Aaliyah

Catherine..

Proud Member
Um yes its a ritual, every board I am apart of needs a bit of Aaliyah.^_^
Tomorrow would be her 29th birthday! January 16th!
So let me tell you why I am a fan.
She is my 2nd favourite artist. She is a true beauty, a lovely songbird, with moves, grace, and mystery. Its such a shame she was taken too early in life, but her legacy lives on.

So I got to keep her legacy alive, and this thread is going to do just that.B)
Pics from: http://floacist.wordpress.com/2007/10/30/aaliyah-candid-mix-hq/ ^_^

So are there any Aaliyah fans in the hizzouse?

90152_untitled5567_122_515lo.JPG

oh i love her! i bought the single 'lost without u' and i just cried the first time i heard it...she was such a great singer...it's so sad she died so young...but yes, i luv her and her music...

I absolutely love her :happy: i've been listening to her and watching her dvd now :wub: Happy Birthday Aaliyah!You are truly missed

Yes me!!! I remember crying all day the day she passed away :( God, I miss her.
Often imitated but NEVER duplicated.:cool:

P.S. I did a drawing of her ( my best one I think) I'll post tomorrow to show you guys ^_^

Oh I love this thread! Loved her, still listen to her songs. She was soooo young to think that she is gone (but not forgotten).

Yay, I love this thread too so I got to bump it. I'm listening to Aaliyah now 'Hot like fire', and I just adore her voice and music so much, her dance routines, her personality everything. I miss her tremendously.

I don't know much about Aaliyah. Dislike most of her singles but I do adore Try Again, the song and the choreography in the video.

Nonetheless she did a single for Anastasia animation film, which was simply amazing. She has a beautiful voice. The song is one of my personal favorites. The song has a little homage to Michael Jackson's Human Nature. If not a lot.

I love Aaliyah. Her tragic passing hurt so badly. This was a truly good human being with so much talent.

I don't know much about Aaliyah. Dislike most of her singles but I do adore Try Again, the song and the choreography in the video.

Nonetheless she did a single for Anastasia animation film, which was simply amazing. She has a beautiful voice. The song is one of my personal favorites. The song has a little homage to Michael Jackson's Human Nature. If not a lot.
Yes Journey to the past, I love it. It is very human naturey, its a beautiful song.
She was the youngest african american female to perform at the oscars with that song.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=esztthMA8n8

The original video
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dZHv6kCTQGY

I Adore Aaliyah..i miss her so much..I am a HUGE fan..and her birthday happens to be a day before mine..

Love this woman to pieces and she is so missed.

She was not only beautiful and talented, she was truly a kind soul.

She would have been the it girl if she was here, but I guess world wasnt ready for such beauty so god called her home early.

Does anyone know if she ever met Michael?? I know she met Janet, Siggy jr and she was best friends with Kidada Jones..so I wonder if they ever met.

Though I am not that huge a fan of Aaliyah, I loved "Try Agian" The Isley Brother cover "At your best". Her death was sad to me though. :(

I remember having Aaliyah's compilation album and playing it to bits. the growth in her first three albums was astonishing, and it's a shame we'll never see anymore from it.

I'm tellin you, like Michael Aaliyah was put on this earth for a reason.

Her presence was nothing but sweetness, she was a kind heart indeed and she is so missed.

I love Aaliyah!
She wasn't that popular in the 90's in germany (at least I think so), but when "Come back in one piece" and "We need a resolution" were released I became a little fan of hers. I loved that songs and was looking forward to hear more from her, then she passed, way too soon. I was very sad about that. Such a beautiful and sweet woman! She won't be forgotten!

I love Aaliyah!
She wasn't that popular in the 90's in germany (at least I think so), but when "Come back in one piece" and "We need a resolution" were released I became a little fan of hers. I loved that songs and was looking forward to hear more from her, then she passed, way too soon. I was very sad about that. Such a beautiful and sweet woman! She won't be forgotten!

I think here in germany she was popular after Try Again and the songs you've mentioned! ;)

I love the work she did with R. Kelly. The album Age Ain't Nothin But A Number is great.

i love at your best, the one i gave my heart too and back and forth
i miss the 90's and even in early 2000 she still rocked it with try again and more than a woman. i cried when she died :( she was too young can't believe its been 9 years already :( i hope shes singing songs with mj in heaven

I think here in germany she was popular after Try Again and the songs you've mentioned! ;)

Yeah, I remember "Try again" and "Are you that somebody" being played on VIVA and MTV, but somehow to that time unfortunately I didn't really pay attention to her.

Aaliyah is defs in my top 2 favorite artists of all time, after Michael. She is one of the few artists who had that air of "mystery" to her that I think a ton of female artists are missing when they rip off their clothes with their teeth. Lol, sarcasm.

Anyways, I always thought she was an extremely talented live vocalist, and she earned a degree in dance which really shows that she was a trained dancer.

One of my favorite Aaliyah songs:

[youtube]mD5uDpwOq2M[/youtube]

Anyways, I always thought she was an extremely talented live vocalist, and she earned a degree in dance which really shows that she was a trained dancer.

Yepp, that's why I like her so much!
There are not many women as musicians nowadays, who can sing really great and dance great, too! I only know Janet and maybe Britney but I'm not so sure with her...
All the other musicians like Lady Gaga or Beyonce either dance very bad/strange or not so good, in my opinion!

Hmm, didn't you really like her songs back then or was it only the attention you didn't really pay?

It's over 10 years ago, I really don't remember.
But is that really important? ;) Even after re-thinking the situation I'm not really sure anymore, if I really didn't pay attention to "try again" because I always liked her tattoo, so maybe it was just "Are you that somebody" I didn't pay attention to?! I don't remember, it's too long ago. But one thing is for sure, when "Come back in one piece" came out, I started to be a lil' fan.

It's over 10 years ago, I really don't remember.
But is that really important? ;) Even after re-thinking the situation I'm not really sure anymore, if I really didn't pay attention to "try again" because I always liked her tattoo, so maybe it was just "Are you that somebody" I didn't pay attention to?! I don't remember, it's too long ago. But one thing is for sure, when "Come back in one piece" came out, I started to be a lil' fan.

It's not that important but this is a forum and it is made for things like this - for people who like to discuss! ;)

Thanks for lettin' me know! :)

Back