11th January News and Mentionings [Carlos Santana to work with Michael?]

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
Hello dear members. Just a bunch of interesting news to comment. Official Michael's website has been updated and Bet Honors will do a tribute to Thriller (threads have already been opened for those news, so please keep your comments there).
There's also a news about Santana to collaborate with Michael again.

Have a nice weekend! :flowers:

MJ News:

http://michaeljackson.com/news_5
January 09, 2008 - BET HONORS

Michael is the latest recipient of a BET Honors special, which will air in February. It will feature a large segment on Thriller.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/3251/69/

Carlos Santana to work with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones

Legendary Guitarist Carlos Santana recently appeared Thursday night on Mas Vale Tarde con Alex Cambert on the Telemundo Television channel along with his son Salvador Santana whose also a musician like his pops, were interviewed on the show. Carlos Santana rarely conducts TV interviews so I definitely had to watch. I didn’t know he worked with Bob Dylan and Bob Marley, which he said that he smoked and got high with them a few times back in the day when they made music together.

Carlos also spoke about how his father taught him from a young age to play the violin; his father showed him an example about how powerful music is by pointing at a tree where a bird was singing and his father played from his violin some music notes back and fore with the bird he went. He then realized his true passion was playing the guitar to reach the masses through his music. But what surprised me from the interview is when he spoke about working again with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. I never thought Michael and Quincy were going to make up and do another album together again but Carlos said this on national TV. I’ll believe it when the album actually drops. –Edwin Diaz, So Hood Magazine, SoHood.com

MJ mentionings coming up

i take the santana-michael-quincy jones collaboration as very very good news! it goes to show once again michael's penchance for experimenting with different genres and sounds. it doen't hurt that santana's a legend :kickass:

I am so thrilled about the BET special, hope that news about Carlos and Quincy is true thanks.

Here we go with some

MJ Mentionings:

http://www.macon.com/137/story/234669.html
Michael Jackson tribute band coming to Cox Capitol Theatre

By Joe Kovac - jkovacy@macon.com

They bill themselves as "The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band," and though they set themselves up with a name that is easy pickings for any wiseguy critic to tee off on, Who's Bad actually isn't half bad.
The group from Chapel Hill, N.C., delivers a sound that, believe it or not, if you're not too nit-picky and not too in need of the gloved one's uber-high pitch, approaches a Vegas-grade, sans-plastic-surgery imitation of the King of Pop.
And somehow Who's Bad doesn't come off as the Kings of Schlock.
The band's MySpace clips (a spot-on "Dirty Diana," "Human Nature" and "Billie Jean" among them) are strangely addictive - if only for 10 minutes or so of Web listening.
As tribute bands go, the musicians in Who's Bad, which was founded in 2004, couldn't have picked a more legendary pop act to recycle. Sure, other such groups have moonwalked in Jackson's footsteps, the England-based Michael Jackson Experience for one, but not too many make it to Macon.
On its MySpace page, the group calls itself "an infectious party production that takes audiences on a musical expedition spanning three decades of Michael Jackson's chart-cresting music.
"From 'ABC' to 'You Rock My World,' no song is forgotten in this electrifying revival of Pop Music's Royal Highness. ... Who's Bad has crafted an intricate performance complete with synchronized dance routines, blaring horn section and down-deep rhythms - each delivered with a precision that could only be superseded by the King himself."
While that is haughtily high self-praise, the self-promotion somehow works for this act, whose sounds won't be lost on anyone older than, say, 35.
The group's founder, Vamsi Tadepalli, says the act sometimes has its skeptics when a show is promoted "because of the bad press that Michael Jackson recently got. ... They think it might be a joke."
"But," Tadepalli said, "I can guarantee that it's nothing close to a joke. It's definitely the real deal. ... We're about the music and paying tribute to him as an artist and nothing more than that."
The six-member band is now on its fifth lead singer - or MJ - and has had more than 20 members in its history.
"It's a good time," Tadepalli says.
Thursday
What: Who's Bad, a show of Michael Jackson music

Where: Cox Capitol Theatre, 382 Second St., Macon

When: 9 p.m.

Cost: $10-$12

Info: 478-257-6391

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....me=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=19515719
Man lashed out after Michael Jackson 'taunt'
by Peter Squires

10:30 - 11 January 2008

A man flew into a fit of rage and attacked a man who sang Michael Jackson songs to him.

Michael Carter (27) punched the singer to the ground, knocked off his glasses and had to be dragged off him.

Carter, who admitted two counts of assault, said he lashed out because the singing was the same as taunts he had endured at school. Leicester Magistrates' Court heard the incident began when Carter approached one of two women at The Basement nightclub, Wellington Street, Leicester.

James Bide-Thomas, prosecuting, said: "There was an argument about race and he accused one of the women of being racist. Another female friend became involved and they left in the company of a man."

He said Carter, of Wilberforce Road, West End, Leicester, also left the nightclub and continued to try to talk to the woman.

The court heard Carter followed them into Market Street, where he called the woman "evil and twisted" and said the other two people would "come to no good" if they hung around with her.

Mr Bide-Thomas said: "He also said he was a Christian and forgave them.

"The man asked why they should be forgiven and started singing Michael Jackson songs as, he said, Mr Carter reminded him of Michael Jackson.

"This seemed to cause him a great deal of upset, as he ran up behind him, attacked him, giving him a couple of punches to the back of the head, then punched his face, made him fall to the ground.

"He carried on hitting his face and chest, knocked off his glasses - which made him unable to see - and was eventually was dragged off."

Interviewed by police, he said he had not intended to assault the second victim, one of the women, and had only tried to push her away as she attempted to stop the assault.

The male victim suffered a bruised left temple, arms and chest and broken ribs.

Azim Walters, for Carter, said he admitted two counts of assault, on August 4 last year.

He said when Carter had been rebuffed by the woman, he asked her if it was anything to do with the colour of his skin.

When she said it was not, he said: "I didn't think you were racist."

Mr Walters said Carter followed her to apologise and put his hands in a praying position.

He said: "When the man started singing Michael Jackson songs, it triggered off a memory of when he was at boarding school when the other boys used to call him Michael Jackson and sing songs at him.

"Having had a couple of drinks it brought it all back and he reacted the wrong way."

Sentencing was adjourned until January 31 for a report.

http://www.mychemicaltoilet.com/2008/01/hiphop_isnt_dead_mark_ronson_r.html
Hip-Hop Isn't Dead: Mark Ronson + Rhymefest + Michael Jackson = mixtape of the year?

OK, I'm taking a deep breath, because any post relating to Michael Jackson tends to bring out the nutters, even when you bloody agree with them. But sod it, this is too good not to bring to your attention, and is almost certainly a lot less depressing than next month's Thriller 25 is going to be.

Man In The Mirror is a "Michael Jackson dedication album" brought to you by Chicago rapper Rhymefest and the ever-elusive Mark Ronson. It basically sees Ronno chopping up classic, mainly lesser-known tracks from Jacko and the Jackson 5, with 'Fest doing his thing over the top. If that sounds like the recipe for a disastrous studio piss-about, you're likely to be pleasantly surprised.

The set acts as a pretty effective primer for Rhymefest's second album, El Che, due out in the spring; the good-time feeling of the mix celebrates the King Of Pop's music as opposed to the "other stuff", and allows Rhymefest to showcase his sense of humour as well as his more thoughtful side. Ruminations on the side-effects of success and fame, the temptations of groupies and trying to represent real hip-hop against the "ringtone ****" that dominates the airwaves all feature. Guest appearances from Daniel Merriweather, Wale and Talib Kweli complete the impressive line-up.
Unusually, even the skits - required by law on every collection of 5+ hip-hop tunes - are funny, splicing real Michaal Jackson interviews / studio conversations with Rhymefest's questions to create amusing exchanges, including Jacko going off on tangents about giraffes and stuff, and Rhymefest accusing Michael of farting in the studio. The bit with MJ laughing at Mark Ronson's accent is priceless, as is 'Fest's awkwardness at Mike's declarations of love at the set's close.
That a mix with talents like this on board is available for free download is reason enough to celebrate; that it's worthy of repeated listening makes it a must-grab. Go here or a tracklist and to download Man In The Mirror.
[via my hip-hop anorak mate, Phil]f
Came straight to this page? Visit www.mychemicaltoilet.com for all the latest news.

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/8294/Class-Of-2008-Elle-Milano.html
Interview: Class Of 2008: Elle Milano

Artist: Elle Milano
[...]
Lazily, compare yourselves to at least three well-ish-known bands in a semi-comical way.
Oh crikey Moses, thats not so easy... Anybody heard of Michael Jackson? - Big influence. 'Dangerous' and Bryan Adams' 'Waking Up The Neighbours' were the first CDs I owned and they probably have a lot to answer for. Somewhere along the line I got into Sonic Youth. So um, my three comparisons are - Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams, and Sonic Youth. Get on that.

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/3263
Does Madonna-Centered Investment Strategy Have A Prayer?

One U.K.-based firm hopes to turn a hobby into a viable trading strategy, giving investors a real alternative for their alternatives portfolio. Marquee Capital is banking on investing in celebrity memorabilia, specifically that related to the singer Madonna, to drive performance for its one-year-old operation. The firm, formed by four entrepreneurs, boasts what it calls “the world’s largest collection” of Madonna memorabilia, ranging from outfits she’s worn to a signed American Express card. It also has a collection of items from other celebrities, including Michael Jackson and Elton John.
“As far as we know we’re the world’s first investment vehicle specializing in celebrity memorabilia,” said CEO Chetan Trivedi. “Madonna turns 50 this year and, fan or not, she does represent an opportunity to invest in and we’re going to be holding exhibitions this year globally.”
The firm follows a two-prong strategy: long-term investments spanning at least a decade alongside tactical, event-driven acquisitions. Items once belonging to the likes of Madonna and Marilyn Monroe are held for the long-term, while other memorabilia, such as that of the Jackson 5, are flipped within the six to nine months in connection with events like the group’s proposed reunion tour this year.
“Last year, we bought a chunk if items, including lyrics to the ‘ABC’ song,” said Trivedi. “If they go forward with their reunion, we’re looking to exit from some of our Jackson 5 memorabilia because it would be a good time to do that with all of the media attention.”
Although Trivedi wouldn’t stake his reputation on the authenticity of the firm’s entire portfolio, he said 99.9% of its inventory comes from legitimate sources, such as Sotheby’s auction house.
Marquee, which doesn’t manage a fund, is offering investors a stake in the firm for their capital, which goes directly into purchasing additional memorabilia. The firm is currently in conversation with a “major” venture capital firm based in the Middle East.
Hashit Shah, Manish Khiroya and Waheed Aslam round out the management team at Marquee Capital. The minimum of investment requirement is £10,000 (US$19,000) and the minimum investment period is 10 years.

Today in Michael Jackson's history:

1984 - Michael Jackson was nominated for a dozen Grammy Awards. At the time, his "Thriller" album was becoming the best-selling album of all time. Jackson went on to win eight Grammys.

1995 - Michael Jackson released a statement saying, "I will no longer stand by and watch reckless members of the media try to destroy my reputation." The statement was a response to unsubstantiated rumors of a video depicting Jackson fooling around with a young boy.

1996 - Michael Jackson's "History: Past, Present & Future Book 1" was certified 6 times Platinum.

2003 - Michael Jackson visited Maurice Gibb in a Miami hospital. Gibb died the next day.

2004 - Members of Michael Jackson's family scheduled a news conference for the next day to announce their plans for Jackson's arraignment in Santa Maria. The arraignment was scheduled for January 17.

2005 - E! Entertainment Television and British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB) announced they would join together to present daily recreations of the Michael Jackson child molestation trial.

Thanks for the news/mentionings. Michael working with Santana and Quincy would be great if it happens. I can't wait to hear this new Album, I'm sure it will be far better than I could possibly have imagined.

WOW, if this is true I'LL FLIP... First of all, I love Santana's sound along with MJ.. 'whatever happened' was great.. THEN I see Quincy?? This is a dream come true.. if true!! lol!

I went looking for you guys and found it.. Here is a link where you can find the video...

http://tv.telemundo.yahoo.com/masvaletarde/index.html

My wife translated it for me.. This is what they said..

Host: Did you work with Michael Jackson when he was black or white?

Santana: Michaels multi-dementional like me. Michael is an arch Angel.. There are angels and arch angels. Him and I are Arch Angels. He's an artist that looks into the future.

Host: oh ya!

Santana: Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones gave me a call. They are working together.

Host: I did not know you are working with Michael Jackson. Are you working with Michael Jackson?

Santana: It's Possible..

Last edited:
Thanks for all the news! Can't wait for the BET Honors, I hope Michael attends! I really Santana & him work together again too! "Whatever Happens" is the bomb, I know whatever they come up with together will be phenomenal! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I went looking for you guys and found it.. Here is a link where you can find the video...

http://tv.telemundo.yahoo.com/masvaletarde/index.html

My wife translated it for me.. This is what they said..

Host: Did you work with Michael Jackson when he was black or white?

Santana: Michaels multi-dementional like me. Michael is an arch Angel.. There are angels and arch angels. Him and I are Arch Angels. He's an artist that looks into the future.

Host: oh ya!

Santana: Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones gave me a call. They are working together.

Host: I did not know you are working with Michael Jackson. Are you working with Michael Jackson?

Santana: It's Possible..

wow! see i actually thought the original post confused it as santana working with MJ BUT also on a different project with quincy jones. well if this translation is correct... cool B)

bring back the soul! ...even if a 79-year-old grandfather has to help :lol:

Hello dear members. Just a bunch of interesting news to comment. Official Michael's website has been updated and Bet Honors will do a tribute to Thriller (threads have already been opened for those news, so please keep your comments there).
There's also a news about Santana to collaborate with Michael again.

Have a nice weekend! :flowers:

MJ News:

http://michaeljackson.com/news_5
January 09, 2008 - BET HONORS

Michael is the latest recipient of a BET Honors special, which will air in February. It will feature a large segment on Thriller.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/3251/69/

Carlos Santana to work with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones

Legendary Guitarist Carlos Santana recently appeared Thursday night on Mas Vale Tarde con Alex Cambert on the Telemundo Television channel along with his son Salvador Santana whose also a musician like his pops, were interviewed on the show. Carlos Santana rarely conducts TV interviews so I definitely had to watch. I didn’t know he worked with Bob Dylan and Bob Marley, which he said that he smoked and got high with them a few times back in the day when they made music together.

Carlos also spoke about how his father taught him from a young age to play the violin; his father showed him an example about how powerful music is by pointing at a tree where a bird was singing and his father played from his violin some music notes back and fore with the bird he went. He then realized his true passion was playing the guitar to reach the masses through his music. But what surprised me from the interview is when he spoke about working again with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. I never thought Michael and Quincy were going to make up and do another album together again but Carlos said this on national TV. I’ll believe it when the album actually drops. –Edwin Diaz, So Hood Magazine, SoHood.com

MJ mentionings coming up
Oh damn. It's on now if this is true.......... WOW. :p

Here is a slightly different version of the Santana comment with some additional info. This just keeps getting better and better.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/3258/69/
But what surprised me from the interview is when he spoke about working again with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. The host Alex Cambert was making fun of Michael Jackson by showing Santana a few picture cards of people he has worked with over the years. He asked Carlos Santana in Spanish, if you worked with Michael Jackson when he was black or when he was white as he flipped two picture cards of Michael Jackson. Carlos Santana spoke well of Michael and praised him and he went further by saying I quote “Michael, called me not too long ago," said Santana. “And he asked me to work with him and Quincy Jones which both are back working together again.” By the way, his response was in Spanish so I’m just translating it into English for you guys. I never thought Michael and Quincy were going to make up and do another album together again but Carlos said this on national TV. I’ll believe it when the album actually drops. –Edwin Diaz, So Hood Magazine, SoHood.com

So Mike and Quincy have been working together?????.....I'll have to see that before I believe it!

Thanks for the news/mentionings. Michael working with Santana and Quincy would be great if it happens. I can't wait to hear this new Album, I'm sure it will be far better than I could possibly have imagined.

This sounds amazing to me. I can already see Michael and Quincy standing on the stand at the Grammies with their hands full of trophies.

Thanks for all of the news and mentionings.

So, it looks like MJ and Quincy are working together again. I thought the chances were slim...... :mello: Alright, I am just going to judge Q by his genius regarding being a music producer. I love Carlos Santana and I hope that it is true that they might work together. Whatever Happens is a great song.

Carlos really stand up forMJ and I loved whathe said about Mike. Carlos is a deep individual and not for some petty BS.

Wow, so, let me say this again - MJ and Q are (maybe) working together again..... I gotta digest this. It is something else. Pharrell still ain't working with Mike.... Dang.

Thanks for the news thread Enrico. :) I can't believe that Qunicy and Michael are back together. I can't believe no one is talking about this. :huh: Isn't it great that they are back after so many years not being together? I think it is wonderful because Qunicy and Michael work great with each other and make wonderful music. I hope this album will be big as Thriller and more. ^_^

Back