Which Stevie Wonder classic would MJ do justice to?

BONGANI

Proud Member
Well MJ refers to Stevie him as a musical Prophet, and as a person who's recently discovered Stevies Wonder's music, I FULLY AGREE. In fact Stevie is my favorite artist after MJ.
I coulndn't help but notice that some melodies in Stevie's songs could be easily done by MJ although I've heard his songs are somewhat difficult to cover. A song that I think MJ could definetly do from Stevie is "I wish".If you're not familiar with song titles, its the first songs Stevie does on Motown 25. Its brilliant song and in my MJ-FAN mind I think it has MJ written all over it.
On a ballad tip, I think MJ could KILL Stevie's "MY Cherie Amour" I can already hear MJ's soft vocals all over this number.;)

Stevie has about ten albums If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure you guys can pick a track that you think Michael can personalise there. Let me know..:)

Last edited:
Cherie Amour. Yes! also Lately and As would be great.

i'd love to hear MJ do 'Lately' and 'Overjoyed'.
Especially 'Overjoyed'.....can you imagine Michael's vocals on that?!

i'd love to hear MJ do 'Lately' and 'Overjoyed'.
Especially 'Overjoyed'.....can you imagine Michael's vocals on that?!
YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!:jump: "OVERJOYED" would absolutely wonderful!! In fact it similiar to "FALL AGAIN" Great choice!

^ just picture Michael in the video.......stranger in moscow comes to mind for some reason...

I've got bleedin' Part Time Lover going round my head now!

Another good choice, Superstition. Mike could tear that up & do ace ad-libs in there.

Or Sir Duke...

Another good choice, Superstition. Mike could tear that up & do ace ad-libs in there.

Or Sir Duke...
Yep SIR DUKE, is a good one, its got a very MJ-like hook. I can already see MJ singing it with his teeth clenched and we cant even make out what he saying but we enjoying regardless.:lol:

Last edited:

Or Sir Duke...

Yep SIR DUKE, is a good one, its got a very MJ-like hook. I can already see MJ singing it with his teeth clenched and we cant even make out what he saying but we enjoying regardless.:lol:

OMG! As soon as I saw this thread, I thought "Sir Duke". :lol:

BTW, Mike did do Superstition - one of the J5 concerts in Japan, 1973 I think It's really good!

Last edited:
I can see bubbly 20 year ol Michael doing the funky "DO I DO". Imagin the ebthusiasm he has on the BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE video transfered to this Stevie Wonder classic!:)

I've got a question that you may or may not agree with...

How did these 2 geniuses create such an average record in 'Just Good Friends'?

Marni - I think you like it, don't you? But for me, it's easily the weakest song out of all of them on Thriller, Bad & Dangerous.

It reminds me of the duet Madonna & Prince did 'Love Song'. You'd think it would be amazing, but it's just...average.

I didn't know about the 1973 Superstition performance, I'll look on You Tube. Stevie did Superstition at the BETs last night. Pity Michael never showed, they could have duetted.

Sorry, got off topic ...!

Marni - I think you like it, don't you? But for me, it's easily the weakest song out of all of them on Thriller, Bad & Dangerous.

It reminds me of the duet Madonna & Prince did 'Love Song'. You'd think it would be amazing, but it's just...average.

I didn't know about the 1973 Superstition performance, I'll look on You Tube. Stevie did Superstition at the BETs last night. Pity Michael never showed, they could have duetted.

Tony I feel you, although I totally love JUST GOOD FREINDS, its not a good representation of both Stevie and Michael's magnitude as far as artistry goez..

Where's Timmy? He's MJJC's ultimate soul brother I'd love to hear his pick.. Where you at "Troublman"?;)

For Your Love. The best Stevie's song I like. I would like Michael to sing it as well :D

NO WAY! You're joking, right?

Joking about Superstition? No. It's wonderful. :D

Yes I do like JGF. The reason is that the singing is still fabulous whether it's a weak song or not (but I don't think it is) and with the key changes, the vocals, the lyrical playfulness, I just love it. :D It doesn't represent their artistry at all, but it's still a fun song and that's what its intention was.

Check out "All I Do" and "Get It"- 2 more songs they did together.

Superstition is on J5 in Japan or it may just be titled "In Japan". It's fairly rare (released only to Japan), but I am pretty sure you can get the CD on amazon. :yes:

Last edited:
Stevie's Too High

it's the only song i crave to hear MJ sing.

My Cherie Amour would sound AMAZING on MJ! Gets me all excited just thinking about it! :lol::woohoo:
The Jackson 5 have covered My Cherie Amour, its on the "Diana Ross presents the Jackson 5" Album, but I think its more Jermaine singing..

I would love to hear Michael sing I Wish and We can work It out.:)

Lately
You Are The Sunshine of My Life
If You Really Love Me
I Just Called To Say I Love You
Isn't She Lovely
Part Time Lover

Aww, HOW could I forget that one? yeah definetly!!

I can hear him singing right now, gah! I'd think it would really suit his voice. :wub:

The Jackson 5 have covered My Cherie Amour, its on the "Diana Ross presents the Jackson 5" Album, but I think its more Jermaine singing..

I would love to hear Michael sing I Wish and We can work It out.:)

Oooh yeah I know, but I'd love to hear Michaels adult voice singing it. That would be out of this world, oh my god. :woohoo:

Back