January 15, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Good afternoon/evening. There is some news articles still reporting about the Kapon case that was dismissed yesterday and also reports about either a single coming out of the Thriller 25 or just about Thriller 25 itself.

Michael Jackson News:

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/207812.php/Lawsuit-against-Michael-Jackson-dismissed

Lawsuit against Michael Jackson dismissed

From our ANI Correspondent

Washington, Jan 15(ANI): A lawsuit filed against pop star Michael Jackson by a 22-year-old man has been dismissed after the applicant failed to show up for the commencement of the trial.

Daniel Kapon had filed a lawsuit against the pop star, stating that Jackson had molested and sexually assaulted him for 12 years. The case however was dismissed after he failed to show up.

"I think the judge realized how crazy the lawsuit was," E!News quoted Jackson's attorney Thomas C. Mundell, as saying.

In the original lawsuit filed in January 2006 in Orange County, and then refiled in Los Angeles in March, Kapon accused Jackson of a litany of sins, including child molestation, assault, battery, false imprisonment, plagiarism and fraud.

He also said that Jackson had started molesting him when he was 2 years old and sexually assaulted him for over the next 12 years.

Kapon claimed that Jackson forced him into drugs and alcohol and subjected him to unnecessary cosmetic surgery, burned, tortured and beating.

He also accused the 49-year-old singer of stealing his song ideas.

In his deposition, Kapon said that Jackson had him ejaculate into a jar and later used his semen to impregnate ex-wife Debbie Rowe.

"He was obsessed with geniuses and blood lines and he told me that he wanted to continue my blood line, which he believed to be related to the Rothschilds," said Kapon.

However, Jackson's lawyer claimed, "These are not good-faith deposition answers. They are the ravings of an unbalanced celebrity stalker."

The judge granted a motion filed by Kapon's attorney, Barry Fischer, to be relieved as counsel and Fischer has also filed a missing person report against the plaintiff.

http://www.rwdmag.com/articles/6565/Akon-WillIAm-Kanye-West-and-Jackson-Star-in-New-Thriller.html

Akon, Will.I.Am, Kanye West and Jackson Star in New Thriller
Artist: Akon[/b]

To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Michael Jackson’s multi-multi-platinum Thriller LP – which is an undisputed classic – that featured many hits including the title track of the same name which accompanied a 14 minute video, The Girl Is Mine with Paul McCartney, Billy Jean, Beat It and RWD favourite Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ - MJ is nearing completion of the hotly tipped remix of the later. Not only featuring southern sensation and Locked Up star, Akon but Black Eyed Peas’ Will.I.Am and the legendary man himself. When RWD spoke to Will about working with MJ he had nothing but admiration for the man who once claimed he was Peter Pan, “Well, it was more like, how would I like Michael to sound now, what would I want him to do?, When I finally sat down with him, I was nervous. I couldn't be the way I would be like when I'm with Justin or Nas. I've idolised Michael my whole life.”

"He's incredible," Akon told MTV about working with Jackson. "He's a genius. Just to be in the same room [with him], I felt everything I wanted to accomplish in life has been achieved. That aura… that's how incredible that aura is. We about to shake the world up, man. You know how you be with somebody and you can't even explain [the feeling]? I used to sit and think, 'How does somebody sell so many records and dominate a whole business genre to a point [where] nobody can't be a part of that without associating with you?' The way he thinks ... some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It's on another level."

Accompanying the reworking of Wanna Be Starting Something there will be quite a few tracks with a 2008 makeover that will appear on a re-released version of the Thriller LP, rightfully named Thriller 25. It’s said that Kanye West has done a version of Billie Jean, Will.I.Am has redone The Girl Is Mine AND PYT. Meanwhile Fergie has done her take of Beat It and Jackson is said to have worked with Chris Brown, Ne-Yo and Pharrell Williams but nothing has been confirmed on those collabs just yet.

Expect to upload Thriller 25 to your generic music player in the next month or so.

http://www.pr-inside.com/jackson-assault-lawsuit-dismissed-r387767.htm

JACKSON ASSAULT LAWSUIT DISMISSED
http://www.pr-inside.com/print387767.htmPrint article Refer to a friend Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

pr-inside-33785-michael-jackson.jpg
Michael Jackson - © ddphttp://www.pr-inside.com/print387767.htm2008-01-15 17:53:02 -

Pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON has had a lawsuit alleging assault, false imprisonment and sexual battery thrown out of court in Los Angeles after the accuser failed to turn up for the start of the trial on Monday (14Jan08).
Daniel Kapon originally launched legal action against Jackson in January 2006 in Orange County, California, before refiling the suit in L.A. two months later (Mar06). In the [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]legal [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]papers[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], 22-year-old Kapon claims the Thriller hitmaker began molesting him when he was aged two, continuing the alleged behaviour until he was 14.
He also accused Jackson of forcing him to take drugs and drink alcohol, as well as making him undergo cosmetic surgery. And Kapon goes on to allege Jackson plagiarised, stealing song ideas from him for 10 years from 1987.
But in December 2006, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rold Treu rejected a number of Kapon's accusations - leaving Jackson to defend himself against the remaining allegations of assault, battery, false imprisonment and a sexual battery cause of action.
However, Treu dismissed the lawsuit altogether on Monday when Kapon didn't show up for the trial.
And Jackson's [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]attorney[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], Thomas C. Mundell, is glad the suit has been thrown out, having branded the allegations "the ravings of an unbalanced celebrity stalker" in a December (07) filing.
Speaking after the judge's ruling on Monday, Mundell added, "I think the judge realised how crazy the lawsuit was." Jackson was acquitted of unrelated child molestation charges in 2005.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article3186528.ece

Exclusive: Listen to a clip of Michael Jackson's new single

From Times Online
January 15, 2008

Exclusive: Listen to a clip of Michael Jackson's new single

Click here to listen to a clip from Michael Jackson's new version The Girl Is Mine
After a long and frequently dramatic time away from the music industry, Michael Jackson is releasing his first new music in seven years.
To mark the 25th anniversary of his record-breaking album Thriller, the man once known as the King of Pop is releasing a new version of the hit The Girl Is Mine.
Originally a duet with Sir Paul McCartney, Jackson has re-recorded the song with The Black Eyed Pea’s Will.i.am.
The single’s digital release today marks the beginning of a comeback attempt by Jackson, whose reputation was battered when he was tried on molestation charges in 2005.
Although the pop star was acquitted, his first attempt to re-enter the music industry was a disaster. Jackson was booked to perform at the World Music Awards in London but managed only a few faltering notes.
His latest comeback attempt is more ambitious. The Girl Is Mine will be on shop shelves on January 28, followed by a new edition of Thriller, featuring remixes by hip-hop heavyweights Akon and Kanye West, on February 11. Then in March the singer starts a three-month-long UK tour.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.film.com/tv/story/dancewarhoustonwehaveteams/13982602/18029932
This week's episode of Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann was better than last week's but not by much. The show opened with the 16 finalists performing a routine to a medley of music that included Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"and Peaches & Herb's "Shake Your Groove Thing". The dancing was good I'll give them that but there was too much background vocals!

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?storyID=12607

Screams and thunderous cheers welcomed the Disco Biscuits to the throw down. Early on a sweet little combo of "I-Man" > "Wizards of Winter" popped up on the radar. Marc Brownstein and Jon Gutwillig aligned to create a nice boost in the energy while the costumed masses whirled themselves into an end-of-the-year fury. The Antibalas horn's fed "Morph Dusseldorf" and helped the Biscuits navigate a nice section of Michael Jackson teases including "Billie Jean" and "Thriller." Antibalas' Marcus Farrar kept himself and his shekere shaking almost as furiously as the hardcore rail riders. However, the horns fell out of sync a smidge, which proved an amusing way to send off 2007.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/tv/sfl-flpshmuley0115pnjan15,0,3104669.story

Boteach (pronounced Bo-TAY-ahk), who wears a yarmulke and scraggly beard, has become a national sensation with his empire of books, reality show, speaking engagements and soon-to-begin radio show on XM's Oprah and Friends-Ch. 156. He came to many people's attention in 2001, when he and Michael Jackson created a charity, Heal the Kids. Boteach said they are no longer friends.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/4373808.html
House DJ Morales has won a Grammy for his remixing skills, and is also an acclaimed producer, having worked with artists like Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey.

Michael Jackson HIStory:

2001 - Michael Jackson's CD single for "Butterflies" was released commercially in the U.S.

2003 - Michael Jackson attended Maurice Gibb's private funeral.

2004 - Michael Jackson's video "Number Ones" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

thanks for todays news/mentionings

Thanks for the news.

Good thing the lawsuit was dropped. Just reading thatcrap angers me because this could have all been prevented. The idiot who said these things about MJ should have been locked up in a mental hospital and givenhis meds. His parents should have been dealt with in some way for letting their son do this to himself. The lawyers that made sure this case was existing should have gotten their license to practice law revoked. It just makes me sick that this laughable and sick case went this far. I am glad that this case is now gone.

MTV has an article about the WBSS release with Akon.. and here are the comments about article:

Comments on this Article10
  1. flag Flag Comment
    LaCharla (01.14.08 | 16:40)

MJ picked some of the best (Akon, Will.I.Am and Fergie) to work with, when it comes to music Michel as a sixth sense for good dance-able music. I believe we all have a sixth sense (one more than the five we all are said to have). That sixth sense is different in each one of us, if you are blessed like some (Oprah Winfrey, Michel Jackson, Donald Thump, Bill Gates or Steve Jobs just to name a few) to find it and put it to good use, everything you touch will turn to gold. I wish him the best I can’t wait to see the videos I hope he will be in the videos with some of the artist from the LP. Good fortunes to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. flag Flag Comment
    AR50x50,Crop
    wuzzup (01.14.08 | 16:35)

Micheal Jackson, as strange is he is, has a way with music that can never be duplicated!

3. flag Flag Comment
    shai182 (01.14.08 | 16:24)

this song rocks!!!!

4. flag Flag Comment
    Rookie (01.14.08 | 16:01)

I don't WANT to like it....but I kinda do.

5. flag Flag Comment
    MTVHolliday (01.14.08 | 15:09)

this shiz is HOT! can't wait to hear the rest...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579562/20080114/jackson_michael.jhtml

here are more comments
  1. flag Flag Comment
  2. Adult
  1. AR50x50,Crop
    preoa (01.15.08 | 15:32)
  2. I like the Voice of this new CD By Michael Featuring Akon...I think that this will be a good Tribute to Michael's Greatest Hits! Michael's voice is Great!
  1. flag Flag Comment
  2. Adult
  1. 633359796000000000
    MackTheKnife (01.15.08 | 10:51)
  2. Hot trackk!!
  1. flag Flag Comment
  2. Adult
  1. 633359738400000000
    eveneliza (01.15.08 | 9:08)
  2. I really like this. GO Michael. Its good to see a REAL comeback in the making. Akon has got skills too. Lets hope the other songs sound as good as this one.
  1. flag Flag Comment
  2. Adult
  1. 633289707600000000
    fefe3344 (01.15.08 | 8:57)
  2. i love michael jackson!!! i would marry him tomorrow if he asked...all he needs is a huge and some love! he is such a creative genius... i am sure if i got the chance to meet him i would be one of those chicks who started crying and shaking... haha.
  1. flag Flag Comment
  2. Adult
  1. 633352291200000000
    I_LUV_AITMAC31 (01.15.08 | 0:17)
  2. THIS SONG IS ALRIGHT IF MJ MAKES A COMEBACK I THINK THAT IS MIGHT JUST WORK THIS TIME. I JUST HOPE IS SAYS OUT OF LIME LIGHT LIKE HE'S DOING NOW. I HAVE NOTHING BUT WELL WISHES FOR YOU MJ.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579562/20080114/jackson_michael.jhtml

its about time ppl started filing complaints against leiberman and allred seeing as they were the two who found this kid. cant be hard for some usa addressed fans to make complaints to the licening board. they have a history of doing this with mj

Thanks for the news!! *is still soooo glad that stupid lawsuit was dismissed* :lol:

Johnny Depp would play Michael Jackson, if offered

BANG Showbiz
Jan. 15, 2008 09:43 AM

Johnny Depp would love to play Michael Jackson in a movie about his life.

The 44-year-old actor has joked he would be willing to portray the reclusive star if the opportunity arose. Depp was said to have based his character Willy Wonka in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' on Jackson.

Depp told BANG Showbiz, "I have heard that I based Willy Wonka on Michael Jackson before, but no, that was not my plan, I wish I had thought of that though.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0115depp-CR.html

Back