Savage Garden - Affirmation album

Dutchie

Guests
Am I the only one that *LOVES* this album? All songs are great and my favorites are:

- Affirmation
- You can still be Free
- Animal Song
- I don't know you anymore

I think Darren Hayes is very talented and this is one of the albums I can listen to over and over and never get bored of it.

Any other fans?

B)

Last edited:
Not heard this album, but his latest album was truly amazing, it really annoyed me that it didnt go mainstream.
IMO Darren Hayes has always been a bit of an underground artist. I am not really a fan but I do think he is very talented and the affirmation album is one you'll definately love if you're a fan of his kind of music and lyrics. :yes:

Am I the only one that *LOVES* this album? All songs are great and my favorites are:

- Affirmation
- You can still be Free
- Animal Song
- I don't know you anymore

I think Darren Hayes is very talented and this is one of the albums I can listen to over and over and never get bored of it.

Any other fans?

B)

Wow! You love Aussie music Dutchie!! :eek:

"I Knew I Loved You" is my fav song from this album. Darren Hayes is phenomenal! (and a major MJ fan I might add) :lol:

Wow! You love Aussie music Dutchie!! :eek:

"I Knew I Loved You" is my fav song from this album. Darren Hayes is phenomenal! (and a major MJ fan I might add) :lol:

A friend of mine is going to the movies with him when he's in Amsterdam......I should join them for some good ole MJ talk :lol:

That's awesome! You should! :lol:

Savage Garden were so massive here, Dutchie, and I am so proud of what they did overseas too- they were massive! The Affirmation album was their biggest I believe. :yes:

That's awesome! You should! :lol:

Savage Garden were so massive here, Dutchie, and I am so proud of what they did overseas too- they were massive! The Affirmation album was their biggest I believe. :yes:

Cool - far as I recall they weren't very big here besides the hit songs such as "I knew I loved you", "to the moon and back", and so on.....after that they just dissapeared. :huh:

I love this Album, and the first Savage Garden Album. I have always been a fan of Savage Garden. First song I heard was "I want you" and that was back in '97. :lol:

I love Affirmation, but the first album (Savage Garden) was absolutely brilliant. It tops Affirmation, IMO, both lyrically and musically.

Affirmation is one of my all time fave albums ever! every track is awesome.. I am a fan though and love all of his work. Go to see him in concert again on the 3rd Feb :woohoo:

i heard the song affirmation by accident yesterday and i havent stopped listening to it since
absolutely amazing. awesome voice and what a great song :wild:

Affirmation is one of my all time fave albums ever! every track is awesome.. I am a fan though and love all of his work. Go to see him in concert again on the 3rd Feb :woohoo:

Ah cool :D:D

i heard the song affirmation by accident yesterday and i havent stopped listening to it since
absolutely amazing. awesome voice and what a great song :wild:
That song really is amazing. Try listening to You Can Still Be Free and Animal Song. It is said that Animal Song was inspired by Michael. :)

im a huge savage garden/darren hayes fan and have been since the self titled 1st album.the AFFIRMATION album is brilliant.

fave songs from that album are: affirmation, gunning down romance, crash & burn, 2 beds and a coffee machine, i knew i loved you (even better live & acapella ;))

out of all 5 albums THIS DELICATE THING WE'VE MADE is the best by far.

1. I loved Savage Garden
2. I love Affirmation
3. From Darren's latest abum I loooooooooooooove Neverland, A conversation with God and Cassie, and the whole album.
4. Darren used to be one of us ;)
5. Aussie people are cool

not all aussie people are cool. lol
darren still is a big fan of michaels, 1 of his fave songs is 'human nature'
and dont you mean 'casey' not 'cassie' ? lol

Cool - far as I recall they weren't very big here besides the hit songs such as "I knew I loved you", "to the moon and back", and so on.....after that they just dissapeared. :huh:

dutchie, they only released 2 albums and then they split, daniel jones actually announced he didnt want to do it anymore the week before the 'affirmation' album was due on the shelves. thats why they dissapeared. they did sell 25 million records.

Last edited:
dutchie, they only released 2 albums and then they split, daniel jones actually announced he didnt want to do it anymore the week before the 'affirmation' album was due on the shelves. thats why they dissapeared. they did sell 25 million records.
Well that explains the dissapearing :lol: However Darren never really had any hits over here, he isn't very famous on my end of the world.:mello:

Last edited:
i think the best solo songs hes done are all from TDTWM album.
CASEY, HOW TO BUILD A TIME MACHINE, WORDS and WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT. check em out.

casey; (listen to the actual recording aswell)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7GJ-4xHHWrI

how to build a time machine; (sorry couldnt find the full song)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjcnqW9P7Tc&feature=related

words;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8o0CU4atBOc

who would have thought;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HkYz8LcTXCk

Thanks! I was hoping you'd post them! ^_^
Off to listen :)

I liked Savage Garden (the debut album) more than Affirmation. The debut album was so epic in Australia. It was huge. I think it won the most ARIA awards ever. Until Delta Goodrem's Innocent Eyes. Which I also adore. And I love, love This Delicate Thing We've Made. It's a masterpiece.

Whoa, that's a bit on an underestimation. They actually won 8 ARIA awards for the debut album. Plus 2 more for the group at the 1997 and 1998 ARIA awards.

Best Album
Best Single
Best Group
Song Of The Year
Best Debut Album
Best Independent Release
Best Pop Release
Highest Selling Single award
Highest Selling Album award
Outstanding Achievement Award

SLAP ME! SLAP ME! lol

Whoa, that's a bit on an underestimation. They actually won 8 ARIA awards for the debut album. Plus 2 more for the group at the 1997 and 1998 ARIA awards.

Best Album
Best Single
Best Group
Song Of The Year
Best Debut Album
Best Independent Release
Best Pop Release
Highest Selling Single award
Highest Selling Album award
Outstanding Achievement Award

im dissapointed in myself :( lol. i class myself as a big fan.
i cant always remember everything. :)

i remember watching the show sand they said all there thnx for there 1st award and each time they got up after that they didnt know what to say. they didnt expect to win any.

Last edited:
Yeh, it was great to watch. It's not often you see something like that. I remember the album being absolutely everywhere. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing one of the songs. There's really been nothing else like it in Australian music history except for maybe John Franham's Whispering Jack. And I supposed Delta Goodrem's Innocent Eyes was just as popular and successful.

Yeh, it was great to watch. It's not often you see something like that. I remember the album being absolutely everywhere. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing one of the songs. There's really been nothing else like it in Australian music history except for maybe John Franham's Whispering Jack. And I supposed Delta Goodrem's Innocent Eyes was just as popular and successful.
That is really cool. Funny to see how different things are on the different continents.

quite good? quite good? lol. his voice is brilliant. people have uploaded the entire album on imeem.com if you fancy having a listen anyone. :)

Back