to "The BET Honors" special which is being taped this weekend and will air February 22nd. However, since BET stated that this is the first year that such an awards special is being held, I'm now believing that there might be an entirely separate special dedicated solely to Michael Jackson.

None of the BET press releases about "The BET Honors" special have mentioned Michael's name, and that event already seems rather packed with those being honored and those performing.

On Michael's site, it says: "Michael is the latest recipient of a BET Honors special..." which definitely implies that it might be a separate special much like other legends have been honored in the past... Which would be just awesome.

Hmmm, very interesting. Well, either way, we better stay on the look out! :D But wait a second, it also says with a long segment on Thriller! If what you're saying is true why would they say segment? Well, we shall see!

Last edited:
Hmmm, very interesting. Well, either way, we better stay on the look out! :D But wait a second, it also says with a long segment on Thriller! If what you're saying is true why would they say segment? Well, we shall see!
Sony is on a massive campaign to promote the 'ish out of Thriller 25, so even if the entire special was dedicated to Michael I could still see Sony deliberately emphasizing the "Thriller" segment of the tribute/honor because of the upcoming release. But you're right, it could also just be misleading wording on MJ's site and there might just be a Thriller segment during the actual event. Hopefully we'll know something more by the end of the weekend after the taping of the official BET Honors event is done.

This is an amazing news. Michael deserves to be honoured for the masterpiece which is Thriller. Congrats Mike! :)

I hope to see a tribute-performance ^_^. Something from John Legend or Stevie Wonder would be awesome!

Last edited:
Back